What have you broken on your motorhome this week? (1 Viewer)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Thanks for the link @Techno I thought we would have trouble getting one but popped into Dyce Caravans and they asked how many I wanted - apparently break very easily, 1st time for ours - cost £12.50. We were away but only had a couple of things in the freezer.

Edit to say that despite trying I still haven't managed to get a replacement tiny light for the fridge.
Lots of spares for Dometic. Testament to how rubbish they are

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
But on the subject of blinds I think they are all fitted upside down. On ours, and I think every other, the solid blind comes from the bottom and the net blind from the top. For shading out the sun it should be the other way round. I keep meaning to see if they can be inverted - but I won't try that while we are away! Not a good time to break them.

Not quite. On our van they both drop from the top - first the solid blind, then the fly screen. That way you can use the solid blind on the upper or lower part of the window. :)

Oh, and the totally superfluous curtains were removed and packed away from day 1. :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
timdownieuk
Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Not you then? :)

But on the subject of blinds I think they are all fitted upside down. On ours, and I think every other, the solid blind comes from the bottom and the net blind from the top. For shading out the sun it should be the other way round. I keep meaning to see if they can be inverted - but I won't try that while we are away! Not a good time to break them.

I could post my wife's faux pas but that would be cheating really. ;-) (See fibreglass repair thread in tech/mech).

Our blinds both pull down so there are alternatives.

Tim

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
timdownieuk
Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Not quite. On our van they both drop from the top - first the solid blind, then the fly screen. That way you can use the solid blind on the upper or lower part of the window. :)

Oh, and the totally superfluous curtains were removed and packed away from day 1. :D

Just done the same. Stupid bl**dy things that were always pulling off their hooks anyway. Totally superfluous as you say.

Apr 9, 2015
🇵🇹
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Every day a schoolday
Our central locking remote fobs. Both mine and his no longer work since being parked up on a campsite on Wednesday :mad: ???

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I blame the bloody shitty Portuguese roads for our issue, got to an Aire the other day and discovered the top air vent above our fridge freezer has disappeared!! I wondered how the hell could it fall off but then again the non toll roads in Portugal are so bad that we have literally rattled our way from one destination to the next most days! And don't even get me started on their love of cobbled roads in the towns and villages. I'm not sure what is worse, driving over them or cycling over them!! What I wouldn't give for some smooth Tarmac :(

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Broke the number plate holder off my brand new luggage carrier trying to turn round and putting the whole back end up a bank - then getting stuck on it! Boohoo:cry:

Apr 9, 2015
🇵🇹
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Every day a schoolday
The little red lights in both the fobs light up when pressed - so if batteries exhausted, would they still light?

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
After 10 days away with no mishaps...managed to destroy one of Ginny's newly planted up plant pots reversing up the drive. Needless to say it was her fault for putting it there :mad:. (as opposed to mine for being too far to the left) :rolleyes:.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Finally fitted the Whale pressure switch yesterday and now I have no 12v lights on the L/H side.

The wiring inside this van resembles that mess on the "back to the future" Delorean, so I suppose that's another half a day lost trying to trace through while hoping there's a blown fuse somewhere. :LOL:

Apr 9, 2015
🇵🇹
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Every day a schoolday
Handbook confirms that radio interference can be an issue. The other issue is that we don't appear to have the "code" for the keys :(

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Broke a brake pip on master cylinder will Make up a new copper one
Bill

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
The cap that goes over the windscreen wiper arm nut decided to part company somewhere in Germany.
As I was just down the road from Morelo I went to see if I could purchase a new pair but not expecting them to have any as it’s an Iveco part, what where the chances of the girl coming back with a pair and saying no charge as it’s under warranty😁😁
Call that a result👍

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
Won't go into what I've previously broke but yesterday broke the blind clip that holds the two slide up and down window blinds. Appreciate more posts to also make me feel good, I can then show to management.

Cherub

Free Member
Sep 24, 2020
Glen Prosen, Angus, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
Since 2009
The lock on our Electrolux fridge, again. Twice in as many days and also previously. However, on balance, hubby left water filler cap at Broadings 2 weeks ago. Got a new one coming tomorrow.

Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
Scratched the hab windows on both sides by scraping down overgrown bloody hedges...

Bill T

Free Member
May 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Duetto
Well I didn't actually break it but front bumper looked a bit wonky so asked local garage to check it. Due back today so that I could go to C&CC Photogroup meet this weekend.
Garage owner asked me to come down to look, front end rotten needs new panels fabricating and welding. Back sometime next week - going to be expensive!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back