National Trust Parking larger vehicles (1 Viewer)

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Hi

Regrettably, I lost interest in the blog And didn’t renew the domain. I could resurrect the map but need somewhere to put and maintain it.
You could always put it on Google Maps "my Maps"
ezee

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
OK - now you are making me feel bad. Jim I used Mapsmarkerpro to create the maps- what do you think? Alternatively I guess I could put it on a free Wordpress site

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Domain names are cheap enough which I would be happy to fund, is there any additional cost to host the maps on there? Says someone with little idea about websites. :think:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Being members of both it’s not surprising I get confused. You are right it’s English Heritage so I will re think this.
It was a bad day when we visited because the car park up the hill was being used for an event at the railway and I found a tree stump in the grass at the back of the town car park cracking the edge of the rear bumper.
When we are out and about again I will make a note of any NT car parks we can use that are not listed.
Hi, around this neck of Suffolk, you can park OK at:
Flatford Mill
Ickworth House
Dunwich Heath
Sutton Hoo

In Norfolk:
Oxburgh Hall
Blickling Hall

Hope that is helpful.

Joe

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
What about if we build a National Trust Category in the Local Guide, that way they will show up in each area search, but you'll also be able to see them all on one National Trust map and be able to rate and have comments etc

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
What about if we build a National Trust Category in the Local Guide, that way they will show up in each area search, but you'll also be able to see them all on one National Trust map and be able to rate and have comments etc
Hi Jim

I have a good solution to recreate the map that will allow a published link but also would let you publish it on the site in a frame - just tried a quick example, the frame code would be like this...

<iframe frameborder=0 style='width:100%;height:500px;' src='//www.zeemaps.com/pub?group=4069523'> </iframe>

If people would like the map back I will recreate it and this tool is actually a better one than the one used on my Blog.

For example, we could do what i suggested on the local guide, pop the locations onto another map along with detail and a link to the detail on MHF.

The tool also allows collaboration under password protection.

Thoughts?

Chris

Jan 14, 2021
Funster No
MH
5W!b*ab3K#
Part selfish and part I hope useful to others...

We like to stop off at NT properties during the day. Breaks the travel, have a walk, cup of tea, soup etc and pretty good value for money if you are a member as parking is free. However, at 3o feet, not every NT site is suitable for 'popping in' (or out for that matter) and I have had a couple of very bad experiences including a burnt out clutch trying to extricate myself from one.

So, I have created a map page on my website here and started to put on it some of the ones we have visited. Have a look and you will get the idea. I will continue to add to this myself over time and hopefully try out the ones you guys suggest (which is the selfish bit)

So, if you would like me to add markers to this map just pop detail into this thread and I will add (and attribute) them to the map. Primarily I am looking for ones for larger i.e. over 8m vehicles but am happy to create a pin set for smaller vehicles and label them up as such if you let me have them.

You never know, we might get a bit of help from the NT themselves!

Chris
Sounds useful, great to have a look when the website is up and running

Aug 28, 2020
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
none
This sounds great......on my bucket list to visit as many of the NT gardens as possible.....

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
OK - turning into a bit of a labour of love but please have a look at this link...

Beta New Map

First 35 are on there, it has more information than the old map - the basics are:

Red markers, no go with a large vehicle
Yellow: with caution
Green: Go for your life

Clicking on a marker gives the Funster name and comment and where appropriate the National Trust own advice on getting there eg where they want you to use a different postcode.

You can also click directly to their website, get Directions form where you are and I have enabled street view.

Comments welcome.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Looks like a great resource and this is not a Criticism, but Plas Newydd is on Anglesey not in Langollen, I presume you are showing the boxes with property details just for effect at present.
👍🏻👍🏻

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Looks like a great resource and this is not a Criticism, but Plas Newydd is on Anglesey not in Langollen, I presume you are showing the boxes with property details just for effect at present.
👍🏻👍🏻
Thanks - just got the wrong coordinates - will update when I next upload - any other errors you spot just let me know :)

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Great effort! (y)
Found another glitch...Sutton Hoo is just outside Llangollen on the map. Maybe the coordinates were transposed?

Nov 22, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 746
Exp
I'm a newbie
What a fantastic idea, we've been thinking of joining the NT recently too. Perhaps they might also want use of your 'map for motorhomers' :giggle:

Reactions: CWH

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
here is an update on Anglesey Abbey:
They revamped there parking area in 2020 introducing height barriers but have created 7 dedicated motorhome parking places outside of the car parking areas at the back of the disabled parking area. These can accommodate motor caravans up to 7 meters and anything larger can park in the coach park.
ezee

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
here is an update on Anglesey Abbey:
They revamped there parking area in 2020 introducing height barriers but have created 7 dedicated motorhome parking places outside of the car parking areas at the back of the disabled parking area. These can accommodate motor caravans up to 7 meters and anything larger can park in the coach park.
ezee
Thanks - have updated the note on the map

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Dudmaston Hall in Shropshire has masses of parking on grass with very easy access straight off the A442.
///corn.snowy.proofs

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Wimpole Hall, Cambs, plenty of spaces and very helpful staff
Gunby Hall, Linc's, some space at top of drive or big lay-by just outside gates & walk up, great gardens

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
All up to date - we have 107 places listed on the map and highlighted as GREENfor go, YELLOW for have a think before you go and RED for not a good idea.

I have added additional sites, not just National trust. The criterion is it must be an interesting place to stop with good parking for a large motorhome and you can at least get a cup of tea!

Each place names the Munster and shows their comment along with anything specific from the NTwebsite as regards getting there or SatNav issues.

Selecting a pin allows you to zoom in, go to their website and get directions. Streetview is also available.

It works really well on mobile as well as desktop.

Please give it a go and let me have any feedback, particularly if I have stuck a pin in the wrong place! :LOL:

The link to boomark is Motorhome NT and the like parking fo larger vehicles

Thought I might also start a new thread to get some more ideas.

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
Part selfish and part I hope useful to others...

We like to stop off at NT properties during the day. Breaks the travel, have a walk, cup of tea, soup etc and pretty good value for money if you are a member as parking is free. However, at 3o feet, not every NT site is suitable for 'popping in' (or out for that matter) and I have had a couple of very bad experiences including a burnt out clutch trying to extricate myself from one.

So, I have created a map page on my website here and started to put on it some of the ones we have visited. Have a look and you will get the idea. I will continue to add to this myself over time and hopefully try out the ones you guys suggest (which is the selfish bit)

So, if you would like me to add markers to this map just pop detail into this thread and I will add (and attribute) them to the map. Primarily I am looking for ones for larger i.e. over 8m vehicles but am happy to create a pin set for smaller vehicles and label them up as such if you let me have them.

You never know, we might get a bit of help from the NT themselves!

Chris
Sorry but the link doesn't work for me ??, good idea though

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
All up to date - we have 107 places listed on the map and highlighted as GREENfor go, YELLOW for have a think before you go and RED for not a good idea.

I have added additional sites, not just National trust. The criterion is it must be an interesting place to stop with good parking for a large motorhome and you can at least get a cup of tea!

Each place names the Munster and shows their comment along with anything specific from the NTwebsite as regards getting there or SatNav issues.

Selecting a pin allows you to zoom in, go to their website and get directions. Streetview is also available.

It works really well on mobile as well as desktop.

Please give it a go and let me have any feedback, particularly if I have stuck a pin in the wrong place! :LOL:

The link to boomark is Motorhome NT and the like parking fo larger vehicles

Thought I might also start a new thread to get some more ideas.
Plas Newydd on Anglesey seems to have got mixed up with the one near Llangollen which is council-owned, not NT.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back