Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
On my Renault Master there is a button marked Kg & when I press it the speedo display lights up'Kg'. The manual says:>

Load position
When the vehicle is driven laden, press the switch on the dashboard. The indicator light will
light up Kg on the instrument panel. Load mode is deselected every time the engine is switched off. It will be necessary to select it again. Load mode may be used to equal
effect in both automatic andmanual modes.

BUT what does it do :Confused::Confused: Tried it on & off but can't tell any differnece.

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
Probably an input into the braking/stability system to give it advance notice that the vehicle is loaded so adjusts the appropriate settings.

Depending on the weight of your MH - if it is close to gross weight - it probably should be pushed every time you start the engine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Found this in Link Removed

The new Master is also provided with additional equipment as standard features or
on option depending on the version and country:
- ESP specially designed for LCVs. It incorporates a load sensing unit that adjusts
brake power to the payload

Another enhancement relative to the previous generation is adaptive ESP for the new
Master. This system, specially designed for light commercial vehicles, includes a load
detection unit which adapts system response to vehicle load to ensure the driver of
sound vehicle behaviour in all conditions of use.

Could the control that you are talking about be the input to the ESP system.

OP
OP
Kon tiki

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Got this reply from Renault:
'I can confirm that the KG button on your Renault Master motor home is used to alter the gear box settings when you add additional weight to your vehicle. Therefore when you add any additional weight to the vehicle you must use the KG button.'

I can understand that it could be used to change how my gearbox performs as it is an automatic, but the handbook says
'Load mode may be used to equal effect in both automatic andmanual modes.'
I don't see how it would change any setting on a manual gearbox :RollEyes:

Tried it on & off & I can't tell any noticable difference does anybody else with a Renault use it?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
'Load mode may be used to equal effect in both automatic andmanual modes.'
I don't see how it would change any setting on a manual gearbox :RollEyes:

a long shot, but there may be a reduction gear on the input or output shaft of the gearbox.

similar to the old fashioned overdrive gear on manual boxes but reducing gearing slightly instead of increasing it.

this would also work on an autobox.

you could check by noting revs to speedo in a given gear...say 3rd...Stop, then flick the switch on and set off again checking revs against speed in 3rd again.

only thing i can think of.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back