Morelo Palace 2019 (1 Viewer)

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
@OurMoreloLife Peter, I only used 38/40mm and works well, joints at 1.5bsp. Get extra seals online, I have a bagful, good idea to glue in though and I will look at that. Get yourself a hose tail 90 degree bend with matching BSP for your connectors on opposite end. I find this useful for pitch drains, picked it up in a Brico in Spain but on ebay too. I also have a 1.5bsp to 1 inch reducer for the painfully small pitch pipes. And don't worry it does not block up, well it hasn't on mine when I have used it.

I'd worry about a blockage with a hose so narrow (although, the waste coming out is like a very thin slurry so highly unlikely).

Do you have a photo of the 90-degree bend please then I'll look into it. Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
When one of you two gets fed up with your vans,,,,, I’ll give you £1.00 a week,,,,,, just to get it off your drive!! Xxx

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
When one of you two gets fed up with your vans,,,,, I’ll give you £1.00 a week,,,,,, just to get it off your drive!! Xxx
Call me when I get back from Spain in November. The Flair will be up for sale then so start saving it is a steal with all the extras and upgrades, including a fully plumbed front loading washing machine in the bottom of one of the 3 wardrobes, which will secure the first woman viewing.

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I searched and found online the correct parts as used by Morelo to install the original waste hose tube and have now received them (yesterday) Cost was about £25 inc. delivery (took 1 day).

These are 70mm galvanised pipe hangars with rubber pipe supports (other sizes are available so you should be able to get one to fit your tube and hose size) with an M10 threaded nut fixed to it. Using M10 threaded stud (I bought a 1m length) I will use them to hang the hose holders off the underside of the MH floor using the M10 threaded female backplate on the other end of the M10 threaded rod. The holes in the female backplates are rather larger than I wanted but I will use a washer to reduce this to correct the problem.

Parts from: Plumb Basket Ltd, Unit 8, Turnpike Industrial Estate, Turnpike Road, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2LR (https://www.plumbbasket.com/). Really great prices.

1. Rubber Lined Clip, mate/M10 - 70mm SKU: EURO70 x6 pieces £9.00 total

2. M10 Studding x 1m SKU: ST10 x1 piece £1.74 total

3. Female Steel BackplateSKU: EUROBP x6 pieces £6.72 total

This is a far better solution to the one I used initially as it replicates what Morelo did and takes the additional weight off the original hose tube.

See photo below (M10 studding not shown)
IMG_7559.jpg

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Anybody interested in 2019 catalogues will find them here,

I notice that the Palace price has gone up by about 5% and that they now no longer show the option of IVECO Eurocargo on the Palace range only the Palace Liner.

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Thanks Martin, interesting restructuring, and I note that they seem to have switched from Mastervolt as you have predicted. I will go through the list and see how it works against my contracted package the model for which is no longer listed. I could not find the English price list to download, did you?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks Martin, interesting restructuring, and I note that they seem to have switched from Mastervolt as you have predicted. I will go through the list and see how it works against my contracted package the model for which is no longer listed. I could not find the English price list to download, did you?
This is the only one I have seen so far. You mean English as in £?

Martin

EDIT Michael @sallylillian just select English on the web site and it will give you the catalogue in English but € slightly different numbers though only a couple of grand VAT I guess.

Last edited:
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Looks like Morello ,Concorde etc have another competitor raising the
bar

Volkner mobil, no competition as they are well out of Concorde and Morelo price bracket.

Martin

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Call me when I get back from Spain in November. The Flair will be up for sale then so start saving it is a steal with all the extras and upgrades, including a fully plumbed front loading washing machine in the bottom of one of the 3 wardrobes, which will secure the first woman viewing.

I could possibly go to £2.00 a week,,, if you include the washing machine baby!! Lol x

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
It's lovely and any competition has to be a good thing but the size of that thing!
I had enough trouble getting to where I wanted to be in a Morelo Palace and there's just no way that truck would go where I want to be.

Margaritaman

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile C Class
Exp
since 2008
4C8F13EF-C618-41BD-AC8E-449EBC539B83.jpeg
AB0269BF-FCD9-41E4-8731-24E2CC55C276.jpeg
Morelo Palace with Smart Car in garage parked in front of us at Seaburn this morning. I liked the way the push buttons to raise and lower the rear garage door are integrated into the rear light cluster

Reg. M60RLO Owners were not around when we left so didn’t get chance to chat.

Editd Reg No.

Last edited:

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Yes it is us here for a few days on the way back from Germany

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Yes it is us here for a few days on the way back from Germany
Sneaking back with a personal plate is always difficult! By the way have you tackled Morelo on the new Buttner crap that they are trying to foist as premium kit! I am close to canceling if they don't honour my Mastervolt order, Buttner who?

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Sorry Stewart, my browser didn't refresh and show your post, safe travels.

We're off to Normandy area and Quberon next week; fingers crossed for some nice September weather

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Sneaking back with a personal plate is always difficult! By the way have you tackled Morelo on the new Buttner crap that they are trying to foist as premium kit! I am close to canceling if they don't honour my Mastervolt order, Buttner who?
Is it really that different Michael?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Is it really that different Michael?
It is Peter, in their generic form yes they both charge and they both invert at similar levels thats where it ends, battery wise their Lithium offering is much smaller and when you price up like for like there is no difference in price, and I do not know what the basis is for the guts but Mastervolt use Winston which are supposed to be one of the most bombproof. The sophistication of operation is a backward step; as far as I can see no digital programming of functions, limited remote displays, power assist is limited to 3 settings:- 3 amp, 6 amp and 10 amp. Only switchable from the inverter charger in the garage. No remote diagnostics and thats all I can glean from the web site, oh except no servicing dealers Europe wide! I am at the factory next week agreeing the final stuff and will see it but I am not hopeful. Even on the German Liner forum they are saying dont have it and force Morelo to install Mastervolt!

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
They have not contacted me or discussed a change. Email on its way to them. Being honest I don’t really know enough about them to appreciate the difference. I am however impressed with the current mastervolt system. I shall let you know what they get back with.
Just as well we were not trying to be discreet, not just our reg posted but photographic evidence as well.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Does the fact that a photograph of your vehicle, complete with registration number, is uploaded onto an open internet forum Stewart?

I have to say that when I saw the photos (not knowing whose vehicle it was at the time) I thought it an intrusion and personally I wouldn't be happy if it happened to us.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Does the fact that a photograph of your vehicle, complete with registration number, is uploaded onto an open internet forum Stewart?

I have to say that when I saw the photos (not knowing whose vehicle it was at the time) I thought it an intrusion and personally I wouldn't be happy if it happened to us.
It's a worthwhile critique, I am sure the op did not recognize the owner was a member on here, compounded by my identification. There are many times on this forum and others where indiscreet references are posted, sometimes by the owners themselves telling the world that they are absent from their house. Unfortunately it's the downside of today's social media. Your point however is a timely reminder to all on here to be, shall we say more reverent.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back