Transit passenger fuse box (1 Viewer)

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
After replacing the battery I found that the radio and reversing camera have no power so I thought I'd start with the fuses.

According to my manual on my Transit (09 plate) the radio fuse is number 73 in he passenger fuse box behind the glove box.

Problem is, it doesn't really look anything like the one in he manual and the fuses only go up to 62 (I think). There's also no little icon of a radio in the picture printed in the lid of the fusebox so I think it must be elsewhere. Where do I look now?

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
If you look at page 108 or 109 in the handbook it looks like the passenger compartment box is behind the standard relay box, the passenger compartment box holds fuses 63 to 83.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
hi again tim, I think you are looking in the relay box.. fuses in there go to 62. that unit unclips and swings down to reveal the passenger junction box behind it, and think as you said the fuse no 73 in there is for radio power supply.
if the radio has lost power you will also need to re code it to get it working
ta andy

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
This caught us out when our rear lights fused you have to fold down one fusebox the other is behind it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
timdownieuk
Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ah, I did wonder about a hidden box behind the one I was looking out but I couldn't see how to fold it down. I'll have another look in day light. Cheers.

OP
OP
timdownieuk
Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
This caught us out when our rear lights fused you have to fold down one fusebox the other is behind it

Well I've had a good look but darned if I can work out how any part of this fuse box folds down. I freed a few clips bit nothing loosened or became slideable or hinged. :-( I feel a trip to the ford dealer comming on.

Incidentally, I lost a set of keys last night. This was where I found them this afternoon!

image.jpg

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
You are looking at the fusebox behind the glovebox inside the van not the one in the engine bay?

David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Well I've had a good look but darned if I can work out how any part of this fuse box folds down. I freed a few clips bit nothing loosened or became slideable or hinged. :-( I feel a trip to the ford dealer comming on.

Incidentally, I lost a set of keys last night. This was where I found them this afternoon!

View attachment 51161
lucky you, that no one else found them... done the same myself lol
the relay box will unclip and swing down.. it is awkward but there are two plastic clips at the top sides I think, which you push in and it releases the relay box to pivot down. good light will help spot them.
ta andy

OP
OP
timdownieuk
Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Finally watched a YouTube clip, braved the elements and got the fuse box open! Woohoo!

Everything working and radio re-coded, despite the crap Ford instructions. ;-)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back