Anyone at Cite De Europe at the moment (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
orridge
May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Possibly but there is never any dashcam footage or evidence of these 30 or 40 people over running the place.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Plenty of room there for 30 or 40, I’ve seen photos where there were many more motorhomes than that there, I wouldn’t call it “overrun”.

OP
OP
orridge
May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Sorry Steve it was "Over-run with 30 or 40 Migrants" but only 2 vans staying there at the moment, dont think I have ever seen only two vans there anytime of the year.

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
We're due to return next week via the tunnel and l guess we will just continue by taking the usual precautions ie making sure one of us is always in the van, park under the lights and if it doesn't feel "right" move to another site nearby. :unsure:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Facebook hysteria once more :think:???
No it’s true. We have some very good friends called in for some last minute shopping and felt quite threatened by them and they left without going in.
I don’t post news like this normally because there’s always someone knows better.
This is not fake news.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I guess this was the post on Searchforsites, apparently posted in November but no mention which day.

”Well, we just pulled in to overnight and last bit of shopping before getting the tunnel crossing early tomorrow. about 6/7, travellers have set up camp in caravans, crap everywhere. Also I have never seen so many migrants looking for easy pickings and making it very obvious, they were everywhere!! we felt very unsafe as they were just hanging around the couple of vans that were there”

I would never park at Cite Europe anyway.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I guess this was the post on Searchforsites, apparently posted in November but no mention which day.

”Well, we just pulled in to overnight and last bit of shopping before getting the tunnel crossing early tomorrow. about 6/7, travellers have set up camp in caravans, crap everywhere. Also I have never seen so many migrants looking for easy pickings and making it very obvious, they were everywhere!! we felt very unsafe as they were just hanging around the couple of vans that were there”

My information was today and no mention of caravans just migrants.
We never overnight nearer than 50kms from the tunnel.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
This was posted 2hrs ago on FB

"Just pulled in to Cite Europe to do our last bit of shopping and to overnight before getting the eurotunnel back to UK early tomorrow morning... the place is overrun by migrants... they were everywhere!!! Making it very obvious that they were eyeing up the couple of vans there... now this place normally has lots more Motorhome's parked up as it's so convenient for the tunnel.. obviously scaring people off.... needless to say we didn't stop, didn't even do the shopping so probably saved us a quite a few €€€ ? so they're obviously back after the French cleared the camps a couple of years ago... I'm not racist in any way whatsoever and I believe in live and let live but it felt very unsafe "

OP
OP
orridge
May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
As was this on the searchforsites review page earlier today.

Well, we just pulled in to overnight and last bit of shopping before getting the tunnel crossing early tomorrow.
about 6/7, travellers have set up camp in caravans, crap everywhere.
Also I have never seen so many migrants looking for easy pickings and making it very obvious, they were everywhere!! we felt very unsafe as they were just hanging around the couple of vans that were there.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
This was posted 2hrs ago on FB

"Just pulled in to Cite Europe to do our last bit of shopping and to overnight before getting the eurotunnel back to UK early tomorrow morning... the place is overrun by migrants... they were everywhere!!! Making it very obvious that they were eyeing up the couple of vans there... now this place normally has lots more Motorhome's parked up as it's so convenient for the tunnel.. obviously scaring people off.... needless to say we didn't stop, didn't even do the shopping so probably saved us a quite a few €€€ ? so they're obviously back after the French cleared the camps a couple of years ago... I'm not racist in any way whatsoever and I believe in live and let live but it felt very unsafe "
That was our friends that posted it and they spend 99% of their time “wild camping” and don’t worry easily.

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
One could play devil's advocate and ask how the original poster knew they were "immigrants".. ? did they have badges or labels :giggle:. Trust me France and Calais has its own home grown ne'er-do-wells riding piggyback on the reputation of others.. just saying

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
If you are really worried go in the side gate behind Lidls and park overnight on the pet passport car park. We have seen quite a few vans there when we are taking an early crossing on the way home.
Cheers
Ed

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.

I stopped on City Europe on Friday night for Saturday crossing, It would appear the "Travellers" are still there. I didn't want to alarm people hence I haven't posted my experiences.

The travellers are English, noisy and disrespectful of all around them.

I am a light sleeper and at 3 am Saturday morning woke up and made a cup of coffee, I decided to sit on the motor home step and have a smoke (i know! I know ! filthy habit:D) any way whilst I was sat there i noticed 3 dark silhouettes moving through the wooded area where the travellers were ensconced.
They appeared to be walking around the gypsee traveller vehicles so I stood up and they then spotted me and casually walked off in the direction from whence they came.

I am not reading anything into my tale but I think all should be alert.(y)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I am amazed that because someone has never seen any trouble they believe it dose not. Well sorry it does happen I have seen it with my own eyes sad thing is plenty of people witnessed what happened and didnt do anything.

Just be vigilant be safe and keep an open mind

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
SWMBO likes Cite Europe and we have quite often overnighted there with some shopping, though its expensive even for france. I much prefer the aire at Bergues, good dog walking and for SWMBO theres a Leclerc and a Lidl just up the road. About 35miles from Calais and a few miles inland so never seen any migrants there.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We try and avoid shopping in France, as it's so expensive. We take enough with us to get to Spain and shop in Mercadona Jaca, before we hit France.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Gravelines for us but always do the shopping at cite Europe.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back