2016 fiat ducato 3l comfort-matic wont go in gears (1 Viewer)

Ev05rot

Free Member
Jul 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato 3l
Hi there I wonder if anybody could help me.ive got a 2016 3l fiat ducato with comfort-matic gearbox 50k and it's coming up with gear not available.it wont even let me select any gear what so ever.has anybody had this problem and if so any ideas what it could be..much appreciated rich

OP
OP
Ev05rot

Ev05rot

Free Member
Jul 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato 3l
Thankyou for your reply.I can have a check..It gets used daily and when i came back sunday its driven fine.then whet to go out afew hours later and this problem occurred. I've looked on the internet but cant find anything and not had chance to contact any garages.ive been wondering if it could be anything with the earth cable from the gearbox to the body as I've read up that they can corrode or any sensors that are common with this problem.

Upvote 0
May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Upvote 0
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Thankyou for your reply.I can have a check..It gets used daily and when i came back sunday its driven fine.then whet to go out afew hours later and this problem occurred. I've looked on the internet but cant find anything and not had chance to contact any garages.ive been wondering if it could be anything with the earth cable from the gearbox to the body as I've read up that they can corrode or any sensors that are common with this problem.
If you suspect an earth cable fault, get a jump lead and connect it to the battery negative and clamp the other end on to a decent piece of bare metal like an engine mounting bolt or similar and see if the fault goes away ?

Upvote 0
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
I had the no gears come up on mine at 44,000 miles and it was the clutch that needed changing.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back