2020 Ducato - access around the Cab Fuse Box to gap in A pillar? (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2020
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
Hi,
Hoping to fit a ignition-fed 12v power supply to my SatNav via its 5v stepper using a piggy back fuse from a source in the Cab Fuse Box. I took out the two screws securing the top of the under fuse box panel but that panel (occupying the space between the lower dash and the foot pedals) doesn't want to come out. Are there other screws I haven't located yet that need to be taken out?

If I can find some room behind this panel I can put the rolled up spare cable to the Garmin there before feeding the connector up through the small gap around the A pillar and onto the dash surface. (Also want to use the space for the spare feed wire to a dash camera to be mounted near the rear view mirror would be.)

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Assuming you have taken out the two screws that fit through the cubby recess panel above the lower dashboard panel, and not the two securing the fusebox access panel, grab the top of the lower panel firmly and pull it out of the hidden retaining clips. There is one clip at the top of the panel below the steering column and either two clips or stub hinges at the lower edge, from memory.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Hagstrom
Jan 4, 2020
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks, Deneb, I'll try that. I perhaps didn't give enough welly when I tried to ease it out before.
Norman

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Think your X290 is very similar to our X250 and once you get the cover off it should look like this. It also shows the ignition fed 12v supply (and earth) I used for our dashcam hard wire. There is probably space for you to fit a piggybacked fuse \ holder connected to a fly lead with cigarette socket to plug your say nav 5v plug into. Will be tight though.

1617185944415.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back