Free Member
Aug 18, 2013
northants
Funster No
MH
ewift escape 686
Exp
since 2009
in heat wave in france with no fridge plenty of heat from outside vent but no cooling inside on mains or gas Have got a cooler box to get us through until our return next week when will look for another unless someone knows of an answer
cheers

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Do a search in the search box, top right on this page for fridge fan and have a read through the post which should give you some hope.
It's very likely that small extractor fans behind the top fridge vent may well be your answer as a lot of us had the same problem as you.

OP
OP
escapee

escapee

Free Member
Aug 18, 2013
northants
Funster No
MH
ewift escape 686
Exp
since 2009
thanks ccc but i fitted extractor fans wired to a seperate solar panel last year for our spanish trip which worked well but at the moment the fridge is simply not working at all
Having gone onto several forums and remembering what an old mate of mine who was a refrigeration engineer once told me take the fridge out and sit it upside down for 24hrs as the atoms can collect and block-thought it a joke at the time but several others have said the same so worth a try before shelling out hard earned

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Ours is a Thetford N90 and we have found as others have with Thetford's that are very susceptible to not being level.
Our drive is on the slope and when we first got our van I thought ours was buggered as the burner was lit and it was giving of heat out of the top vent but no cooling.
Had a search through the net and MHF and found in a lot of cases over 3 degrees off level was enough to stop them cooling. I used the levelling ramps to get level the van level and bingo it cooled.

OP
OP
escapee

escapee

Free Member
Aug 18, 2013
northants
Funster No
MH
ewift escape 686
Exp
since 2009
thanks will get the spirit level out next time and keep our fingers crossed

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Our Thetford needs careful levelling too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Check the gas jet is clean, ours packed up last year, was still burning but not doing anything, hubby got loads of soot out of jet and area, had to do it twice within a week but fridge has been good since!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back