Aug 9, 2021
Troon, UK
Funster No
MH
ROLLER TEAM 690
Exp
SINCE 2009
Hi
Need some advice? I have a 2015 Roller TEAM 690, bought new and just turned 12,000mls. Anything the van has ever needed has been done, all habitation and chassis services done from new. Few weeks ago the 2021 habitation service was done (like every year) by my supplying dealer, however they picked up damp in the back, no problem I thought we have a 10 yr body warranty ( that’s why I bought it), Roller Team ( Autotrial UK) have demanded copies of all the habitation docs from day ONE. We were flooded out in 2019 and unfortunately a lot of our paperwork became paper pulp, never thinking I would need to prove the existence. The dealer went bust in 2020 and there was a management buyout, however they changed systems and lost all past service history. Has anyone else had the same issues, or has anyone any advice?

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Can you get a copy of the hab check from the company ( or was that the dealer )? Sometimes they use a separate company for the habitation check .

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
That's bad luck

As it was a management buy out surely the current managers were present when the habitation service were done so perhaps they could write a signed affidavit.
However, knowing Autotrail from when I head a new CI carioca that was 2 years old and the dealer had closed, we suffered with delamination of pats of the interior ceiling, I would not hold my breath.
That warranty manager then was a Mr Treacher who was not only extremely obstructive but completely non plussed about our plight.
I hope you can get the help you need.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
StephenM555

StephenM555

Free Member
Aug 9, 2021
Troon, UK
Funster No
MH
ROLLER TEAM 690
Exp
SINCE 2009
Can you get a copy of the hab check from the company ( or was that the dealer )? Sometimes they use a separate company for the habitation check .
Thanks for this, no they did the habitation check and have no records behind 2020

OP
OP
StephenM555

StephenM555

Free Member
Aug 9, 2021
Troon, UK
Funster No
MH
ROLLER TEAM 690
Exp
SINCE 2009
That's bad luck

As it was a management buy out surely the current managers were present when the habitation service were done so perhaps they could write a signed affidavit.
However, knowing Autotrail from when I head a new CI carioca that was 2 years old and the dealer had closed, we suffered with delamination of pats of the interior ceiling, I would not hold my breath.
That warranty manager then was a Mr Treachery who was not only extremely obstructive but completely non plussed about our plight.
I hope you can get the help you need.
Thanks, I’m getting a little anxious as the dealer and now new owner I known for over 22 yrs.. but Autotrail don’t seem to be taking anything into consideration

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I would guess that the manager who now owns the dealership don't want any additional liability.
And Autotrail will be pleased with the out they have.
I fear that if you are yourself unable to come up with the evidence then you may be stuck.

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Hi
Need some advice? I have a 2015 Roller TEAM 690, bought new and just turned 12,000mls. Anything the van has ever needed has been done, all habitation and chassis services done from new. Few weeks ago the 2021 habitation service was done (like every year) by my supplying dealer, however they picked up damp in the back, no problem I thought we have a 10 yr body warranty ( that’s why I bought it), Roller Team ( Autotrial UK) have demanded copies of all the habitation docs from day ONE. We were flooded out in 2019 and unfortunately a lot of our paperwork became paper pulp, never thinking I would need to prove the existence. The dealer went bust in 2020 and there was a management buyout, however they changed systems and lost all past service history. Has anyone else had the same issues, or has anyone any advice?
Give us a call on 01803 522098 and ask for Natalie, she looks after all of our warranty. Tell her Simon (Sales Director said to ring) and she may be able to help!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Surprised Rollerteam/Autotrail haven't got it logged on their database.
What about your bank statements or Credit Card records than show an annual payment to the dealer. If they won't accept that you are going to need to get the work done. So you could get it done and then sue them through the small claims court.

But I'm not sure how you stand legally as the first year warranty is the responsibility of dealer not sure if the extented water ingress warranty just relied on the goodwill of the manufacturer.

Any ideas Chris

May 17, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance SE
Exp
I am a Newbie
Give us a call on 01803 522098 and ask for Natalie, she looks after all of our warranty. Tell her Simon (Sales Director said to ring) and she may be able to help!

Note the words, “ Sales Director “.

Congratulations Simon on the appointment. Well deserved.
Obviously becoming an honorary “ Yorkshireman “ was an influential consideration taken by the powers that be ! 😉😂😂😂😂😂

Sorry to ‘steal’ this thread, but thought Simons appointment deserved recognition.

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Note the words, “ Sales Director “.

Congratulations Simon on the appointment. Well deserved.
Obviously becoming an honorary “ Yorkshireman “ was an influential consideration taken by the powers that be ! 😉😂😂😂😂😂

Sorry to ‘steal’ this thread, but thought Simons appointment deserved recognition.
Thanks Tom! We are still not perfect but getting there!
Also not had a call from the OP which I thought they would have bit my hand off!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Thanks Tom! We are still not perfect but getting there!
Also not had a call from the OP which I thought they would have bit my hand off!
Problem is many new people post & expect it to be like other forums where you wait days for answers. Unlike here where they can have 20 replies in minutes.

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Problem is many new people post & expect it to be like other forums where you wait days for answers. Unlike here where they can have 20 replies in minutes.
Going to blow my own trumpet here and say a director of a dealership that has roller team has said yes we can help even though we didn’t sell the van etc etc after working for 26 days straight etc etc!!! Then silence lol!

GHN

Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Going back to the original posting - what has Autotrail got to do with this problem? Other than being part of the Trigano group they are completely separate companies. Autotrail manufacture in the UK , Rollerteam in Italy.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Going back to the original posting - what has Autotrail got to do with this problem? Other than being part of the Trigano group they are completely separate companies. Autotrail manufacture in the UK , Rollerteam in Italy.
Autotrail are the UK franchise managers for all of the UK.
They manage roller team UK.

GHN

Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thanks for that prompt response. Are they franchise managers for all the Trigano brands in the UK?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
As Lenny HB says the dealer performing the habitation check should have advised AT and these should have been recorded on their database. Having said that, AT did "try it on" with us saying a damp check had been missed however, being a smarty pants (for once!:Smile:), I had also emailed them a scanned copy (as I've done every year) to which they had responded it was already on their system as received from the dealer!
OP, might be worth a try with AT asking what their database does show assuming they do record RT hab checks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back