LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Love Dornfelder when in Germany but it definitely doesn't travel! It's horrible once you get it home!
It's like that with a lot of wines from all countries.

Made a mistake on the Mosel, went to a vineyard did some wine tasting, it was a lovely place. We came away 60 quid lighter. That was quite a lot at the time 21 years ago.
When we got home it was horrible.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp

Made a mistake on the Mosel, went to a vineyard did some wine tasting, it was a lovely place. We came away 60 quid lighter. That was quite a lot at the time 21 years ago.
We fell into that trap on one of our first trips to Spain. We were drinking the sub one euro "bricks" so decided to take some back with us.

They aren't the best wines but the taste difference when drunk in the sun compared to drinking the stuff on a wet day in the UK was huge. :)

OP
OP
Wanders from Glos
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
We fell into that trap on one of our first trips to Spain. We were drinking the sub one euro "bricks" so decided to take some back with us.

They aren't the best wines but the taste difference when drunk in the sun compared to drinking the stuff on a wet day in the UK was huge. :)
Ha ha we have done the same.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wanders from Glos
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
The CCP last night was very quiet and we both had a good sleep. We had a quick walk around the marina and then on towards home. It's a decent stopover and the town was worth exploring.

tempImageP1wPxO.jpg

We are now parked up in Gravelines. The weather is a mixture of sun and rain, definitely feeling colder too. The journey was fine, despite an absence of coffee stops, we have been spoiled by Germany. We walked into the town and bought a few bits and bobs to take home and are now looking at the view out of the window while setting up the satellite to watch Wales v Argentina.

tempImageT1Ini2.jpg

So that's it for this trip. In the past we have found the travelogues of others useful so thought it was time to follow suit. We hope you have enjoyed the blog and please do offer feedback good or bad. It takes a bit of time to do so let it will be useful to know whether it is worth doing again when we return to Europe next year.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
The CCP last night was very quiet and we both had a good sleep. We had a quick walk around the marina and then on towards home. It's a decent stopover and the town was worth exploring.

View attachment 822809

We are now parked up in Gravelines. The weather is a mixture of sun and rain, definitely feeling colder too. The journey was fine, despite an absence of coffee stops, we have been spoiled by Germany. We walked into the town and bought a few bits and bobs to take home and are now looking at the view out of the window while setting up the satellite to watch Wales v Argentina.

View attachment 822810

So that's it for this trip. In the past we have found the travelogues of others useful so thought it was time to follow suit. We hope you have enjoyed the blog and please do offer feedback good or bad. It takes a bit of time to do so let it will be useful to know whether it is worth doing again when we return to Europe next year.
Enjoyed the blog, thank you👍

Holly's mum

Funster
Jan 29, 2017
nr Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I've enjoyed following your travels, so thank you for taking the time. We failed part way through our Italy blog in the summer and I think part of it was we didn't get much feedback, so weren't sure if people were following or interested. It does take time to do, I find the photo's take the longest, to get them to a useable size and then choose which ones to use. I am trying to finish our blog off as a couple of people did ask us to complete it but I am not sure that we will do another one :unsure:

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I've enjoyed following your travels, so thank you for taking the time. We failed part way through our Italy blog in the summer and I think part of it was we didn't get much feedback, so weren't sure if people were following or interested. It does take time to do, I find the photo's take the longest, to get them to a useable size and then choose which ones to use. I am trying to finish our blog off as a couple of people did ask us to complete it but I am not sure that we will do another one :unsure:
How did I miss that? it would be useful to do a blog of lesser travelled countries, I really ought to be a bit more observant as I like a bit of info on other countries other than say France (everybody and their mother has been there) ditto Germany, but it’s far more interesting. I enjoyed Jane And Rog blog earlier on in year on lesser travelled countries, I’m gonna go look for your Italian blog later and give it a read.
i take my hat off to anyone who takes the time to interrupt their travels to bring us a bit of insight to their trip👍 so thanks to all of them👍

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now

Same for UK wines. Did a tasting session on a vinyard near Henley. There were two which I really likes so bought a couple of bottles of each. When I opened them a few months later they were awful and tasted nothing like the tasting session.
Wanders from Glos really enjoyed following the thread as we visited a few of the places earlier in Sept

OP
OP
Wanders from Glos
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
How did I miss that? it would be useful to do a blog of lesser travelled countries, I really ought to be a bit more observant as I like a bit of info on other countries other than say France (everybody and their mother has been there) ditto Germany, but it’s far more interesting. I enjoyed Jane And Rog blog earlier on in year on lesser travelled countries, I’m gonna go look for your Italian blog later and give it a read.
i take my hat off to anyone who takes the time to interrupt their travels to bring us a bit of insight to their trip👍 so thanks to all of them👍
Thanks you blog was good so please don’t give up. I agree Jane And Rog blog was good too.

OP
OP
Wanders from Glos
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
Same for UK wines. Did a tasting session on a vinyard near Henley. There were two which I really likes so bought a couple of bottles of each. When I opened them a few months later they were awful and tasted nothing like the tasting session.
Wanders from Glos really enjoyed following the thread as we visited a few of the places earlier in Sept
The is a vineyard near our home called Woodchester Wine that has recently been voted the best Sauvignon Blanc in the world in a blind tasting if experts. Their wine is very good. Another we like is produced by Lyme Bay.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
As you know I really enjoyed your blog, but I totally get Holly's mum too … sometimes lack of feedback can make you question if it’s worth while as well as posting for family and friends. For photos I go into attach files then photos on iPhone select the ones I want then use options to change file size to ‘large’ and upload them all at once. It’s pretty quick.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Not sure what you mean by "useable size" for photos. You can upload full sized photos and the Forum software does the resizing. I think there is an upper limit for file size but it's something around 10Mb.

Sorry about your lack of feedback for your trip report. There are several reason why some threads just don't seem to take off. The following isn't aimed at you as I don't think I saw your thread. These are just general observations.

Sometimes folk give their trips misleading titles. For example, and this is made up but illustrates the problem, someone arrives say at the Gravelines aire so they start a thread called "Arrived in Gravelines" and then use the same thread to describe how they then went on to drive to say Portugal. If they had called their thread "Off to Portugal" or something like that, it makes it much clearer what it's about. I would also suggest to anyone doing a trip report not to post every photo they took each day. I've seen this done often with several almost identical photos posted of say a church. Less is more, as they say.

Food always attracts interest and this doesn't mean you have to eat out every day. I've had good reaction from photos of our home-made lunches. :)

OP
OP
Wanders from Glos
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
As you know I really enjoyed your blog, but I totally get Holly's mum too … sometimes lack of feedback can make you question if it’s worth while as well as posting for family and friends. For photos I go into attach files then photos on iPhone select the ones I want then use options to change file size to ‘large’ and upload them all at once. It’s pretty quick.
Sounds a good plan. I agree encouragement does help, I am enjoying your blog by the way.

Holly's mum

Funster
Jan 29, 2017
nr Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I am enjoying your blog on your October bimble, I always enjoy your blogs (y)

We don't have iPhones and nearly all photo's are taken on a camera, so they need to be downloaded to the laptop and then reduced in size to be able to upload to the thread, I just tried to upload one without changing the size and got a message saying it was too big :(

Not sure what you mean by "useable size" for photos. You can upload full sized photos and the Forum software does the resizing. I think there is an upper limit for file size but it's something around 10Mb.

See my note above, our photo's are too big to upload without changing them. Plus if you put loads of big files on a thread it can take ages to load the photo's if someone is viewing it, hence we try to keep our photo's to a smaller more user friendly size.

Wanders from Glos apologies for hi-jacking your thread, I hope you had a lovely meal in the restaurant this evening.

Aug 28, 2020
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
none

View attachment 822809

View attachment 822810

It been a real pleasure to read your thread. Well written and very interesting commentary along with excellent photos too.
Many thanks for your offering

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your travels and posting the photos. Have enjoyed being there. 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back