I cannot look at our van (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I find it really depressing looking at the Motorhome. Being under house arrest and with nowhere to go, every avenue seems closed. I know there were a couple of minor repairs needed but cannot recall what they were and my motivation is at rock bottom. Does anyone have any 'get up and go' ideas which do not involve leaving the house?:think:

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Mines in storage but bringing it home tomorrow for a little tlc and then back to storage next week.

Reactions: f6c
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Can you see your face in the reflection of that polish?
Enjoy it while you can .You can't do that here
You could go for a drive. Your part of the country has some lovely scenery
Non essential journey. will probably be banned if it goes the same way as here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
We are all in the same boat, we should be away on a Rally in Wales just now, but no, we are stuck at home.
Its too cold to be doing outside stuff with hosepipes and buckets of water, so the van will have to wait until it gets a bit warmer.
I might take it down to Wellington, Somerset soon,128 miles each way, if by chance they have the warranty spare parts we have been waiting for since last October, along with a visual check for the latest Fiat recall (brake pipe clip).
Exciting stuff eh?:cry: Wrroom, Wrroom!
LES

Jenmelmar

Free Member
Sep 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Monaco Riptide
Exp
I am a newbie
We are stuck in Spain at this time on lock down. Hopefully can travel back to Uk in May ..

Attachments

• AA388B37-63B9-4ED9-B6AF-340ED1174A72.jpeg
    AA388B37-63B9-4ED9-B6AF-340ED1174A72.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 95

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I know the feeling, can't bear to look at our lovely MH, our bungalow (home) or our ex-rental bungalow either! We want to be away in the first, and would love to sell the second and third so we can move on with our lives but can't. After working very hard last year to get the 2 bungalows ready and up for sale to then find we can't sell either due to the state of the market has put us well and truly in the doldrums. We are now reluctantly trying to let out the ex-rental bungalow again which will then mean in the future we'll have to redecorate it all over again! :cry:

We're going to the ex-rental on Tuesday to put up some curtain rails to replace the ones we took down when we refurbished it for sale as we don't want tenants drilling the walls to put some up and risk them damaging stuff (radiator pipes etc).

At home we've started 'de-cluttering' by going through cupboards etc to see what we can get shot of, give to charity etc (took a car load last week), so that in the future when we eventually manage to sell (pleeeeeassseee!) it'll be one less job to do. After that we'll do a bit of decorating and finish sorting out the garden when the weather gets warmer.

I know there are others in a lot worse position than us but this isn't what we ever anticipated could happen.

Dec 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
We are all in the same boat, we should be away on a Rally in Wales just now, but no, we are stuck at home.
Its too cold to be doing outside stuff with hosepipes and buckets of water, so the van will have to wait until it gets a bit warmer.
I might take it down to Wellington, Somerset soon,128 miles each way, if by chance they have the warranty spare parts we have been waiting for since last October, along with a visual check for the latest Fiat recall (brake pipe clip).
Exciting stuff eh?:cry: Wrroom, Wrroom!
LES
Took the van to Wellington this week to have the brake pipe recall done, wasn't there 5mins told everything was ok the van never moved from where I parked it.

Aug 23, 2019
Shropshire, Market Drayton, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
since 2017
As we keep our MH at home we have put it on SORN. Can always put it back on the road when we can but think 2020 will be a write off.. Often take out tea and sit in it with the dogs pretending we're in Scotland where we were going to go. So many jobs we are doing in the house and garden. Luckily though we are socially isolating because of Derek's diabetes, we have access to a beautiful 60acre garden of woodland and lakes to walk. The owners are unable to open the gardens which are much admired and visited because of the virus and we have the place to ourselves. We will enjoy it for however long we can before the inevitable complete shutdown everywhere. Everybody take care and keep safe.

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
I find it really depressing looking at the Motorhome. Being under house arrest and with nowhere to go, every avenue seems closed. I know there were a couple of minor repairs needed but cannot recall what they were and my motivation is at rock bottom. Does anyone have any 'get up and go' ideas which do not involve leaving the house?:think:
Get a certified virus free toy boy

Paulajc77

Free Member
Feb 25, 2020
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2018
I've been watching villages by the sea on BBC and compiling a list of places to see once this strangeness is over.
Look after yourselves x

Mar 11, 2019
Skipton
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ A520
Exp
Since 2013
Self isolation doesn’t mean self imprisonment at home.
use your motorhome as your safe space. Go off in it. Park it, (but not too close to anyone else) and enjoy it and the open spaces that are there.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Self isolation doesn’t mean self imprisonment at home.
use your motorhome as your safe space. Go off in it. Park it, (but not too close to anyone else) and enjoy it and the open spaces that are there.
Self isolation is not about your safe place, it is about other's self place. You can never properly self isolate if you share facilities.

Don't be selfish. Follow what the government says to avoid non essential travel and stay at home. Both the Welsh and Scottish governments have made it clear they do not welcome tourists at the moment and I don't blame them.

Mar 11, 2019
Skipton
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ A520
Exp
Since 2013
please think of what you’ve just said. You don’t need to share facilities, your motorhome has all you need.
non essential travel refers to the use of public transport not private vehicles. (government advice)
Scotland and Wales are two small parts of the UK and it is interesting to note how many Scottish Funsters there are on these Coronavirus threads, and do you mean to tell me that the Scots don’t go motorhoming in Scotland still?
By being somewhere other than your front room does not make you a bad person or a virus risk to others, a bad person is one hat insists on group gatherings in the park, taking the whole family to the supermarket and being totally stupid about special separation.
Me, I’ll just have to enjoy my self isolation in the sun, visiting the shops weekly for supplies ( those that are open). You see, I’m stuck in lockdown Croatia.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
please think of what you’ve just said. You don’t need to share facilities, your motorhome has all you need.
non essential travel refers to the use of public transport not private vehicles. (government advice)
Scotland and Wales are two small parts of the UK and it is interesting to note how many Scottish Funsters there are on these Coronavirus threads, and do you mean to tell me that the Scots don’t go motorhoming in Scotland still?
By being somewhere other than your front room does not make you a bad person or a virus risk to others, a bad person is one hat insists on group gatherings in the park, taking the whole family to the supermarket and being totally stupid about special separation.
Me, I’ll just have to enjoy my self isolation in the sun, visiting the shops weekly for supplies ( those that are open). You see, I’m stuck in lockdown Croatia.
Not correct I am afraid. You still have to share the water tap, EHU, waste dumps, fuelling facilities gas bottles filling or changing etc.

You are correct about the shopping, but that applies even more if you are in a motorhome. More frequent trips to the shops and less local knowledge will make it more dangerous.

As for the Scots and Welsh you will have to ask them. From those that I know on this forum most support not touring. But, one thing is for sure, both their government have made it clear that they do want any tourists at the moment.

If the lock down in Croatia is the same as in Italy you are probably safer there than here.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Not just Wales and Scotland. Up here in forgotten East Anglia we've seen a massive influx of 2nd home owner Londoners. Southwold for example is usually dead quiet until Easter but TV pictures showed all the non-locals in almost carnival atmosphere and of course adding to the shelf stripping and to the potential hit on the local already stretched NHS. Some of those at least will be carrying CV but they are not self isolating. I know north Norfolk and Devon & Cornwall have the same issue.

It's almost as if they know that they have spread it all around London by selfishly not following government advice, but now think if they are suffering with a high infection rate, let's take it elsewhere. Unfair to people at an individual level I know, but collectively ...

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
I believe that we must all make hard decisions at this time.

Those decisions will save some, upset others and drive others to explode!

So do I believe that I would test positive? No.

I know the area where I live well, with all the closures are there likely to be many people around at x:00 am? No.

So if I go for a walk, avoiding anyone I should me, am I likely to spread the virus? No.

Am I likely to contract the virus on this walk? No.

If I take my van out for a picnic, stay inside my van with doors and windows closed, bring all my litter home, admit no one to the van, am I likely to spread or contract the virus? No.

Evaluation complete.

So in the case of my mental health V virus, I deduce that a short early morning walk or a picnic in the van, the decision is clear

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I believe that we must all make hard decisions at this time.

Those decisions will save some, upset others and drive others to explode!

So do I believe that I would test positive? No.

I know the area where I live well, with all the closures are there likely to be many people around at x:00 am? No.

So if I go for a walk, avoiding anyone I should me, am I likely to spread the virus? No.

Am I likely to contract the virus on this walk? No.

If I take my van out for a picnic, stay inside my van with doors and windows closed, bring all my litter home, admit no one to the van, am I likely to spread or contract the virus? No.

Evaluation complete.

So in the case of my mental health V virus, I deduce that a short early morning walk or a picnic in the van, the decision is clear
You have missed something.
Is the walk going to keep me physically fit - yes
Is the van trip and picnic going to keep me physically fit - no.

Dec 2, 2019
West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Clubman
Exp
Since Nov 2018
Well, this thread seems to have merged with another one about whether or not we should be out in our motorhome s (interesting stuff there). To get back to your original post Rosalan, there is always someone worse off than you, not that it helps much. Hopefully you have your health still and are isolating for safety where a little depression is inevitable. There is nothing you can do about it but you can at least lose the negativity. Try being coeliac and undergoing chemo therapy like me, now that should be depressing! The shelf stripping idiots have taken all the gluten free stuff even though they don’t have a problem with gluten. I still have to go to hospital for chemo therapy, and that’s where the virus is most likely to be, but am I depressed? No... what’s the point in being like that?

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Rewatch the entire series of "Breaking Bad" ,,, ???☺️

swiftsteve

LIFE MEMBER
May 16, 2018
kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral S 680 ST
Exp
Since 2008, with a gap between 2013 and 2018.
Ours is sitting on our drive, plugged in to the electric. I haven't done yet, but I will spend a couple of nights in there sooner or later.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back