2019 CampScout (1 Viewer)

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Was down south the past few days and stopped at SMC while I was passing Newark. I had a look at the new Campscout and noticed that it has the digital Truma boiler control and says it is Inet ready.
I also think there was a light in the garage, as well but that seemed to be all that was different.
I wonder how well the digital control works. I do struggle to get the right temp with the round control knob... but that might be my variable personal central heating (woman of a certain age!).

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We have the Truma inet ready in our Hymer and it is very easy to get temps right as you just set the temperature to what you want.(y)

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
we have the Truma CP plus control panel and think it is super.
https://www.truma.com/uk/en/products/truma-inet-system/truma-cp-plus.html
im not fused with the iNet ready element don't use that part of the capability - you need an extra box on top of the CP plus - and it is not cheap (it allows remote control of heating from mobile) - but the CP plus digital control is very easy and we can set the heater to 16c overnight and have the heater come on to 19c and turn the hot water on at 630am and warm the van up and have hot water in the morning.... very pleasant!/
we had it factory fitted when we ordered the van - I think retrofitting it is a bit of a pain as the standard 2 rotary dial setup has a bigger footprint than the CP plus - so there is an issue of 2 holes in the wood that the CP plus doesn't cover - so you have to plate them with something to hide them

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
I don't care what improvements they've made, there is no way I'd spend my money on something called a "globecar campscout" no matter how good they are!:)

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
we had it factory fitted when we ordered the van - I think retrofitting it is a bit of a pain as the standard 2 rotary dial setup has a bigger footprint than the CP plus - so there is an issue of 2 holes in the wood that the CP plus doesn't cover - so you have to plate them with something to hide them
We had our fitted by the dealer and they put a 240v and a 12v socket in place.(y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back