Free Member
Feb 25, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
two years
Hi all, just fishing for a bit of advice. Some damp is getting in sleeping area over the cab so I got a quote based on removing the the front mouldings (both sides) plus two mouldings that run across the front then cleaned, resealed refitted etc - plus a couple of other minor bits.

I've been told 18 hours for the work which seems reasonable but I was a bit shocked at £45 an hour - is that really the going labour rate for this kind of coach work?

I'll be getting some other quotes, anyone got any suggestions near NE London, (North Essex, Herts, etc).

Cheers.

MT

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
On anything mh related Labour rates are very high. Maybe its because there aren't a lot of mechanics who can deal with a mh. There's not just the engine to deal with as you have just proved.
A current topic for debate is the North South divide. Your in the wrong part of the country for bargain basement prices.

Move Up North

Jim
:Smile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
£45 labour rate is reasonable, if you want another quote by all means drop in and let Glenn have look

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

Toyclean

Free Member
Feb 25, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
two years
Okay, thanks for the feedback. Yes, defo the wrong part of the Country!!

MT

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I expect to pay around £30-£40 per hour +VAT for a mechanic.
£45 is £37.50 Exc the VAT so is not a bad price.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi all, just fishing for a bit of advice. Some damp is getting in sleeping area over the cab so I got a quote based on removing the the front mouldings (both sides) plus two mouldings that run across the front then cleaned, resealed refitted etc - plus a couple of other minor bits.

I've been told 18 hours for the work which seems reasonable but I was a bit shocked at £45 an hour - is that really the going labour rate for this kind of coach work?

I'll be getting some other quotes, anyone got any suggestions near NE London, (North Essex, Herts, etc).

Cheers.

MT

The rate is reasonable.. I'd be questioning the hours.. on the face of it, seems a long time for what you have described needs doing ..

definitely get another quote ..

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
I expect to pay around £30-£40 per hour +VAT for a mechanic.
£45 is £37.50 Exc the VAT so is not a bad price.

i will be your mechanic for that money Gromet:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
T

Toyclean

Free Member
Feb 25, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
two years
If the magician could make my van LEZ compliant then I'd consider it! Such a pain being a mile inside, I never ever drive further in, always straight out on the m11/m25. Never mind.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back