Are the Ducato / Boxer / Relay cabs all actually the same? (1 Viewer)

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
I'm posting this in the beginners section as I feel this is bit of a newbie question and that I should know the answer to it by now :oops:

Tried searching but couldn't find a definitive answer.

Is the Fiat Ducato cab identical to the Peugeot Boxer / Citroen Relay?

Inside too? Same seats, dashboard, etc?

Is it just the engine and running gear that's different?

If I bought an accessory for one (a headlight, silver screens, etc) are they all interchangeable?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Made in the same factory,,,,Think Peugeot fit different engines on later models but in 90s the diesel engine of choice for all three was the trusty 2.5 turbo or non turbo,,BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Made in the same factory,,,,Think Peugeot fit different engines on later models but in 90s the diesel engine of choice for all three was the trusty 2.5 turbo or non turbo,,BUSBY.
iveco engin or as we know it sofan apart frome the electronics it the same engine
bill

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Great, thanks!

So the same applies on new one too? E.g. All 2016 models of those three are the same?

The major difference is that only Fiat offer an Auto gearbox (Comfortmatic 6 speed). Not an option with the Peugeot or Citroen cab.

Upvote 0

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
My understanding is they are all made in the same factory referred to as Seville factory i.e Fiat, Peugeot and Citroen.

We have a Fiat Ducati X250 (slightly bug eyed version) which to add to the general confusion actually has a Ford engine fitted with a camchain. Ours is the 2.2 100 BHP version. If you go for the 2.3 130 BHP engine I believe that is a Fiat engine and has a cambelt.

Confused it gets worse, latest Peugeot uses Adblue in a 2.0 engine to comply with Euro 6 emission standards while the Fiat I believe still uses a 2.3 with a double EGR valve system to give the same effect regarding emissions (not sure if that is a good ideas as our Fiat has had two replacement EGR’s in the first 8 years of its life.)

They look very similar and probably drive fairly similar but I wouldn’t risk swopping bits between them as I bet most of the bits are different.

Upvote 0

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
P.S. Re read original post, silver screens, floor mats etc should be fine but headlamps, alternators etc wouldn’t risk as may come from different source and some will have to be different to accommodate different engine etc

Upvote 0
Feb 12, 2023
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer 2008
on the older ones yes much the same and the modern ones look much the same
bill
Are the seat fixtures in the peugeot boxer 2008 the same as in a fiat ducato 2006? As I've bought a captain chair and not sure it's gonna be the right one?

Upvote 0
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Are the seat fixtures in the peugeot boxer 2008 the same as in a fiat ducato 2006? As I've bought a captain chair and not sure it's gonna be the right one?
Don't actually know as I have only ever had Talbot and fiat but I don't think that will be far out
Bill

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Basically the same, but as ever devil is in details.
Fiat has lots more options for seats, trim level, leather bits, upgraded dash, different seat boxes, height adjustable seats, passenger seat options, and also infotaiment type systems. Center console, glovebox, airbags and storage can differ. So the cab of a basic boxer will be very different to a well spec'd fiat.
Carpet generally the same, but there are different seat bases.
Silver screens should be same
So if you have a specific question then ask. Not sure I can answer mind you!

Upvote 0
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I had a 2015/16 Fiat X250, now a 2020 Peugeot, as near as I can tell they're identical, though some of the electronic gizmos differ.

Upvote 0
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Same seat fixings, a so called captains chair is just the same standard seat but with two armrests instead of one.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back