12v tv. how can I airplay from my iPhone. Netflix ect? (1 Viewer)

Paul Mallorca

Free Member
Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
challenger genesis
I have recently bought a motorhome and it has a 12v tv installed. it has a HDMI input and I would like to airplay netflix from my iPhone. Could somebody please advise the best device to enable this? Its my first motorhome so forgive me if it's a daft question. Thanks.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
by airplay do you mean stream off the internet through your Iphone?

if so then your TV will need a bluetooth receiver to tether to your phone. in the same way you would connect it to a speaker or car bluetooth device.

Unless someone else has already done this with a different method.

and Hi and Welcome//

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
PS; i assumed you have access to Netflix on your phone...

if not we use the amazon firestick with netflix etc on and tethre to a phone or mifi unit.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
if you want to use your iphone then please use a genuine Apple cable to transfer the data or it simply will not work
Before going down the firestick route I tried about 5/6 different “guaranteed to work” cables which none did, then I bought the genuine apple one which worked perfectly

If you want it make me an offer, I think I used it twice and it’s still in the original box

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
if you want to use your iphone then please use a genuine Apple cable to transfer the data or it simply will not work
Before going down the firestick route I tried about 5/6 different “guaranteed to work” cables which none did, then I bought the genuine apple one which worked perfectly

If you want it make me an offer, I think I used it twice and it’s still in the original box
I think he wants to wirelessly stream to the TV👍🏻

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Paul Mallorca

Paul Mallorca

Free Member
Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
challenger genesis
I would like to wirelessly stream to the TV. I bought a received that plugs into the HDMI port but that needs a power supply itself. so its not ideal. Maybe a fire stick is the answer.

Mar 8, 2021
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr E599
Exp
I'm relatively new to owning a camper van and I too wanted to watch Netflix, YouTube, etc, in the van. I had an old Firestick in a drawer at home and used that with a mifi box and data only sim (you can use your phones data with it too). My TV is also 12v.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
If he uses apple airplay its doable to the firestick Al
I didn’t think he had a firestick

if it were me, and this is speaking from a lot of experience, i’d forget using the iphone, use a firestick and use the iphone data

this method works perfectly for me especially with iptv

OP
OP
Paul Mallorca

Paul Mallorca

Free Member
Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
challenger genesis
I didn’t think he had a firestick

if it were me, and this is speaking from a lot of experience, i’d forget using the iphone, use a firestick and use the iphone data

this method works perfectly for me especially with iptv
How do you power the fire stick Al?

Mar 8, 2021
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr E599
Exp
I would like to wirelessly stream to the TV. I bought a received that plugs into the HDMI port but that needs a power supply itself. so its not ideal. Maybe a fire stick is the answer.
A Firestick still requires power. If i'm not on electric hook up, I plug it into my Poweroak (portable battery). My Firestick is ancient though, so unless they've changed, then I'll stand corrected.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Im not 100% but I thibk IOS can cast to Chrome cast too, which isnt as power hungry as the firestick

OP
OP
Paul Mallorca

Paul Mallorca

Free Member
Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
challenger genesis
Many thanks for all the advice. Much appreciated.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back