12v outlets on Fiat Ducato not working (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria Supersonic
How can I diagnose and fix 12v outlets on a Fiat Ducato 2015 dashboard.

The 180w 12v outlet stopped working about 12 months ago and last week the cigarette lighter outlet next to it also stopped working.

I’m driving now for the first time since the cigarette socket stopped working and the driver airbag warning light is on permanently and intermittently so are the passenger airbag and seatbelt warning lights.

First question; am I risking an electrical fire by carrying on driving?

Second question; which fuse controls the dashboard 12v outlets? (My manual doesn’t say)

Any help would be most welcome.
Thanks

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Both fuses are in the fuse box on the left side of engine under the bonnet. Look in your Fiat manual to find which ones.

The airbag light is a symptom of the Airbag ECU failing. It will be a MOT failure if not sorted. Contact Crashdata in Liverpool and they will be able to repair it. You send it to them and they will test and repair if possible and send it back. Other more expensive way is to get it fixed at your nearest Fiat Professional dealer

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Is that left side looking at the engine or left side facing front?
Near side or Off side on a UK van ?

OP
OP
H
Apr 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria Supersonic
Ah. Reading the manual better I’ve found that we have 3 fuse boxes and the one I want is in the engine compartment.

It looks like a sod to access it🙁. But at least I know where to look tomorrow in the daylight

Many thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Ah. Reading the manual better I’ve found that we have 3 fuse boxes and the one I want is in the engine compartment.

It looks like a sod to access it🙁. But at least I know where to look tomorrow in the daylight

Many thanks.
It is a sod to reach and the fuses are at the back and so not visible, so touch and feel only. I know because the ciggy lighter fuse blew on mine and I could not get it out. In the end I have left it as is and just used the other outlet. My motorhome is an A Class, if yours is a C class it may have better access.

OP
OP
H
Apr 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria Supersonic
The saga continues. Trying to access the fuse box this pipe is in the way. Trying to move it I discovered its full of water. 🙁
6A9EC0F3-C3A2-4B2E-8388-D0649B44D8B4.jpeg

We also had issues with the Toad on the journey and it turns out the 10amp fuse from the MH battery to the Toad had also blown. At least I’ve managed to fix that one👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back