DumfriesDik

Free Member
Nov 22, 2020
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Anything is possible, right? But is it possible to have an electric solenoid valve on the grey water and/or fresh water tank?

I 'found' the fresh water tank in the Pilote P740 and it does have the cutest plug at the bottom draining, such a pain!

What else do I need to make this work? Thanks

Brass Electric Solenoid Valve

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
It's possible but that unit looks to be very small bore if so it would probably get blocked easily. Lenny HB fitted a camera on his waste outlet to get lined up with the drain he may have fitted an electric valve not sure.

Last edited:

lewis56

Free Member
Dec 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
A class
done it years ago, makes life so much easier, go on ebay, input ( motorised 12v ball valve ) loads come up from Ā£16 onwards, different sizes, need window switch job done.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
VW Crafter Self Conv
Yep, I put one on the crafter. Super convenient for pulling over the wastewater grate in the pouring rain.

So far I've managed to resist the temptation of opening it on the M6 when an Audi driver is 3ft behind me šŸ˜† .

I wired it via a relay on the ignition to stop the kids dumping the wastewater all over a pitch.

I have this one from amazon because the thread matched the outlet from the tank, (but wrapped some extra waterproof fabric around it to give it a bit more protection):

BACOENG 1" DN25 Brass BSP Motorized Valve 2 Port/Zone Valve(DC12V CR01 2 Wires Control Electric Ball Valve)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It's possible but that unit looks to be very small bore if so it would probably get blocked easily. Lenny HB fitted a camera on his waste outlet to get lined up with the drain he may have fitted an electric valve not sure.
My van has an electric waste valve as standard.
CAK tanks do some they are around Ā£125.
Not many avaliable in the standard 40 mm waste pipe size so tend to be expensive.

Dec 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
VW Crafter Self Conv
My van has an electric waste valve as standard.
CAK tanks do some they are around Ā£125.
Not many avaliable in the standard 40 mm waste pipe size so tend to be expensive.
I'd steer clear of the CAK tanks ones.

I waited 6 months for mine and it came faulty.

Also, whilst the picture on their website shows just two wires, the one I received had 3, requiring some complex wiring to get it to open AND close (and I'd waited so long at that point the wiring was already in with just a twin core cable).

It was also really big and heavy, so simply fixing it to the plastic waste outlet was going to place way too much stress on the fitting, so needed some kind of bracket to support it. The cheaper amazon one is way way lighter.

The amazon one turned up next morning, and I took the view that whilst cheap, I could buy three for the price of the cak tanks one. As it happens its been in for 18 months now and still going strong.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hi all, I have a similar problem with our Carthago, in that there is a long lever located inside the double floor which passes under the bathroom and connects onto the grey water waste valve to open/close. Well it has come off in the perm open position (common problem apparently)
I took it to my dealership, the guys worked trying to fix for a good couple of hours and invited me to see for myself the problem. The valve is between the 2 floors acess via a small floor hatch, its very close to the tank itself (about 25mm) and is very difficult to gain access to, so they want me to take it back (128miles each way) leave it with them for a few days so that they can remove the entire tank from under the van, on the ramps.
There is no guarantee it wont come off again at some point as its a poor design.
I am thinking that if they have to go that far, then if I supply a 12v dump valve (wired 2 way open/close) then they can fit that when they take out the whole tank. I will wire a 2 way switch and 3 core cable ready for them to connect the dump valve when I take it down to them, well that's the idea anyhow.
Having looked on E Bay/Amazon CAK Tanks the biggest at an affordable price I can find is the one listed below, its 12V and has a 32mm or 1 1/4" female thread each end will do the job, as the existing pipe is of similar size, certainly not 2"
Here is the one I am looking at, long delivery time as its from The Covid Continent;)
LES
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=333812533891

Last edited:

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
I have found CAK Tanks to be very reliable in the dealings I have had with them. I retrofitted one of their 3/4 inch Easydrain Electro valves to my waste tank about four years ago. I have not had any trouble with it and when the drain does block up it has always been at the tank outlet itself not at the valve. I carry a length of old coaxial cable which I just stuff up the outlet to clear any blockages.

OP
OP
DumfriesDik

DumfriesDik

Free Member
Nov 22, 2020
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Thanks everyone for all your information.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back