Running Tv On 12v Or Inverter (1 Viewer)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
But is it good value to spend the £27 on
It's advisable to have as much leisure battery capacity as you need - that's blindingly obvious but more battery comes at a cost/weight/space penalty.
The more battery, the more charging capacity you need, either solar, b2b or more time on EHU . Space/weight/cost again.

So you need to anticipate your needs against what you can 'afford' to carry.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Nice! Would you mind taking a picture of how it looks mounted in your van?

I just want to see how bulky it is, if it's in the way or not.

As promised. This is a 27" Samsung 1080p. I also run the 240v sound bar and Cyclone 2 from the inverter. I think it tuck away nicely behind the seat back so as to not get caught when passing it.

DSC02557.JPG
DSC02559.JPG

Fulltiming Felines

Free Member
Aug 27, 2018
Funster No
As promised. This is a 27" Samsung 1080p. I also run the 240v sound bar and Cyclone 2 from the inverter. I think it tuck away nicely behind the seat back so as to not get caught when passing it.
That looks very elegant, and not too big at all. The hideaway cabinet is original?

I'm afraid the Hymer B534 has nothing built-in like that so it'll be more in the way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie

View attachment 262313 View attachment 262315

I guess you have a large mirror to prop against the windscreen so wifey can watch the TV whilst at the kitchen sink :) :imoutahere:

Fulltiming Felines

Free Member
Aug 27, 2018
Funster No
Im intrigued do you happen to have a link?
This Link Removed might work. The voltage range probably covers the TV. Not sure if it has the right plug shape, though if you're handy you could probably take the plug from your transformer and wire it to this laptop adapter.

Sep 1, 2017
Funster No
When I purchased my first M/H I bought a 12V all singing and dancing 21 inch Avtex. The picture quality, especially the colour balance is pants... sound quality is also terrible.

The sound issues I have got round by using a sound bar, but the picture issues (red is over emphasised) remain.

if I was to replace it I would by a 240V model without hesitation.

Fulltiming Felines

Free Member
Aug 27, 2018
Funster No
Do I need pure sine for a 240V TV, or will modified sine work?

If I buy a quasi sine inverter and my 240V TV doesn't work with it, perhaps I could get a 12V adapter like this Link Removed.

My Dell monitors don't have an external transformer; the only power outlet on them is for 240V. But could I pop open the back of the monitor and wire the internal transformer to work with a 12V adapter? How easy would that be?

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back