Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
HI all
following the really good weekend at Lincoln, SWMBO wants me to get us a flag pole with LED's so we can fly a flag and make it easier to find the van,.

Can anyone recommend a decent pole - about 8 to 9 metres - it needs to be free standing. Also do they come with built in LED's or is that something you need to add each time you put the pole up?

Any advice appreciated!
Richard

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Sounds more like a broadcast antenna at that sort of height!

Why not just get a helium filled balloon to flap about over your M/H? Or use the remote control to flash the lights or something?

or one of these.......

Totem%20Pole%20Tall.jpg

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I've got a 9m Spirit of Air one. Much better quality and more solid than some of the cheaper alternatives. Get a ground spike as well and it's self supporting.

For lights just look for solar powered LED fairy lights on Amazon or eBay. I've never seen a flag pole with them built in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
funnily enough we bought our flag pole from the Lincoln show 2 years ago :)

were there no sellers there this year?

a word of caution ref length though, at 8 - 9m high it will need a hefty spike to hold it upright in anything apart from very hard ground (y)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Make sure you get a stiff one, ooer, as a whip type will bend in the slightest breeze.
I have a couple 7.5m and some solar lights to wind around the poles.
I did see some lights that flashed from bottom to top, looked like a rocket but don't know where to get them.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
a word of caution ref length though, at 8 - 9m high it will need a hefty spike to hold it upright in anything apart from very hard ground

My ground spike is just a standard 4 foot one. Never had any problems but it only really gets used as music festivals so it's not like it's put up every week.

OP
OP
RichardB
Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
were there no sellers there this year?

Yes, but I did my best to keep her away from them!! Now where back at home she's sat googling for flagpoles and lights!!!

Maybe a little smaller might be better - 6m with just a MH Fun flag and a few LEDS...I am now being told that the LED;s also have to flash and do patterns apparently!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I guess it all depends on how rigid you are :)

mine flops around too much

even with my 4' spike, which by the time it has gone far enough in to be of any use is only 3' max

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
Look on Ebay for 5050 dream color 6803, 133 different effects and come 5m or 10m.
also waterproof.

Ray

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Look on Ebay for 5050 dream color 6803, 133 different effects and come 5m or 10m.
also waterproof.
Ray
Exactly what I was looking for - except... where do you plug it in?
The stand ledbulb4U at Lincoln had just sold their last display one - apparently they made up an extension lead & 12v plug - but their price was nearly 3x that of the eBay ones :eek:.
Also... I've read that they don't last that long because the 12v supply from a MH fluctuates... and that you should also get a regulator to provide a steady 12v.

True or not, I know not.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Exactly what I was looking for - except... where do you plug it in?
The stand ledbulb4U at Lincoln had just sold their last display one - apparently they made up an extension lead & 12v plug - but their price was nearly 3x that of the eBay ones :eek:.
Also... I've read that they don't last that long because the 12v supply from a MH fluctuates... and that you should also get a regulator to provide a steady 12v.

True or not, I know not.
12v in-line stabilisers are available that solve the problem.

Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
We had our flag pole and LEDs setup at Lincoln at the weekend (not in the Fun area though) and lots of people asking where we got it from. It's was on a 7m pole which I bought from a show about 4 years ago and we used these LEDs wrapped around the pole and held in place with cable ties.

Amazon product ASIN B01CNS7NP6
Only £11. Make sure you get the waterproof ones and obviously you'll need a small invertor. You'll also need an extension cable like this one to keep the transformer inside the van.

Amazon product ASIN B00JPZK934

Cheers
Alan

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
12v in-line stabilisers are available that solve the problem.
...I know but it all gets a bit complicated (& expensive) for someone who doesn't do wiring... I'm the ultimate plug'n'play customer.
Especially as I know the novelty would wear off in about 10 minutes... a few oohs & aahs then back inside to crack open a beer.
Might manage to dangle a few solar or battery powered fairy lights off the pole one day :cool:.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back