What is your most annoying "on site" thing? (7 Viewers)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Went to Spain earlier this year, found a lovely place to stop right on the beach - pretty peaceful there :cool: Anywhere else you suggest not to go ? :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Will rephrase that then...if you want peace and quiet do not go on a Spanish camp site full of Spanish...I love to watch and hear them. If i have Spanish neighbours it means i dont have to tip toe around and switch my telly off at midnight. BUSBY:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Went to Spain earlier this year, found a lovely place to stop right on the beach - pretty peaceful there :cool: Anywhere else you suggest not to go ? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Apart from the 500€ fine as it is totally illegal everywhere in Spain. Just that they don't enforce it much but it comes as a shock when they occasionally have a purge !
That in itself is a problem. How do you define "late at night"?

After I've gone to sleep. :sneaky:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Will rephrase that then...if you want peace and quiet do not go on a Spanish camp site full of Spanish...I love to watch and hear them. If i have Spanish neighbours it means i dont have to tip toe around and switch my telly off at midnight. BUSBY:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
I wish i would have to go to Poland to hear the locals speak all around me, but i just walk down our high street and think i am there:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Dogs that pee up your wind break,,,usually on the end of those stupid dog leads on a fishing reel. If i owned a site i would ban those stupid leads. BUSBY:D:D
LOL mE too Busby. I am forever being tripped up by them at shows ... aaaaaaaaagh ... I dread to think what people who are blind or thereabouts must go through.. These people with the leads don't even seem to watch where the dogs are wandering off to.

Last edited:

andeb

Free Member
Dec 9, 2012
On the road
Funster No
MH
Euramobil 665HS
Exp
Since 2008
Has been mentioned before but people do need reminding that drivers (car, motorhome, motorcycle and scooter) who completely disregard campsite speed limits, p**s an awful lot of people off !!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Really?

JJ :cool:
Yes it comes under the 'Ley de la Costa' the 1989 law prohibiting buildings within certain distances of high water mark (that they are now applying retrospectively ,even though that is illegal under there own Spanish constitution ).

It states " prohíbe estacionar a cualquier tipo de vehículo EN LAS PLAYAS."
Prohibited to park ANY type of vehicle on the beaches.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
We usually get pitched next to Mr & Mrs Deaf with their TV on incinerate. Why people want to sit indoors on a lovely sunny day escapes me. You see vans arrive on site and almost before they've plugged in EHU the dish is performing like a Whirling Dervish. Oh, and in Europe, blokes in budgie smugglers.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Apart from the 500€ fine as it is totally illegal everywhere in Spain. Just that they don't enforce it much but it comes as a shock when they occasionally have a purge !

After I've gone to sleep. :sneaky:
Please enlighten me ? what is illegal all over Spain ?

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
People wearing beige, it really offends me.

I know really nice happy friends yet they put on a pair of beige trousers and instantly turn into miserable gits.
... and I thought we were getting on so well. :cry: Maybe it was cold enough at Malvern that I'd swapped from the beige (I think they call it 'Sand') Craghoppers to the slate coloured ones.

Actually, I think they might be a bit too light in colour to fully qualify as beige. Is fawn just a bad? I have trousers of every shade from cream through fawn to beige to various shades of brown.

I do also have some in black, blue, grey & green. There's even a pair in a sort of burnt orange colour I used to wear on (& occasionally off) stage. I'll have to choose my wardrobe with more care when I next see your name on the same rally list.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Yes it comes under the 'Ley de la Costa' the 1989 law prohibiting buildings within certain distances of high water mark (that they are now applying retrospectively ,even though that is illegal under there own Spanish constitution ).

It states " prohíbe estacionar a cualquier tipo de vehículo EN LAS PLAYAS."
Prohibited to park ANY type of vehicle on the beaches.

Please forgive me for being a little slow here but how does a "law" prohibiting parking any type of vehicle on the beaches mean it is "totally illegal everywhere in Spain"?

JJ :cool:

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
I was never parked on the beach, when i stated we were right on the beach it was a figure of speech - but the only thing that was in between us and the sea was a picket fence and about 20ft - No clubs/Pubs/discos/shops - HEAVEN !

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Do sometimes wonder what the obsession is with panel van owners and the constant door slamming.

I've been guilty of occasional door slamming as we can't lock the vehicle without all the doors being firmly shut - sometimes the gentle closing of doors doesn't work and the central locking doesn't engage. Any suggestions on how to improve the locking system would be appreciated; I've already cleaned the contacts but that did not solve it fully.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Mmmmm - beige LOL

You CAN wear it provided YOU are not beige too. Ditto grey.

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Business opportunity

Seriously 'Funsters', I see a business opportunityeveryone has A senior citizens site with no children, no dogs, no smokers, high voltage electric fences surrounding pitches and hard standing with gates with security codes and no sound at all but the hiss of posh barbecues, the rumble of generators and the softly competing satellite T.V. Channels.:shout:
Meanwhile, I am seriously considering retiring from my current profession and running a site. You may not wish to visit. There will be no defined pitches and children, dogs and acoustic instruments will be actively encouraged. The daylight would ideally ring with the sounds of the excited whoops of children as they play together and yes, the occasional gentle thump of a ball, frisbee or kite on the tent or van. ( What are these big posh motorhomes made of? Tinfoil?) At night the campers would be encouraged to gather round the fire to jam with their acoustic instruments. ( One site I stayed at gave you free camping if you played music and welcomed others to your fire-good idea I thought.:thumb:)

Now calm down,I wouldn't want anyone to get trampled in the rush to book.
Happy camping.:winky:
I know of a site in Norfolk just like that but it only opens for the 6 week summer holiday,we used to love going but as everone

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
As I was saying....as everyone has fires and my breathing is not good we now stay away.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Mmmmm - beige LOL

Phew! That's all right then. :)

Thought I was going to have to throw half my clothes away.:(

I am getting a bit worried though. Step-daughter did comment to her mother that she thought I'd gone a bit beige lately. I think she was referring to my clothes! :unsure:

She did buy me a very nice blue & pink striped shirt though, which strangely enough is brighter than anything I've ever seen her wear. I'll have to drop some more hints for Christmas. ;)

It goes nicely with my pale pink jacket, which I wear whenever I get the opportunity. So I'm not entirely beige just yet.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Mmmmm - beige LOL

:eek: But I love grey, it's one of my fave colours........just not for hair:D

tbh I'm not sure what colour my hair really is these days it's never seen the light of day for many a year:D

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I've been guilty of occasional door slamming as we can't lock the vehicle without all the doors being firmly shut - sometimes the gentle closing of doors doesn't work and the central locking doesn't engage. Any suggestions on how to improve the locking system would be appreciated; I've already cleaned the contacts but that did not solve it fully.
Matty, why not start another thread with the question HOW DO I ... I am sure you will get lots of suggestions. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back