Sites in Spain at the moment (2 Viewers)

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
hi everyone

anyone in Spain at the moment, if so are you able to say how full are the sites you have either been on, or travelled past, (if thats possible to answer)

We're hopefully heading over early Sept this year and am considering not booking anything this time and just winging it as they say

last winter due to you know what, more or less every site we visited was certainly no more than a quarter full, I can see this year being different but hopefully not as packed as previous years

thanks for any input and happy travelling

Al (y)

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
I don't think that how full the sites are in July and August will have much bearing on the situation in September.

Well i'm thinking if they aren't full now they shouldn't be in Sept (hopefully) ;) (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I think this september onwards will be far busier than last year as the French that were forced to stay away last year ,or came by car & rented, will return en masse .Along with the Dutch & Belgians.
it isn't really busy here at the moment ,which it usually is as we are in a spanish area but possibly next month it will increase.
Neighbout went to Águilas sunday night to eat out & said it was extremely quite. Sites I pass down there haven't been full.

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
I think this september onwards will be far busier than last year as the French that were forced to stay away last year ,or came by car & rented, will return en masse .Along with the Dutch & Belgians.
it isn't really busy here at the moment ,which it usually is as we are in a spanish area but possibly next month it will increase.
Neighbout went to Águilas sunday night to eat out & said it was extremely quite. Sites I pass down there haven't been full.
thanks Gus

I know its early and things will definitely change as time goes on, but i'm hopeful we can come and go as we please like we were able to last year, tbh last year spoilt us massively not having to stick to a timetable

Al (y)

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Sorry I cannot help you re not being there at the moment but pre pandemic we spent every September & October in our van down in Spain in various places all over the country & have done so since since 2012.

We have never booked in advance BUT in more recent years we have noticed a changing trend. After various terrorist incidents in France we noticed, and learned from those we met, that many French were no longer going to Morocco and instead were staying in Spain. Also one French couple we met told us many of the French pensioners were not happy at Macron’s policies towards their generation & were now camping more outside of France.

We met many more French on the campsites than we ever had, all the way down from the Costa Brava to the Costa Calida in Murcia, although the overall numbers decreased the further south we went. We also started meeting more and more Scandinavians as the years progressed coming south for warmer weather.

We found campsites, particularly in September, getting fuller mainly along the Costa Brava and along the coast down to Tarragona and especially on a weekend. We even found many full when we arrived or telephoned ahead the night before or that morning.

One year we were the last van on a site at Pineda de Mar and then had to drive to a lovely campsite at L'Ametlla de Mar before we could get a pitch at one we wanted to visit, 4 in between were either full or couldn’t accommodate our larger van size.

Further south was busier but always managed to get where we wanted. We still never booked in advance really but we started to never arrive on a Friday and started phoning ahead a couple of days when we knew we would be moving on. Never had the same observations inland or North Atlantic side of Spain or on the West coast of Galicia, just the top end of the Mediterranean coast really. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Can't help with sites at the moment, we left in Javea in June and our apartment is full until mid October with mainly Spanish guests, the sites were busy as we travelled up the coast, 😉 we was pleased to get into France and being cooler and able to walk the dogs. 😁

Been in the UK since 11th July enjoying the summer climate. 😁

But September is a different ball game, the ACSI discount card is active, and normally the Dutch French and German are there getting the best pitches. 🙂 But anything can happen between now and then. 🤔😁 Bob.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
It's raining 🌧then? :laughing:
20210727_202804.jpg

Saw a great number plate yesterday in Bury st Edmund's.
20210726_121321.jpg

:doh: :rofl:

RobPullen

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 707
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020 - previously in campers
hi everyone

anyone in Spain at the moment, if so are you able to say how full are the sites you have either been on, or travelled past, (if thats possible to answer)

We're hopefully heading over early Sept this year and am considering not booking anything this time and just winging it as they say

last winter due to you know what, more or less every site we visited was certainly no more than a quarter full, I can see this year being different but hopefully not as packed as previous years

Al (y)
Heading there tomorrow. Not booked anywhere as yet as there seemed to be plenty of availability. Will make a decision as to where we go when we arrive and will update on how busy sites are.

Djenks

Free Member
Feb 20, 2017
Prestbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t 564
Exp
We are in Galicia now and have been travelling Northern Spain for the last 5 weeks. No problem finding camp sites except at the weekend on the coasts (when the locals fill them up over the weekend). Even then, there are plenty of aires available.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
thanks Gus

I know its early and things will definitely change as time goes on, but i'm hopeful we can come and go as we please like we were able to last year, tbh last year spoilt us massively not having to stick to a timetable

Al (y)
On Benicasim in June and it was quite busy but mainly Spanish.The site had given them a cheap deal because of the lack of non Spanish tourists but the deal expired at end of June.Site was busy with Spanish as usual in July.In June there was possibly ten or twelve French vans on,probably four Brits a couple of Dutch and that was it. BUSBY.

Jul 13, 2021
Launceston, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 175 2013
Exp
Since 2011
hi everyone

Al (y)
Travelled through Spain Sept 2019 on our way back from Portugal stayed at a campsite in Curido Rodrigus ( not sure about the spelling )
Site was nearly empty ,flat ,good washrooms and showers, ehu ,fresh water etc, all in 34 euros for 2 days. easy walk into the town medieval walled castle found 2 museums one was a chamber pot museum with hundreds of items well worth a visit. Met another english MH while there.

Djenks

Free Member
Feb 20, 2017
Prestbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t 564
Exp
We have been travelling North Spain (Catalonia to Galicia) for the last 5 weeks. We have had no difficulties finding decent campsites inland - they are virtually empty. On the coast at weekends we have not always secured our first choice campsite (lots of Spanish weekenders out then) but we have always found something suitable. Aires are almost empty. There are very few foreign tourists here at the moment. I very much doubt you will have any difficulties in September because the Spanish holidays will be over for most locals.

Aug 29, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class N & B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We are here in the south in Andalucia and all is quiet and has been all season. However trying to book for the Christmas period into New Year in Torrox and the site (36 pitches) is full but managed to get a row 3 slot.

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Travelled through Spain Sept 2019 on our way back from Portugal stayed at a campsite in Curido Rodrigus ( not sure about the spelling )
Site was nearly empty ,flat ,good washrooms and showers, ehu ,fresh water etc, all in 34 euros for 2 days. easy walk into the town medieval walled castle found 2 museums one was a chamber pot museum with hundreds of items well worth a visit. Met another english MH while there.
Hi Alan Atkin. I’m very interested in what you said but the spelling must be wrong as I cannot find it on google maps. Would you please have a look yourself and find the correct spelling or let me know where it is so I can search my maps for it, much appreciated 😊

Aug 29, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class N & B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
What areas in Spain are you intending to visit?

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Quiet in Galicia.....mainly Nationals..one of two other nations...come September the schools are back, the Spanish are confined to weekends....not a lot to concern you finding somewhere....the main season has ended, the money has been made....some sites winding up....some extending into the winter season...great time to travel....

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
What areas in Spain are you intending to visit?
if thats aimed at me......

we usually start at Roses, Benicassim, Salou, Javea, Benidorm, El Pinet, Pilar de la Horadada, Los Alcazares and may add a few as we go along

My mate who's in Benidorm now, he lives there, has more or less backed up everything thats been said up to now, sites are populated by the locals at weekends, sites and hotels are doing deals to get people to visit which you can't blame them.

He's also said that in his opinion, come Sept, things will relax a bit as the locals don't holiday then so thinks sites will become available a lot more. Very few brits atm, French, Dutch and a few Belgians are mixed in with the majority Spanish so i'm hopeful that we can travel freely when we go across and more or less go when we like, rather than be governed by certain booking dates and times.

Can't wait to get across tbh (y)

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We go to Spain most years, during September and October. We've also been there in May and June. We have places we particularly like that we go to and campsites that we favour. We've found that for the most part, it's easy to get pitches on sites we don't want to stay on, whereas those we like are full. This year though, who knows? I honestly think it's an unknown factor.

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
We go to Spain most years, during September and October. We've also been there in May and June. We have places we particularly like that we go to and campsites that we favour. We've found that for the most part, it's easy to get pitches on sites we don't want to stay on, whereas those we like are full. This year though, who knows? I honestly think it's an unknown factor.
may i ask what sites you like and their location please

Al

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
may i ask what sites you like and their location please

Al
I would be happy to share but it depends what you’re after. What we like might be the complete opposite of what you want.

Some friends once recommended a site to us, they loved it, we hated both the site and the location.

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
I would be happy to share but it depends what you’re after. What we like might be the complete opposite of what you want.

Some friends once recommended a site to us, they loved it, we hated both the site and the location.
We like coastal sites close enough to somewhere to walk/cycle into, most of these have all the facilities we need and maybe don’t use but there if we need to.

Not bothered about slides into a pool or needing to accept dogs as we don’t have one

Good access and not covered with too many trees

That’s more or less it, Al

Jul 13, 2021
Launceston, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 175 2013
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Alan Atkin. I’m very interested in what you said but the spelling must be wrong as I cannot find it on google maps. Would you please have a look yourself and find the correct spelling or let me know where it is so I can search my maps for it, much appreciated 😊
Ciudad Rodrigo correct spelling from my Europe atlas is just off the A62 about 50miles ( 80 klm ) south west of Salamanca we were trying to trace the route of the Duke of Wellingtons march through Spain we turned off the A62 to the town we missed the turn off for the campsite first as it was like a small lane between houses but opens up 100yrds down especially remember it because I left my wash bag in the wash rooms didnt miss it until 100 miles north. The other English couple we met were travelling to Burgos on the same route then onto Santander we travelled to Angellet Aire near Biarritz then along the Pyrennes the south of France and Italy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back