Dripping tap (1 Viewer)

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
Filled up the water tank ready for habitation check today, turned on the tap, waited about 5 mins until the water finally spat out of the tap, turned on tap in bathroom, shower head etc, all seemed fine, turned all off again, tap in the kitchen, drip, drip, drip, grrrrrr. Same thing last year although not a drip more a fountain under the sink, dealer says "frost damage" new tap fitted £100.00. Held my hand up over that one since I failed to follow manufactures recommendations and may have left some water in the tap. This year I drained all water, opened all the taps even wrapped towels around them to protect from the frost. Mobile habitation engineer says he doesn't think it could have been frost damage, dealer who replaced it last year says it must have been ! that'll be another £100.00 please. Do other peoples taps only last 1 year ?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Filled up the water tank ready for habitation check today, turned on the tap, waited about 5 mins until the water finally spat out of the tap, turned on tap in bathroom, shower head etc, all seemed fine, turned all off again, tap in the kitchen, drip, drip, drip, grrrrrr. Same thing last year although not a drip more a fountain under the sink, dealer says "frost damage" new tap fitted £100.00. Held my hand up over that one since I failed to follow manufactures recommendations and may have left some water in the tap. This year I drained all water, opened all the taps even wrapped towels around them to protect from the frost. Mobile habitation engineer says he doesn't think it could have been frost damage, dealer who replaced it last year says it must have been ! that'll be another £100.00 please. Do other peoples taps only last 1 year ?
Hi fit some domestic taps :thumb::winky:
terry

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
When you drain down, make sure the heater is drained and the shower head removed with all taps open. Taking off the shower head usually keeps any pressure out of the system, so even if a small amount of water remains in the pipes, it won't go anywhere as such.

I have never had to replace a tap since using this system. Do check if your tap is servicable, as seal kits are available! You can have whatever tap you like brand wise as long as it is microswitched (if yours are). If you do need a new one, make sure you can get service kits for them as it will save you money!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Most of the newer taps found in motorhomes and caravans have a cartridge in them with a rubber gasket at the bottom of them , this can be replaced for around £15.00 and generally cures alot of dripping taps

Mark

sandyketton

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
South West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Eight years but ten years tugging in an earlier life
Aldi stores have a chrome mixer tap, suitable for low pressure as well, that looks the same as my existing Reich mixer tap.
Price £19.99. Half an hour to fit.
I'm doing mine next week now the frosts have eased off.
Sandy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back