What do the panel think EZA power packs (1 Viewer)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think at the moment they are very expensive lithium power pack, in the future they may be the norm.

Martin

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
From Roadpro website:

Designed in France, the EZA 12V Lithium power-pack system is the ultimate power source for anyone who relies on 12 volts when living in a vehicle or boat. An EZA system has none of the disadvantages associated with lead-acid batteries, providing reliable 12V power whenever it’s needed. It simply replaces the existing batteries, it won’t require maintenance and, even if 50 Amps is used every single day, it should last for well over 20 years.

The batteries used in EZA power-packs are LiFePO4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate) and are the safest type of lithium batteries. They will not overheat and, even when punctured, do not catch fire.

EZA130 £2,795.00

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
The best write up I've come upon is Technomadia's report on them here:-
http://www.technomadia.com/lithium/
You'll find several articles Chris has written about his experience with them, he even runs a/c with the help of a good deal of solar power. and I love his bus.....(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
The best write up I've come upon is Technomadia's report on them here:-
http://www.technomadia.com/lithium/
You'll find several articles Chris has written about his experience with them, he even runs a/c with the help of a good deal of solar power. and I love his bus.....(y)
Interesting! Thanks for the link.
The EZA pack does seem very expensive but surely should start to come down in price as this type of cell is used more for automotive applications.
In the long term they might be well worth consideration as standard lead acid batteries seem to cause continuous problems in motorhome and caravan use.
If the price was sensible I would definitely consider them.

Richard.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
as standard lead acid batteries seem to cause continuous problems in motorhome

That is a tad "lead batteryist"...

I don't have "continuous problems" with my motorhome batteries.

I am aware that living in my van means that my batteries, like my tyres and oil filter etc, need replacing now and again.

£2795 buys more than enough lead acid batteries to last me until I die.

If the price drops significantly, then fair enough, but at the moment, my view is it would be very difficult to make a case for buying one.

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Handy if you need to save weight, one is lighter than an equivalent lead acid battery but produces 12v power down to around 5% so is almost equal to two lead acid , dump two domestic lead acid and get one of these.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back