Greetings From Sunny(-ish) Suffolk (3 Viewers)

Sep 23, 2021
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Hello everyone. I’m totally new to this (apart from a month my wife and I spent motorhoming around Tasmania a few years ago) – so I thought I’d introduce myself. My name is Roger (aka Boris) and, along with my one-eyed super-moggy Nelson, I’m planning to head down to Spain for the winter, departing on 5 December. It’s just the two of us now since my lovely Lynda passed away almost two years ago – but I’m looking forward to doing something she and I always promised ourselves we would do. I’ve got my MH (a Hymer by the name of Herman the German), Eurotunnel is booked, and so is Nelson’s AHC. I’m almost ready to roll…

I don’t doubt I’ll be asking loads of daft questions in the coming weeks and months but please be patient. I do tend to ‘get’ things eventually!

First off, I’d be really grateful for your suggestions about good sites (with facilities) in Spain where I can park up for a few weeks at a time and meet fellow MHFers etc. I’m planning to hit the east coast a bit south of Valencia, probably around Denia/Javea, and then gradually make my way down the coast, via Torrevieja, Cartagena and Almeria and around to Nerja, Malaga and Calahonda. Any help gratefully received!

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Hi,,

Welcome to the forum. I’m sorry to hear the sad part of your introduction, that must be hard.

There are a couple of campsites in Jávea, that are okay.

L’Albir has a nice site if you can get in.

Some nice sites I and around Benidorm. The ones in Benidorm are not really my kind of thing. But we did like the one at Alfaz del pi.

Weather. Well we have spent winter weeks as far south as costa del sol, Costa tropical. However, I’ve always found the weather better, if not as warm around costa Blanca.

We are in javea often during the winter. If ever your stuck for a couple of nights, send me a pm .

OP
OP
BorisNelson
Sep 23, 2021
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Hi there - and thank you for your kindness. The past two years have certainly not been the easiest of my life.

Thanks too for the suggestions. It’s a long time since I was last in Javea but it’s a place I have very good memories of - and I know what you mean about the weather in comparison with the Deep South. I tracked/compared Javea and Malaga weather over last winter and Javea looked a good bet to me.

I’m guessing I’ll get to Javea around 7 or 8 December and will probably aim to stay for two or three weeks. If you’re around then, it would be good to meet up.

Thanks again and have a good day.

OP
OP
BorisNelson
Sep 23, 2021
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Thank you Phil. I grew up for part of the time in West Suffolk - Needham Market and Newmarket. Over towards the coast now, just inland from Southwold, Dunwich, etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Thank you Phil. I grew up for part of the time in West Suffolk - Needham Market and Newmarket. Over towards the coast now, just inland from Southwold, Dunwich, etc.
Greetings also from Suffolk. Not far from Needham Market.

There are quite a few East Anglian Funsters.

If you are around, don't miss the Thetford Bash next June run by Jaws.

OP
OP
BorisNelson
Sep 23, 2021
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Aha! Another Suffolker! Thank you for the welcome!

Whereabouts in Mid-Suffolk? After my childhood in Needham Market and Newmarket, Mrs B and I lived just outside Fressingfield for about 14 years before moving over to where I am now, near Southwold.

Aug 31, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Aha! Another Suffolker! Thank you for the welcome!

Whereabouts in Mid-Suffolk? After my childhood in Needham Market and Newmarket, Mrs B and I lived just outside Fressingfield for about 14 years before moving over to where I am now, near Southwold.
Welcome
Must almost be neighbours we live close to Halesworth

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
:welcome4:from Merseyside

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley

Join us or log in to post a reply.