LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all, I am with RAC ARIVAL and although I have been more than happy the date is looming for renewal.Is there anything that gives the same cover cheaper ::bigsmile:
I want over 3.5 ton (4.2) recovery and cover for any vehicle I am driving namely the car :ROFLMAO: No overseas required
Presently paying around £90 ish and then got to pay C&CC at just short of £40 which I can do without this year if I have to :winky: because we only use a couple of small sites and can find alternatives/wild
terry
PS the personal cover limits the alternatives

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Cheers Geo :thumb: but I think they only cover vehicle and not personal --- Not 100 % sure but it may be only RAC & AA who do personal cover :thumb: unless funsters know better ::bigsmile:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

patr

Free Member
Jul 1, 2008
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Terry

ADAC covers the member, so any vehicle you drive from scooter to motorhome will be eligible for their service which, in the UK, is provided by the AA.

Pat

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Anybody got a British link ? just read you have to have German residence ?
terry

patr

Free Member
Jul 1, 2008
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Terry

Email this lady or give her a ring.

stefanie.schleifer@adac.de

0049 89 7676 2636

She is highly professional, speaks perfect English and will answer any queries you may have. You can join over the phone using a Credit/Debit card and your membership will start the next day with cards etc arriving within a week.

If you google ADAC and then use the translate button you will see the different levels of service and the MH height/length/weight restrictions. If you email Fr Schleifer she will email you a translation of the levels of cover.

We have PartnerPlus which covers us throughout Europe with some very extensive levels of cover eg air medivac.

Pat

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Another thread on Link Removed with a link in the first post, any EU addy is ok
Geo

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
RESULT--- Phoned RAC up today with the intention of cancelling and joining the ADAC people :thumb: Long story short- went through the press 1 -etc to get put onto a nice young lady who asked why I was leaving - told her I had no problem with the RAC but did not want / need the C&CC @ £40 so was leaving to join the ADAC--- She said if I stayed with the RAC I could have the ARIVALS membership for £53.50 :thumb: and seeing as I am still a member of C&CC until next month at renewal time I did not have to still be a member of C&CC saving the £40 on that
rac renewal £87.50
NEW PRICE £53.50
= £34 SAVING PLUS £40 ISH on c&cc this year = £74 ish saving total
I will reserve joining the ADAC for next yr :thumb::thumb: SPOKE TO A LADY FROM THERE AND IT SOUNDS VERY GOOD COVER
terry

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
RESULT--- Phoned RAC up today with the intention of cancelling and joining the ADAC people :thumb: Long story short- went through the press 1 -etc to get put onto a nice young lady who asked why I was leaving - told her I had no problem with the RAC but did not want / need the C&CC @ £40 so was leaving to join the ADAC--- She said if I stayed with the RAC I could have the ARIVALS membership for £53.50 :thumb: and seeing as I am still a member of C&CC until next month at renewal time I did not have to still be a member of C&CC saving the £40 on that
rac renewal £87.50
NEW PRICE £53.50
= £34 SAVING PLUS £40 ISH on c&cc this year = £74 ish saving total
I will reserve joining the ADAC for next yr :thumb::thumb: SPOKE TO A LADY FROM THERE AND IT SOUNDS VERY GOOD COVER
terry

I would not be suprised that in order to benifit from the Arival scheme current C&CC membership is a requirement (small print) and membership card shown at the same time as RAC card to the recovery man:Doh:
Ask them to confirm in an e-mail what has been said, belive a telephone conversation at your peril
Geo

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Geo already asked :thumb: Also the call was recorded by them :thumb: and I took her name time and date stipulating I had same membership IE Arivals and did not have to be a C&CC member :thumb:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Geo, they are sending me a email to confirm :thumb::winky:Nothing can be said that can not be written ::bigsmile::winky:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:Eeek::Eeek::censored:2:swear: Got a call from RAC man and they have now said C&CC is a must for recovery they made a mistake :Angry: Told him I wanted to speak to a supervisor (complain spoke to 2 different people and 3rd to apologize) and to stick the membership (30yrs plus) where the sun don't shine ::bigsmile: Apparently they would still offer roadside assistance but not recovery = no good
So it now looks like ADAC gets a call tomorrow or Monday :thumb:
terry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
You get a lot for your bucks with ADAC

You get one hell a lot for your bucks with ADAC.. the UK cover is provided by the AA and it covers all Europe and countries joining the med... it is a lot more than just a breakdown service and my wife is covered..any car, any camper (in my case a 5.5 ton Winnebago RV)..

Very very comprehensive cover.

Bob:thumb:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi guys :thumb: I have done it ::bigsmile::thumb: Joined ADAC 2 mins ago -Sent Stefanie a email with address details so it only took 2 mins for her to answer my questions and grab my money :ROFLMAO: (79.50 EUROS) off my credit card.:thumb: She is forwarding all info via email (to-day)and through the post within 2 weeks.Dead simple to do :thumb:

The RAC rang me Saturday morning and said sorry but they had made a mistake :Angry:I explained I would have been running around thinking I was covered but would not have been :Eeek:It appears the RAC only covers up to 3.5 ton and the C&CC pays for anything above that hence you have to be a member of both --- they must split the money you pay to the RAC :Smile:--ANYONE on Arivals must show the RAC membership and C&CC card to get anything more than roadside assistance.
Thanks Geo :thumb: for reminding me of my own golden rule - Nothing can be said that cannot be written :winky:
terry

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
I think i have been ripped off
My RAC arrivals cover was £170 for the year plus my C&CC membership
i paid the renewal as i do travel to Europe at least once a year so need the cover

any one else pay more or less for their RAC arrivals cover ???

would be interesting to see who pays what

i have a 1999 Georgieboy pursut 7.4 v8 petrol +LPG con
4.59Kg 27 feet long value £25K 7 years NCB

insurance renewal was £670 road tax £180p/a

so just over £1,000P/A for all the up front costs

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
rac arrival

our renewal just came today and memebership cost £117 less £29 .45 leaving£87 .55 to pay only covers Steve not me we have renewed c&cc in May so should we be able to haggle to get it for 53 pound like terry was going to get as we are members og club still?

Pusser

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Bucks
Funster No
MH
A week away
Exp
On and off 1981
I've just got RAC breakdown recovery and then I find out that the RAC has been flogged to a private equity firm. Only one thing can happen and they will flog off sections and I wonder what; other than the name, will be left

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I think i have been ripped off
My RAC arrivals cover was £170 for the year plus my C&CC membership
i paid the renewal as i do travel to Europe at least once a year so need the cover

any one else pay more or less for their RAC arrivals cover ???

would be interesting to see who pays what

i have a 1999 Georgieboy pursut 7.4 v8 petrol +LPG con
4.59Kg 27 feet long value £25K 7 years NCB

insurance renewal was £670 road tax £180p/a

so just over £1,000P/A for all the up front costs
:Eeek: YOU REALLY MUST LEARN TO SHOP AROUND :thumb::ROFLMAO:

our renewal just came today and memebership cost £117 less £29 .45 leaving£87 .55 to pay only covers Steve not me we have renewed c&cc in May so should we be able to haggle to get it for 53 pound like terry was going to get as we are members og club still?
Hi Scran simply phone them up press option 1, option 3, option 3 again this should take you to the leaving team.Tell them you are thinking of going else where as it is too dear :thumb:The young lady dropped it to £53.50 straight away :thumb:If you don/t ask you don't get :thumb:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I don't believe it

I don't believe it :Eeek: The RAC have took my money :Angry::Angry::Eeek:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Getting it back ::bigsmile::thumb:

Can anyone tell me which number I ring ADAC on if I break down?
The card they have sent has a couple of numbers on -all in German
0 180 2222222
49 89 222222
49 89 767676
would like to know which to phone now rather than if I need to ::bigsmile:
terry

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
breakdown insurance

Hi try START rescue.co.uk just gone with them so much cheaper with the same cover their people on the phone were very helpful the only difference is that you have to print off your policy so woorth a try cheers Rod:thumb:

aldenise

Free Member
Jun 26, 2010
Cleethorpes. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki
Exp
5 years
rac

I have full rac response, arrival and disabled £189 and c&cc I have a rv forest river sunseeker weighing 5.5 ton I just looked at adac it looks like they only recover up to 3.5 tons think I will stop with RAC

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Just joined the ADAC, but was concerned to learn that we are not covered for medical cover in the country you reside in, or in Germany, because German residents have their own medical cover so the ADAC do not offer it !:Sad:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Green Flag, all the bell and whistles, £ 120 ish,

Give 'em a call 0800 400 654 apart from the price of a call won't cost you anything

When our Clutch Pedal Broke ( yes folks Fiat Ducattos have a plastic Clutch Pedal:Angry:) they picked us up, took us to a site, two days later, after they had sourced the part, piggy backed us again took us to a garage where the part was replaced :thumb:

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
rac

Hi all, I am with RAC ARIVAL and although I have been more than happy the date is looming for renewal.Is there anything that gives the same cover cheaper ::bigsmile:
I want over 3.5 ton (4.2) recovery and cover for any vehicle I am driving namely the car :ROFLMAO: No overseas required
Presently paying around £90 ish and then got to pay C&CC at just short of £40 which I can do without this year if I have to :winky: because we only use a couple of small sites and can find alternatives/wild
terry
PS the personal cover limits the alternatives
yes om like you terry my motorhome is 22FT long so I have to be with RAC c&cc its a bind but its much cheaper and better service than the AA there arnt any others steve

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
When your RAC renewal comes through, phone them and tell them you can get the same cover with Greenflag through the Caravan Club for £117 and they will match it (or better it). Two years ago my renewal was £145ish, Greenflag would have been £117, so rang RAC and they renewed me for £89, yes £89. Last year renewal came at £89 again (roadside, recovery and homestart). This years has just come through at £107, so I'm not going to push it, quite happy with £107.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi try START rescue.co.uk just gone with them so much cheaper with the same cover their people on the phone were very helpful the only difference is that you have to print off your policy so woorth a try cheers Rod:thumb:

I know this is 3 years old but just had a look and they don't do motorhomes:Doh:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
When your RAC renewal comes through, phone them and tell them you can get the same cover with Greenflag through the Caravan Club for £117 and they will match it (or better it). Two years ago my renewal was £145ish, Greenflag would have been £117, so rang RAC and they renewed me for £89, yes £89. Last year renewal came at £89 again (roadside, recovery and homestart). This years has just come through at £107, so I'm not going to push it, quite happy with £107.

Beyond me this is, gf for mh is £107 , rang them today and they wouldn't budge, but if I go to http://www.european-breakdown-cover.com/Home.aspx?r=9&gclid=CJixifD8prwCFWITwwodVVUAiQ
I can get the same gf cover for £65, asked the gf woman how this is and she confirmed that they are doing gf but couldn't tell me why it was half their price.
There's got to be a catch somwhere:Eeek:

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Excellent result Terry.

One thing people using ADAC should check if the AA is their agent in the uk is that vehicles over 3.5 ton and 7 m are covered as the normal AA does not recover vehicle that big 3.5ton limit.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Excellent result Terry.

One thing people using ADAC should check if the AA is their agent in the uk is that vehicles over 3.5 ton and 7 m are covered as the normal AA does not recover vehicle that big 3.5ton limit.

Terry's post was three years ago, is it still the same now.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back