2021 Adria Matrix - Heating (1 Viewer)

Gavmooney

Free Member
Jan 28, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
I am looking for advice on heating my Adria Matrix. I am in the French Alps. The temperatures are about -6 degrees. I am on EHU and supposedly getting 10a. I am struggling to heat the Motorhome. I have switched everything off including the fridge which does seem to draw a lot of current (Thetford NC300 series 4.3Kw). I have nothing else running and the temperature in the motorhome seems to vary from 18 degrees during the day to 9 degrees first thing in the morning. To avoid tripping the EHU I have set the Alde Boiler to 2kw. I have also switched off the heating i the garage. I appreciate the outside temperature will vary considerably during the day/night but I would have though the Boiler could cope with this. Has anyone any experience of dealing with this kind of problem?

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Run the boiler on gas. Via gas it’s about 4 times more powerful. But 9 to 18 sounds fine to me. Especially if minus 6 outside.

OP
OP
G

Gavmooney

Free Member
Jan 28, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Thanks guys. What i find strange is that there is barely any heat coming out from the vents. Surely on 2KW i should feel some benefit?

rog-m740

Free Member
Jan 26, 2023
Funster No
MH
C Class
Go into the Service menu on the Alde controller and check the glycol temperature - if it's not being maintained around the 80 degree mark then you need to put more heat into it e.g. burn gas. If it's at 80ish and you still don't feel much heat then that's down to Adria's installation and how they've arranged for air circulation over the convectors and into the living space.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2019
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Adria PVC
Exp
Rented a few times...now an owner.
Thanks guys. What i find strange is that there is barely any heat coming out from the vents. Surely on 2KW i should feel some benefit?
I guess if you’re starting with air at minus 6, by the time it’s added as much of the 2 Kw as it can, it’s still not going to feel very warm. As others have said, think you need some gas to help it out.

OP
OP
G

Gavmooney

Free Member
Jan 28, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Go into the Service menu on the Alde controller and check the glycol temperature - if it's not being maintained around the 80 degree mark then you need to put more heat into it e.g. burn gas. If it's at 80ish and you still don't feel much heat then that's down to Adria's installation and how they've arranged for air circulation over the convectors and into the living space.
Thanks for all the replies. The glycol rises throughout the day from 40 early morning to a cosy 50 later in the day. It looks like I've found the limits of the boiler on the EHU. I will have to use the gas a bit more than I anticipated. Thanks everyone

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back