Decided that a MH was a better option than sleeping in a van etc. (2 Viewers)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Never been drag racing but always wanted to go. Love all kinds of motor/motorcycle sport.
Welcome to FUN and enjoy your upgrade to a motorhome.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I’m surprised you have opted for a front engined rail, Big Daddy from the USA pioneered rear engined rails after an engine explosion blew part of his foot off!.
Welcome by the way.
I would rather loose a bit of a foot than a lump of my bum !!!!!!

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Hobbies many and varied, like anything with an engine and wheels or hull or wings.. Worked for or with some famous names in my past..

Into motorsport (any) for most of my adult life.. and as a child....
my current car is in the picture below
View attachment 189008
has that got the new see thru leveling jacks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I guess you'll know my mate Roger? (Firestorm)

DSCF2209.JPG

OP
OP
sam496
Sep 27, 2017
Herts
Funster No
MH
Adria coral 660SL
Exp
2 weeks
I just thought I would update this post from last year...

We put up with the Pegaso until recently, having made it into a motorhome where everything finally worked reasonably well, and learn't a lot along the way..

having sold the Pegaso on at a substantial loss, you would have thought i would learn.. anyway we bought a chausson from a dealer, our requirements were .. large garage, fixed bed and ability to two 2.5 tonnes, two tonnes minimum. happily believing the salesman who looked under the bonnet and announced 2.5 tonnes it was. Needless to say the first time i went to use it the plate on the towbar said 1330KG.. salesman had read the fiat chassis plate which was 2.5 tonnes. Afre some short discussions the dealer refunded me in full minus 1 months road tax and took it back.... pity in a way because it was the 160 hp version and drove really well.

in the mean time while looking round we found a Adria coral 660SL with tow bar (rated at 2000Kg, along with vehicle capability of the same), this time a private sale from someone who had used it once in the previous 10 months of ownership for 4 days at the british GP. it came complete with full air con both cab and habitation area, central locking, twin reverse camera's, toad alarm, with a full service history and every bill that the previous owners had ever had. we got every extra that anyone could want and more, satellite dish and all the set up meters etc, tv, water containers for fresh and grey (in addition to the on board tanks) grond sheet for under the awning, fold up chairs, folding table, hose pipe, etc etc... hopefully this will last a few years and a trip from here to Snowdonia, up to the lakes and north to Inverness and back via Edinburgh, York, Lincoln over a couple of weeks is already planned, this is in addition to it's second purpose of somewhere to sleep in at the track.

to sum up we owned 3 different motorhomes in 2 weeks, sold the first one after putting a deposit on the second which we kept for 10 days and bought a 3rd on the 11th day...

3rd time lucky? I hope so.. and maybe I wont ask any technical questions about how things are supposed to work any more..

As for the car I was building when the original post was put up, its now finished and has been out for its first public airing, we had a few fuel and ignition problems but were pleased that it started, ran and moved under its own power..

So if you see us on our travels, you wont miss us the MH and trailer is over 16 metres long :)

LTD_JS_side.JPG

Sam

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Hobbies many and varied, like anything with an engine and wheels or hull or wings.. Worked for or with some famous names in my past..

Into motorsport (any) for most of my adult life.. and as a child....
my current car is in the picture below
View attachment 189008

As a pensioner it looks like you might need a bit of assistance to lift a bag or two of cement over that front axle

OP
OP
sam496
Sep 27, 2017
Herts
Funster No
MH
Adria coral 660SL
Exp
2 weeks
As a pensioner it looks like you might need a bit of assistance to lift a bag or two of cement over that front axle

no heavy options allowed on my cars, build them as light as possible and if weight is needed then build heavy in that area..... plus a very good wheelie bar that keeps the rear end planted while not allowing much lift at the light end... bit like motor homing its a balancing act...

Just enjoyed a couple of nights in the cheddar area with the grandkids, new motorhome performed as well as expected apart from the OS mirror folding at anything over 60mph... took it apart today and it was full of white powder (corrosion) cleaned it all up and lubricated it all it worked once so I have now fitted a screw that allows forward movement but no backwards.. will try it on my next run out which will also be the maiden voyage whilst towing our 8.5 metre trailer... just bought some long vehicle boards today.. not much weight but as long as most Artics on the road ..

having jsut read a post about running a Dometec (*spelling?) whilst driving and someone posted that they have a curtain so that the vehicle air con is more effective in the cab area, thanks I'll try that.. and leave the Dometec unit for use on mains or my generater. We used it for a couple of hours in the evenings to chill down so it was comfortable to drop off..

we are looking forward to our upcoming trip way up into scotland and back followed by a couple of localish weekends away before we drive over to northern holland for a long weekend..

I rteally need to get some funster stickers.....

OP
OP
sam496
Sep 27, 2017
Herts
Funster No
MH
Adria coral 660SL
Exp
2 weeks

Not personally but we all Know of each other in such a minority sport

OP
OP
sam496
Sep 27, 2017
Herts
Funster No
MH
Adria coral 660SL
Exp
2 weeks
I’m surprised you have opted for a front engined rail, Big Daddy from the USA pioneered rear engined rails after an engine explosion blew part of his foot off!.
Welcome by the way.

Nostalgia is all the thing at the moment, the reasons for the Garlits incident has long been outlawed.. also the new generation of front engined fuel cars run mid 5's at 260 ish over a full quarter.. (not that my car will be anywhere near that fast)

OP
OP
sam496
Sep 27, 2017
Herts
Funster No
MH
Adria coral 660SL
Exp
2 weeks
You need to get a tyrepal.....:D2

Years ago I once went down Santa pod in my jps Capri .... think it was around 13 seconds....:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That would be very quick for a Capri JPS or not, 16 seconds plus beabout the time for an unmodified 3.0 ltr..

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
My RV had a Triton v10 6.8 ltr petrol enging
0-60 in 4.2---
-
--
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
----------------------------------------------------------------------------Gallons:doh:

OP
OP
sam496
Sep 27, 2017
Herts
Funster No
MH
Adria coral 660SL
Exp
2 weeks
My RV had a Triton v10 6.8 ltr petrol enging
0-60 in 4.2---
-
--
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
----------------------------------------------------------------------------Gallons:doh:

I have a freind who has a Dodge Viper V10 in a flat bed VW.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back