Bursner or hymer (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Another vote for Becks from me. I like the way they heavily discount stock they have had in for a few months, makes it possible to buy a real, genuine bargain (like we did). Smashing people to deal with, you can stay overnight on their little "aire" and they lend you a car if you are having work done. What’s not to like?
Agree with all of that. We got a very good deal on a new Hymer that had been in stock for a while. Mind you that was in November 2015 just as the 2016 models were arriving on their forecourt

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you don't mind travelling a bit far afield and importing, consider Durwang in Dusseldorf. Sebastian will take you through the process and make it easy. Huge stock of used and new at German prices (= a LOT lower than UK)
Or Dortmund ;)

Martin

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Long way to come but if you're up this way Emm Bee in Bury have a good stock of Burstners. Just ordered one myself!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
since 1980
Always had old Hymers, no damp , no big problems , no hype.
Don't know anything about any other brand as never had one.
Current van 2001model, had it for 5 years , no problems apart from a broken speed sensor for the gear box but that was chassis related and not Hymer , and no depreciation.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
We bought a new Hymer lovely van but plenty of faults that should not have occurred on a van costing so much, all Hymer related, the Fiat part has been fine.

Which ever ne you buy pick a dealer that will look after your warranty with minimal fuss as it can be a pain !

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We are picking up our new Burstner A Class tomorrow. Really rather excited....

We are switching from a top of the range British van. Looking forward to less rattles.. :D

bfb

Free Member
Jun 25, 2012
Aldershot
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
If you look t what Hymer owns I think you would be surprised like I was .Most of the major european motorhoms is part of the Hymer Goup and recently Hymer was bought out by an American firm. Even Laika is Hymer owned. Apparently the reason for the acquisitions was to keep standards high. You just don't know who your buying from!:whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EMS

Jan 8, 2010
Hants Sussex border near
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low
Exp
Started 2009!
I think that it is important to buy locally as the local dealers mean it is easier to resolve any problems that may appear after purchase. We have purchased two vans from Premier and they have been good to resolve problems. The last van we purchased second hand last year did not have a TV antenna, but had a TV installed, so they fitted the antenna no problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back