Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Just had a new stainless steel exhaust made up today.
The old one had holed on the side exit extension pipe. This was a Chausson fitted part and I didn't really have the appetite to have to deal with a dealership parts department or wait until the next century for the part to come!

The easy solution was to visit Demand Engineering in Stonham Aspal, near Ipswich for a new system.
Shell and I had already decided that we are keeping the Chausson until it no longer goes, so investing in a stainless exhaust system seemed logical.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I turned up at their workshop this morning for my appointment to be greeted with the offer of a cuppa! Good start!

We got the van onto their 4 tonne ramp and work commenced, I made it known I was an engineer myself and I hope it didn't put Dave under too much pressure whilst I hovered and watched, but he did a brilliant job and I am well pleased with the results!

We opted for a 45 degree downsweep to the exit pipe. This hopefully will prevent ingress of water when the van is parked up for long periods. Also, Dave thoughtfully ensured the whole 'tail pipe; assembly had a fall all the way from the silencer to avoid the same problem.

Demand Engineering are agents for 'Longlife' range of exhausts and components and their exhaust systems carry a lifetime, transferrable warranty.

Just need to get to the Alps now to do a tunnel test, though I don't think the Tranny is going to sound like a Ferrari!!!!!!

http://demandengineering.co.uk/

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
20150121_100229.jpg
20150121_141001.jpg
20150121_141014.jpg

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
The pics aren't the ones I would have chosen to post, especially after a drive home on salty roads!
The exhaust was so shiny and new looking before I left too!!!!

I took others, but they were so out of focus that they weren't worth showing!!!:doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I must add, Demand Engineering are located in a former farmyard, now small industrial estate.

There is a waiting room for those of you wish to wait, although the offer of a run into town was there if you wish to do some shopping whilst you wait,
The grounds are quite large and there is plenty of room to exercise a dog whilst you wait.

My entire system took about 3 1/2 hours.

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Worth knowing. Not far from us so when the time comes I will investigate. Was it expensive ?
Phil

Not a huge amount of change from £300 Phil, but I'll never need another.

To put it in context, the best price for the front section alone as a standard pattern part was £70. Add to that having to have a tailpipe made anyway, I thought it was quite good value especially when you consider the lifetime warranty.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back