• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD 2002 Hymer b544 Classic (1 Viewer)

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
October 2002 Hymer B544 Classic. LHD. Just had dealer service with full damp test and comes with 12 months MOT. £17499

Fiat 2.8 JTD with 5 speed manual gearbox, fitted alarm and immobiliser, two previous owners from new, plus ourselves and has covered just 70,000 miles. Excellent original white bodywork with fitted Fiamma awning and two bike rack. Air suspension, tow bar and electrics, Status TV aerial, leisure battery, Camos rear view/reversing camera, 230v inverter, electric double step. Fitted 11kg Gaslow refillable system with external filler and additional 6kg Calor lite. Tyres all under 5 years old and in good condition. Fully laden weight of 3.400 kg, length 6.06m, width 2.3m, height 2.9.

The interior is in very good condition having had the habitation area re-upholstered two years ago. The captains seats have quality German fitted seat covers. Beech wood cabinets, rear kitchen with 3 burner gas hob, twin sinks, Fiamma turbo roof vent and fully working 3 way Electrolux fridge. Rear corner shower room with cassette toilet, wash basin mirrored cabinets and shower.

Lounge area has 4 seater dinette and is fitted with 4 seat belts (3x3 and one lap belt). Large clear roof light with blackout and insect blinds. Above cab drop down bed with recent new gas struts. Truma combi heating and hot water system.

There is a large wardrobe, an abundance of storage cupboards and all windows excluding the cab area are fitted with blackout blinds and flyscreens. Curtains are fitted in the cab area with external quality Silver Screens.

A much loved and cared for Hymer throughout it’s life that is clean and in very good condition with everything working as its meant to. Comes with full service history and documentation. Would be suitable for families and couples. Viewing available anytime and test drive possible.

Regards Dave and Ginny

Attachments

• P1160652.jpg
    P1160652.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 245
  • P1180128.jpg
    P1180128.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 239
  • P1180126.JPG
    P1180126.JPG
    250.6 KB · Views: 236
  • P1180113.jpg
    P1180113.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 227
  • P1180130.JPG
    P1180130.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 227
  • P1180117.jpg
    P1180117.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 228
  • P1180122.jpg
    P1180122.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 227
  • P1180121.JPG
    P1180121.JPG
    229 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
That looks in very good condition, I hope mine will look that good at 15yrs old..... good luck I’m sure that it will go soon..(y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Strange this motorhome selling business (n) you get some folks putting vans on here for what looks like ridiculously over priced , then you get something like this one that looks a giveaway price, hope you get what you want pretty quick as to me looks the bargain of the year.(y):)

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Lovely van. We imported a new LHD 2002 Hymer 544 Classic from Germany and kept it for 10 years. My wife loved the roomy kitchen area with the extra laying out space on top of the cabinet opposite the cooker hob. Also the double kitchen sink. Our new van only has a small kitchen area by comparison (and she's always moaning !!!). The kitchen area on the Hymer is definitely a good selling point.

It seems odd that it has air-suspension (presumably on the rear axle). Perhaps the first owner uprated the chassis to 3700Kg and the second owner reversed the uprate. It would be just a paper excercise to increase the MAM to 3500Kg or 3700Kg for the future owner.

We put our van on the market about this time of year and sold it in February.

Best of luck with the sale - these vans are still very popular and in huge demand, especially when well maintained. You shouldn't have any difficulty selling it for your asking price.

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
really nice van looks on great condition I am sure it will sell quickly and make someone very happy.
wouldn't it be nice is all 2nd hand motorhome are sold in this condition...
2nd one if seen for sale this month I've wowed at the condition. these examples are few and far between.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Looks like a cracker and great value too - good luck with the sale!

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Strange this motorhome selling business (n) you get some folks putting vans on here for what looks like ridiculously over priced , then you get something like this one that looks a giveaway price, hope you get what you want pretty quick as to me looks the bargain of the year.(y):)

Many thanks...yes pondered over what price to pitch and the factors I took into account were our purchase price 5 years ago, the price on the van we bought...then that have two vans on our drive and look like a Hymer dealer at the moment, time of year not the best, a couple of very minor advisories on MOT and Service (well can't be perfect at 15 years old), but most importantly that we really need to move old Harry fast so we can get back to using our new van (hope we are going to get back to Spain in Jan/Feb). Also have it taxed and insured so effectively loose money the longer it sits there. Ginny thinks I've pitched it too low by about £500...:unsure::whistle:...maybe, but if I have then someone will be getting a good bargain....and it's only money :rolleyes::D2:D

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
It seems odd that it has air-suspension (presumably on the rear axle). Perhaps the first owner uprated the chassis to 3700Kg and the second owner reversed the uprate. It would be just a paper excercise to increase the MAM to 3500Kg or 3700Kg for the future owner.

Best of luck with the sale - these vans are still very popular and in huge demand, especially when well maintained. You shouldn't have any difficulty selling it for your asking price.

Thanks, I put the air suspension on about two years ago. The buffers above the springs needed replacing and it was @tonka that suggested the air suspension upgrade which turned out to be a great addition. The van has always been platted at 3400 as far as I'm aware.

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
And...the reason I'm up so early is that I have a viewing today from a couple now driving up from Somerset. Have had instructions from she that must be obeyed to stick with the price advertised or else!!! :coffee::po_O(y)

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I like someone who admits he is not brave and does as he is told like the rest of us. Haha.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
And...the reason I'm up so early is that I have a viewing today from a couple now driving up from Somerset. Have had instructions from she that must be obeyed to stick with the price advertised or else!!! :coffee::po_O(y)
You are spot on in my book , if you want to sell something it's got to be priced right, you could add a couple of thousand on and have it sitting around all over the winter , getting damp and otherwise deprecating, and getting another year older and still get tyre kickers knocking the price down to what you could have sold it for months ago.
Good luck with your buyer(y):)

Patrick and Lesley

Free Member
Nov 2, 2010
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 1995 B544
Exp
1 year
Hope it’s ok to ask this question on this thread.the van looks beautiful and it’s the type of layout I’m looking for. It’s being LHD that’s the issue . Are there any benifits to LHD if your planning on traveling just within the UK or would RHD the only way to go?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hope it’s ok to ask this question on this thread.the van looks beautiful and it’s the type of layout I’m looking for. It’s being LHD that’s the issue . Are there any benifits to LHD if your planning on traveling just within the UK or would RHD the only way to go?
If you’re planning to tour in the UK only I suggest sticking with RHD

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
If you're a competent driver I've never found a problem with driving any vehicle with the steering wheel on the "wrong" side.
In fact I see at least two advantages.
1. You will be sitting on the kerbside if in the "wrong" country so it's much easier to keep well over and hopefully avoid the middle of the road huggers.
2. You have a much, much bigger market place when you come to sell it.
This van looks a cracker.

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Very pleased to be able to say that our 'Harry' has been sold today to a lovely couple from Somerset, and for my asking price (so that's Ginny happy as well ;)).

We're even more pleased as they are such a nice husband and wife who we think will carry on enjoying and looking after our old van... that we've been lucky enough to own and enjoy these past 6 years.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Very pleased to be able to say that our 'Harry' has been sold today to a lovely couple from Somerset, and for my asking price (so that's Ginny happy as well ;)).

We're even more pleased as they are such a nice husband and wife who we think will carry on enjoying and looking after our old van... that we've been lucky enough to own and enjoy these past 6 years.

Had a feeling it would go quickly, are you getting another..?

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007

Congratulations on your sale!

Did you recruit the new owners to the forum or are they inmates already?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Great news.... Hope they enjoy it..

Join us or log in to post a reply.