Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
I lost functionality with the old half moon SSC 18 months ago. Eddie's crib sheet worked brilliantly (thank you Eddie). But last Christmas I couldn't lock on again. Tried the sheet but no good didn't work, tried it numerous times, still didn't work. Bought a new SSC old dish now working fine.

OP
OP
Sunlovers
Oct 21, 2019
Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Begun travelling the road in our first van in 2013
I lost functionality with the old half moon SSC 18 months ago. Eddie's crib sheet worked brilliantly (thank you Eddie). But last Christmas I couldn't lock on again. Tried the sheet but no good didn't work, tried it numerous times, still didn't work. Bought a new SSC old dish now working fine.
And that my friend is exactly what we experienced. The crib sheet used to allow us to get things sorted when there were frequency changes, but as time went on the SSC just became more reluctant to accept the inevitable. The new HD SSC works first time every time (when in the signal download coverage area)

OP
OP
Sunlovers
Oct 21, 2019
Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Begun travelling the road in our first van in 2013
Months of not using the moho through lockdown and then being able to get a chance breakaway this weekend brought back all the frustration of not being able to use the satellite/TV system again. Somehow it was all to cock, despite having been working lovely the last time we switched it on.

At this stage I have managed to lock onto Astra2 28.2e but can only get the first four channels to work, BBC1 HD, BBC2HD, ITV1 and Ch4. The EPG only shows now and next whereas before it would have the 7 day guide fully listed. Does anyone have a clue which settings the TV should be set to in respect of the H & V numbers please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back