Help fridge not working dometic RMT 7651 (1 Viewer)

michpiggy

Free Member
Aug 8, 2015
West lancashire
Funster No
MH
Elddis advante 285
Exp
2 and 1/2 years of owning a motorhome.... 12 years owning a touring caravan
Hi all I am in need of some help.
Started to pack the moho yesterday ready for the off very soon and the fridge wont work.
We thought it was down to being empty and very warm out side so we turned it off over night and tried again today but no it wont work at all on electric or on gas.. the freezer however does seem to be getting slightly cooler.

Thanks in advance

Michelle

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
It takes up to 5 hours for the fridge to get cold - probably even longer in this heat.
The freezer does get cold before the fridge.
We normally turn our fridge on at least 2-3 days before we need it.

OP
OP
michpiggy

michpiggy

Free Member
Aug 8, 2015
West lancashire
Funster No
MH
Elddis advante 285
Exp
2 and 1/2 years of owning a motorhome.... 12 years owning a touring caravan
The fridge had been on a full day and still not even cool

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Our dometic fridge us playing up whilst we are at the York meet . I'm being assured it's due to the warm weather :( I do hope so but I'm not convinced . The freezer section is ok bit the fridge itself if just not getting cold :( . Sorry I can't be of any help . Hoping a Funster will be along to offer some advice for you x

When we put our fridge on to go on our travels we always put it on a few days before we are due to set off and we also put alitre bottle of frozen milk in the freezer compartment . This helps .
Kate x

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I used to put the fridge on for a day or so before travelling also put frozen ice packs in to help.
We are in France and very hot, the fridge packed up-gas, hubby cleaned out a load of soot from round the gas jet and it took the fridge nearly a week to recover-because of the heat and the fridge having to cool down what was already in there!

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
It might be I need of s service
I had a semi blocked jet. Nice man came to the site and fixed it

I had a flame but it didn't roar when you put your ear next to it , hence small flame = warm fridge

New jet and now you can hear a roar from the flame = cool fridge

£75 call out fix and service vs £800 fridge = result

Hope yours is similar

Ps the fridge had been serviced the season before, l suspect disturbing it had dislodged the dirt that appeared in the newish jet

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
We experienced probs with our fridge whilst at Fairford Airshow...quite breezy blowing directly into the large fridge vents, carbon monoxide smell in the van, so I suspected poor sealing around the rear of the fridge.
I was certain we'd parked with the vents into the wind before without smelling the CO...anyway, we turned the van around and the CO smell had all but disappeared.
There didn't appear to be any loss of fridge cooling.
Upon our return I decided to service the gas side of the fridge, I've done this on several fridges in the past. Lots of sooty crud around the burner, and the flue was extremely dirty with rust and soot. The jet looked clean as new, and a magnifying glass observation of the jet orifice confirmed that, so it did not get replaced.
I also tried to close off as much leakage around the rear of the fridge as I could reach using pipe lagging and a bit of sealant.
My fridge is a 7000 series, with the large freezer above, and the flue gases (CO) are just allowed to exit into the ventilation gap behind the fridge. I think this exacerbates and perhaps creates the problems that many experience re: CO fumes in the van.

regards

Allen

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
We experienced probs with our fridge whilst at Fairford Airshow...quite breezy blowing directly into the large fridge vents, carbon monoxide smell in the van, so I suspected poor sealing around the rear of the fridge.
I was certain we'd parked with the vents into the wind before without smelling the CO...anyway, we turned the van around and the CO smell had all but disappeared.
Upon our return I decided to service the gas side of the fridge, I've done this on several fridges in the past. Lots of sooty crud around the burner, and the flue was extremely dirty with rust and soot. The jet looked clean as new, and a magnifying glass observation of the jet orifice confirmed that, so it did not get replaced.
I also tried to close off as much leakage around the rear of the fridge as I could reach using pipe lagging and a bit of sealant.
My fridge is a 7000 series, with the large freezer above, and the flue gases (CO) are just allowed to exit into the ventilation gap behind the fridge. I think this exacerbates and perhaps creates the problems that many experience re: CO fumes in the van.

regards

Allen

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp

regards

Allen

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
That's a 1st...multiple postings...no idea how that happened...but I'm getting loads of script errors, but only on MHF...what's happening ?

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
Hi all I am in need of some help.
Started to pack the moho yesterday ready for the off very soon and the fridge wont work.
We thought it was down to being empty and very warm out side so we turned it off over night and tried again today but no it wont work at all on electric or on gas.. the freezer however does seem to be getting slightly cooler.

Thanks in advance

Michelle
if you take off the top fridge vent and feel around the fins at the top of the fridge and they are very hot then suspect a blockage or airlock in the coolant pipework as the refridgerant isnt circulating . you can sometimes fix this temporarily by taking the frigde out and leaving it upside down for 24 hours .

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Our van was parked fridge side on to the full glare of the sun yesterday and the fridge stopped cooling, the freezer was ok though. I'd just cleaned the flue and burner before we went to Upton Blues, so I'm hoping it's just the affects of high ambient temperatures.
I don't think you can smell CO, you're probably smelling the results of incomplete combustion, but either way, you did right sealing around the fridge.

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
You can fit a extractor fan to the inside face of the top vent which does help to remove warm air and fumes if there is any from behind the fridge. A 12v fan off ebay for between £10 to £20 should make a big difference to the fridge temperature.

Jul 26, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
since 1999
Just a thought but i gather your moho is level on your drive! if not level her up and try again, they can be very sensitive if not level(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back