360 degree birds eye camera (2 Viewers)

Apr 17, 2022
Cadwell Park Circuit, Cawkwell, Louth, UK
Funster No
MH
burstner argos
Morning all,
I have a two camera rear view mirror setup, which is great for general driving, It automatically switches to second camera when reversing but in truth it’s not a lot of use as you can’t actually see the corners of the van , maybe needs a wider angle lens? ( the bike rack doesn’t help either) I’ve just seen these 360 degree systems and wondered if anyone has any experience with them?
many thanks bob

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Indeed we do (y) we have the Camos 360 HD digital system and I have just added 4 channel recording to it as well (I think you can get recording built into one unit now as like everything ours is trhe older version), it's great for parking and maneuvering as you can see the corners in the overhead view, when you indicate to change lanes etc it shifts to give more of that lane view in the overhead, reversing I can get to within a couple of inches of obstacles.

IMG_3596 (2).jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bobupanddown
Apr 17, 2022
Cadwell Park Circuit, Cawkwell, Louth, UK
Funster No
MH
burstner argos
Indeed we do (y) we have the Camos 360 HD digital system and I have just added 4 channel recording to it as well (I think you can get recording built into one unit now as like everything ours is trhe older version), it's great for parking and maneuvering as you can see the corners in the overhead view, when you indicate to change lanes etc it shifts to give more of that lane view in the overhead, reversing I can get to within a couple of inches of obstacles.

View attachment 864071

Thanks very much for taking the time to respond, that looks and sounds great, i will be looking at fitting something like this , I do quite a bit on my own and am always in and out the truck when reversing near obstacles

Upvote 0

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
Absolutely would not be without my camos setup. Worth every penny and SWMBO appreciates not being asked to hop out and help with any manoeuvres
Same here great system that covers all the blind spots👍
I did wonder if in France they would negate the need for’angles mort’ badges as there are no blind spots?

Upvote 0

poacher

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2008
Funster No
Looks like a great bit of kit, can they be used when parked up to see if there are any scroats about?

Yes - some 'tweaking' of connections necessary
(Ours - with its recorder runs 24/7 - beware of power consumption if running 24/7 and not large batteried or on EHU - "every little matters" ;);))

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2015
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years
My rear view camera stopped working recently so was thinking of upgrading to one of these systems too as they look really impressive- but I think nearly £2k is going to be hard to justify. I wonder how the cheaper systems available on Amazon for example compare. An interesting bit of research for the next few days..

Last edited:
Upvote 1

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
My rear view camera stopped working recently so was thinking of upgrading to one of these systems too as they look really impressive- but I think nearly £2k is going to be hard to justify. I wonder if there is cheaper solution than the Camos.
There are but it’s a matter of trust ,would you feel safe with a £200 Chinesium system bought of EBay?

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
There are but it’s a matter of trust ,would you feel safe with a £200 Chinesium system bought of EBay?
Considering the value of what you are trying to safeguard, £2.5k is a reasonable investment IMHO. We are going to sort out getting the CAMOS 360⁰ HD system next week.
Thanks to all posters for their honest opinions.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2015
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years
I wonder if you can get the same sort of setup with home CCTV too - i.e. Something to take in the feeds from various cameras around the house perimeter and merge them into a 360 degree overhead view. If nothing else it would be a really good way of highlighting any blindspots.

Upvote 0
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I wonder if you can get the same sort of setup with home CCTV too - i.e. Something to take in the feeds from various cameras around the house perimeter and merge them into a 360 degree overhead view. If nothing else it would be a really good way of highlighting any blindspots.
Don’t think they have zoom lenses on them, so the further you travel from home, the worse the picture gets, and if you turn a corner 🤪🤪

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Here's ours being fitted. We also had a hard drive fitted to store the footage.

I had our screens fitted portrait instead of landscape on the basis that the Motorhome is long and skinny and would fit the portrait format better, that way I don't mess about with different views and when I select reverse the rear image is behind the 360 view, I say screens as in we had two fitted which was the first time that they had done it that way so had a to make up a wiring loom for it, if you don't ask you don't get, the guy fitting it was chuffed with the result and did a few more the same after ours.

Upvote 1
Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
We have decided to go for one as, having looked them up on the CAMC website, we get 10% discount as members. That should bring it in at just on 2k for the top end model.

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I'm thinking of getting a set fitted as my reversing camera is failing. I think they are primarily for manoeuvring. They're probably less good for incident recording number plates and pretty poor for security, other than maybe as a deterrent. The cameras are very wide angle and fish eyed.

Upvote 0
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Is this £2k installed? I’m assuming it’s a fully ‘run’ hidden cable install? There is quite a bit of internal deconstruction needed to properly run cable in my Motorhome.

Upvote 1
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I wrote this when we fitted ours , amazed how long ago it was

I agree the long distance view particularly backwards isn’t great, but mirrors are there for that , until close up

We had to have a new monitor after 3 years, only cost £120 and easily fitted by me 🤔👍

Big issue I have is I have to reverse into a walled corner at home to turn round , the camera struggles to pick out both corners at same time

Apart from that I like it, I wouldn’t bother with the very dated recording option we bought, only downloaded once following an accident ahead of us, even though only 100 feet away it didn’t show enough detail. But it would have been good better had we actually been involved in the accident I think

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Is this £2k installed? I’m assuming it’s a fully ‘run’ hidden cable install? There is quite a bit of internal deconstruction needed to properly run cable in my Motorhome.

Mine took a day and a half on my drive for two hard working Eastern European technicians , very careful and competent 👍

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
I need to speak to them tomorrow, but yes, that is what I believe from the dummy online order I created earlier. £2,340 before discount.
I will post the outcome

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
I wrote this when we fitted ours , amazed how long ago it was

I agree the long distance view particularly backwards isn’t great, but mirrors are there for that , until close up

We had to have a new monitor after 3 years, only cost £120 and easily fitted by me 🤔👍

Big issue I have is I have to reverse into a walled corner at home to turn round , the camera struggles to pick out both corners at same time

Apart from that I like it, I wouldn’t bother with the very dated recording option we bought, only downloaded once following an accident ahead of us, even though only 100 feet away it didn’t show enough detail. But it would have been good better had we actually been involved in the accident I think
I will keep our Nextbase dashcam as it is date, time, location and speed stamped. It has saved me a fortune on two occasions by proving accidents I was involved in were 100% not my fault.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back