What have you broken on your motorhome this week? (1 Viewer)

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Kin pump is running but no water coming out of the tap. YES the tank is full.:cautious::cautious:
Our pvc has a submersible pump in it , biggest pile of crap and a pain in the ass to get water running through it again after emptying the taps of water for winter storage . Maybe yours also has a submersible pump , to get ours re primed and going again I have to connect a short piece of hose to the tap , turn on the pump , place the other end of the hose in my mouth , and try to Syphon the water up the tap then quickly drop that hose end to ground level where hopefully the water will start flowing again, once primed the pump then works as normal.

PrettyandFluffy

Free Member
May 17, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote G730
Exp
About 5 years
Not you then? :)

But on the subject of blinds I think they are all fitted upside down. On ours, and I think every other, the solid blind comes from the bottom and the net blind from the top. For shading out the sun it should be the other way round. I keep meaning to see if they can be inverted - but I won't try that while we are away! Not a good time to break them.
Yes, but - you can have them open a bit for light whilst still having some privacy in the morning, having binned the curtains.

Haxby

Free Member
Jun 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Knaus SkyTi
Early year camping trip and water just kept leaking out the bottom. &^%$%" we've split a pipe somewhere, I said. Weekend spent filling a kettle from the campsite tap. Called out help, who pushed a nifty button in the hot water tank drain tap. He explained it jumps out deliberately below some temperature (which I've forgotten). Ā£95.00 call out to learn we don't have a split pipe. Turns out the manual does kind of tell you all that, but in a mangle translation from German to English that could have meant anything. Can't complain, a happy ending after all.:LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Not in reality. From my understanding itā€™s a new van, and itā€™s all been working ok. Then suddenly youā€™ve got no water but the pump is operating. I donā€™t know what system youā€™ve got (either operated by switch in each tap, or pressure drop)

can you get access to the pump, or to the top of the water tank?
Yes access to the top of the tank is under a panel in the cab floor. In fact it's how i fill it as i don't use that Whale system.
Top of the tank is a 5", 6" screw top. I can hear the pump but cannot locate it.
Could it be i may not be level?? Although i am sure it's worked when not level other times.
Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Our pvc has a submersible pump in it , biggest pile of crap and a pain in the ass to get water running through it again after emptying the taps of water for winter storage . Maybe yours also has a submersible pump , to get ours re primed and going again I have to connect a short piece of hose to the tap , turn on the pump , place the other end of the hose in my mouth , and try to Syphon the water up the tap then quickly drop that hose end to ground level where hopefully the water will start flowing again, once primed the pump then works as normal.
Crickey. I don't know where my pump is but i can clearly hear it.
Being a new van i am not sure about the submersible thing. I can see into the tank and even run my hand around it inside, no sign of a pump.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Potentially the pump is outside the tank and it just has a pipe running into the tank to pickup the water. Would be nice to be able to find the pump and check the pipes to and from it are connected ok.

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Not you then? :)

But on the subject of blinds I think they are all fitted upside down. On ours, and I think every other, the solid blind comes from the bottom and the net blind from the top. For shading out the sun it should be the other way round. I keep meaning to see if they can be inverted - but I won't try that while we are away! Not a good time to break them.
Our blinds and sun screens work as you say they should not ie solid blinds pull downwards and screen mesh blinds pull upwards.
2000 ci fiat ducato coachbuilt overcab bed motorhome, 22 years old.

Reactions: DBK

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Crickey. I don't know where my pump is but i can clearly hear it.
Being a new van i am not sure about the submersible thing. I can see into the tank and even run my hand around it inside, no sign of a pump.
Deffo sounds like you have an external pump then , which I find are better / easier to rectify any problems

Aug 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugot Boxer
Exp
best to start a new thread and describe whats working and whats not and where youve found power to the fridge does it work on gas etc
We worked out what it was, and had it repaired!

Mar 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
pergeot Boxer L3H2
VItrifrigo fridge well havnt broken but the darn thing has decided to stop working in a heatwave in Spain šŸ‡ŖšŸ‡ø and Portugal šŸ‡µšŸ‡¹ No cold šŸ· or šŸŗšŸ˜«

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
VItrifrigo fridge well havnt broken but the darn thing has decided to stop working in a heatwave in Spain šŸ‡ŖšŸ‡ø and Portugal šŸ‡µšŸ‡¹ No cold šŸ· or šŸŗšŸ˜«
S*d that, what about the smuggled bacon and sausages! :oops:

Jun 12, 2020
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138 Compact
Exp
Since 2017
The cardinal rule.......she is right and I am wrong.

Jul 11, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro T486
Exp
Since August 2020
Offside rear reflector carelessly caught on car number plate and then following day, nearside running light carelessly caught on house, carefully avoiding car number plate

Anjistar

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2020
South West
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
2 months in 2017, continually since October 2020
The Dometic freezer compartment door. It is a small flap that has a magnet to hold it open when you're trying to get stuff out. And I have often forgotten to lower it after. Now I've managed to break one of the tiny plastic doodads that work as a hinge.. It still closes, but is likely to fall off any second.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
We
The Dometic freezer compartment door. It is a small flap that has a magnet to hold it open when you're trying to get stuff out. And I have often forgotten to lower it after. Now I've managed to break one of the tiny plastic doodads that work as a hinge.. It still closes, but is likely to fall off any second.
Well the whole of the front door fell off out Dometic:rolleyes:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Not me but Southern water contractors manage to put a few minute splashes of concret on the front of my van that we had to clean off.
Got Ā£75 comensation out of them.

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
Dometic freezer door lock. She said "I can't open this, you'll have to do it". I said "it's frozen up, just needs a wiggle and a bit manly force". CRACK. It opened but the lock hook is no longer connected to its buttons. We'll it's staying like that till we get back home next month.

Aug 5, 2012
Hitchin
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 644.
Exp
since 1970's
I did a quick search and was amazed to find that this "sister" thread didn't already exist. So, who's going to start the ball rolling?:D

Tim
Window broke when i opened it, duel oven/ grill knob, when you turn one off the other one lights, and also the fridge on gas tried to kill me. Apart from that a lovely day:oops::sym:
John.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Just drove 9 miles to the MH in storage to fit some shelves in the garage......................forgot the bloody keys ain't i.
Oops
Had to go back to ours yesterday as i had left my specs in the van, did have some at home but prefer the ones i the van.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
:crying::doh: Had the shower Speedcoated back in 2018 and while expensive, I couldnā€™t fault it, however there has been a ā€œblowbackā€œ up the drain pipe from the grey tank, that had bleach in it to give it a clean and somehow it run back up the pipe and flooded part of the shower tray, so now Iā€™ve a stripy tray and not all clean and glowing.

No damage as such to the Speedcoat, but on chatting with them and sending pictures, there ainā€™t nought I can do, less getting it resprayed back to the full colour ā˜¹ļø
C99F4156-1CC3-416F-BBAF-E59FA4DFCE01.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back