138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We like coastal sites close enough to somewhere to walk/cycle into, most of these have all the facilities we need and maybe don’t use but there if we need to.

Not bothered about slides into a pool or needing to accept dogs as we don’t have one

Good access and not covered with too many trees

That’s more or less it, Al
We go for dog sites and dog beaches, which aren't for everyone. However, here are a few sites we like:

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks Alan Atkin for getting back to me. Another member guessed it was this place & I found the museum you mentioned. I think we will visit when next in the area, it sound like a place we would like to visit & if the site is good then that’s a bonus 😜

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001

In English.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 13, 2021
Launceston, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 175 2013
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks Alan Atkin for getting back to me. Another member guessed it was this place & I found the museum you mentioned. I think we will visit when next in the area, it sound like a place we would like to visit & if the site is good then that’s a bonus 😜
The site had a white wall at the front and reception was on the right left to find our own spot it was very quiet another good camp site we like is St Efflam in Brittany. We travel down to Plymouth overnight to Roscoff then on to Plestin les Greves approx 33 miles St Efflam 1.5 miles to the coast. excellent camp site nearly deserted in Sept ,15 euros per night inc ehu water free showers etc free heated indoor pool level pitches HS or grass superb beach 150yrds away lidle 1mile super u 1.5 miles stayed here many times excellent for children 2 mile walk along the beach either way to excellent resturaunts. Sunday market in Plestin .There is also an aire nearby and also another camp site right on the beach. Hope you have a good trip. We are planing Germany Berlin, Dresden, Oberammergau , Austria, Northern Italy ( Mantova ) Rome . Has anyone ideas for overnight stops and campsites for a few days Thanks all

In a Pickle

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
We are currently at Camping Albarracin in Aragon. Did not book, I'd say its maybe half full. It's a very nice site and Albarracin is a lovely medieval town definitely worth visiting.
20210728_160853.jpg

RobPullen

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 707
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020 - previously in campers
We are currently in L’Escala having travelled via a number of sites from Santander to Tarragona then here over the last 11 days. Heading to France today after rule changes!
we have had no trouble finding places to stay in campsites. Many on Pitchup but also plenty you can just turn up to. (We try to avoid too much of thisnas our Spanish is very shaky).
most sites have had a fair amount of space, mostly local Spanish visitors, some Dutch, Belgian and Germans too and now we are nearer, quite a few French were we are now.
Think you’ll be absolutely fine finding places with ease so long as rule changes don’t stop you travelling by September.

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
We are in Royan, heading for Saint Jean De Luz tomorrow. The weather in that region is forecast to be quite horrible for the next week, so we are contemplating a quick stopover at St jean and then heading straight down to Benidorm ,with a view to holing up there for a month or so before heading to the Costa Del Sol. We rather like EL Raco, so is anyone there at the moment to provide a sit rep? Other local sites considered... :love:
Thanks
Janet and John.

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
my mate has arrived at Rodas in Roses this morning, he wanted 4 nights and only got 2 as they are full and no signs yet of a UK van

Infact he’s only seen 1 all the way from Calais

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
The weather picture is mixed....but the Costas should be fine....we are in the Maestrat with temperature around 39°c....storms could build...
Just came from Pyrenees, Spanish side...too hot there...

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
We just booked El Raco for four weeks commencing 24th September, €600.00 inclusive of TV etc.
It'll be like old times, Marianno's here we come!
John
PS. Here is part of their COVID statement:

We look after you​

• We have proceeded to a voluntary reduction of the capacity of the campsite by 25% to ensure the proper functioning and enjoyment of the facilities without having to establish shifts.
  • The campsite staff have been trained in the new safety protocols and have the necessary equipment to carry out their work with total protection.
  • We intensify ventilation, cleaning and disinfection with virucidal products, both in the sanitary blocks and in other communal areas.
  • Hydroalcoholic gel dispensers at the access to all communal areas.
  • Replacement of hot air hand dryers with paper dispensers.
  • Information and supervision of compliance with the anti-COVID regulations by customers and campsite staff.
  • The use of the swimming pools and communal areas is subject to the maximum permitted capacity informed at the entrance.
  • Supermarket, Bar and Restaurant provide their service with all the safety and hygiene measures, according to their specific protocols and are subject to the maximum permitted capacity informed at the entrance.
  • These actions are part of the COVID 19 Preventive Action Guide developed by Camping Racó.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
We are in Alcossebre on the Camper Stop Las Moreras and its full to the brim with vans waiting to get a pitch. We've been here many times and i've never seen it so like this. Again unusually its the French who are the dominant nation. We are heading to Camping Javea and i'm starting to worry about getting a pitch there. It might be that the French who travel to Morrocco for the winter have now opted for Spain because of the virus .

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We are in Alcossebre on the Camper Stop Las Moreras and its full to the brim with vans waiting to get a pitch. We've been here many times and i've never seen it so like this. Again unusually its the French who are the dominant nation. We are heading to Camping Javea and i'm starting to worry about getting a pitch there. It might be that the French who travel to Morrocco for the winter have now opted for Spain because of the virus .
Same here in Roses,,Wall to wall Frogs.We are on the aire and it's full,,next door at Sarlata the full sign is up..Moving south tomorrow..BUSBY.

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Same here in Roses,,Wall to wall Frogs.We are on the aire and it's full,,next door at Sarlata the full sign is up..Moving south tomorrow..BUSBY.
my mate left camping Rodas across the road from the aire at Roses and he said it was more or less full with only 3 brit vans inc him.

He heading south with a stop at Pineda before he gets to Bonterra where we hope to join them 👍

Aug 17, 2011
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
Exp
since 2005
I hope he's booked at pineda (Camping Enmar) we stopped there 2 weeks ago. Fully booked, again with Dutch and Belgians mainly.

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
I hope he's booked at pineda (Camping Enmar) we stopped there 2 weeks ago. Fully booked, again with Dutch and Belgians mainly.
he is Frank
he arrived today and he says it’s like he’s pitched up in Amsterdam, surrounded by Dutch 🤣, 3rd time for them tbh.

looks a nice site online tbh, did you like it and if so why may I ask as we’ve never been

Al 👍

Aug 17, 2011
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
Exp
since 2005
Hi, we found it by chance a good few years ago. It's a family run site, two brothers, sister and occasionally their mother. They are the most welcoming and lovely people.
The site is modern, very clean and cheap € 18.00 inc ehu.(acsi) They've extended it since we first visited and we have a job to remember where the changes were.
It's location is central to Pineda and about 200 meters from a first class beach.
We would recommend it to anyone.

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Hi, we found it by chance a good few years ago. It's a family run site, two brothers, sister and occasionally their mother. They are the most welcoming and lovely people.
The site is modern, very clean and cheap € 18.00 inc ehu.(acsi) They've extended it since we first visited and we have a job to remember where the changes were.
It's location is central to Pineda and about 200 meters from a first class beach.
We would recommend it to anyone.
thanks very much

it’s always nice to get personal recommendations from someone who’s actually been
Al 👍

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
he is Frank
he arrived today and he says it’s like he’s pitched up in Amsterdam, surrounded by Dutch 🤣, 3rd time for them tbh.

looks a nice site online tbh, did you like it and if so why may I ask as we’ve never been

Al 👍
Sorry to but in but it is always busy here. Spanish family owned & run. Large number of Spanish seasonal pitches. Many Dutch tourers. Beautiful & large pool with bar/restaurant. Facilities are okay, hot water, but nothing fancy at all. Pitches can be a bit small & no views. Some cabins on site too. The best bit is location, right in the town close to beach, supermarkets, shops train station & easy coastal cycling to adjacent resorts & local weekly markets. All the things many like to visit. Enrico & his wife Maria? I recall, hence EnMar, live on the site but daughter & 2 sons mainly run it. Very accommodating family, one year they were going to let us stay on the site a few days after they closed for the season to fit in with our plans.

missmollie

Free Member
Jul 30, 2008
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Knaus SUN TI
Exp
since 2006
We are at Kiko park in Oliva arrived yesterday and it is full. Normally have a few weeks here and it is always busy but, this year is rammed.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Plenty room in Benidorm, site about half full, usual for this time of year. Used to be busier though, some years I'd say it was at 80-90%

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Plenty room in Benidorm, site about half full, usual for this time of year. Used to be busier though, some years I'd say it was at 80-90%
Good morning! May I ask which site you are on? We are booked into El Raco next week.
John

Twos company

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 25, 2008
Boroughbridge
Funster No
MH
VW transporter
Exp
25+
We’re on rodas in roses until Wednesday then heading south. Nothing else booked yet we will take pot luck

Twos company

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 25, 2008
Boroughbridge
Funster No
MH
VW transporter
Exp
25+
Is torreta full tried to book online for Wednesday and it won’t let me

Twos company

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 25, 2008
Boroughbridge
Funster No
MH
VW transporter
Exp
25+
Cheers should be there Wednesday the weather forecast isn’t so good so didn’t want to risk been flooded out down the bottom

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Cheers should be there Wednesday the weather forecast isn’t so good so didn’t want to risk been flooded out down the bottom
Which side do you go on? We're on the school side, I'll have a walk down shortly and see how many spaces there are. Some Dutch have arrived today.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Ok, not Spain, but here in Alvor (Algarve) the site is still very very busy, with few pitches available. Mainly Dutch german and Belgians, only 3 U.K. vans. ( 1 funster😉)
Could put this down to the lack of U.K. visitors, restrictions on wild camping, and this being the only site in the area, but still, surprised that it’s still so very busy. This is usually the ‘quiet’ time before the snowbirds arrive, but not this year!
oh, and the weather is still fab😎

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Just booked Bonrerra Park on line today for tomorrow onwards..7 vacant pitches were all they had to offer.Bit different to last June when it was half empty.Dont know what's happened this Sept.On an aire tonight in a village near the Ebro Delta. Nearly new,,full waste and water facilities on the edge of town.Free and nearly empty.Since leaving Calais we have now seen 4 Brit motorhomes,a car and caravan and a motorbike.Reckon they must all be on Bonterra.Hot and sunny.BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back