truck sat nav (6 Viewers)

Aug 19, 2010
trawden lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Wow you have been very busy this must have taken a while to compile this.

What an excellent and informative step by step guide. I can just about do the basics but now I feel I can learn the extras that the satnav can do.

Thank you
Joyce

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Hi there
If anyone is still watching this thread and has not already sorted out their satnavs I have written/compiled a manual to compliment the official version.

It includes many of the topics addressed in this thread.. and some.

It's all done in picture/screenshot easy to follow steps; it is in *.pdf format so that you may print it out as a booklet.
FREE for Funsters
If anyone is interested in a copy then pm me

Many many thanks . Is excellent and must have taken some time to compile .

I now have both sets of info and the equipment so hopefully my technically challenged other half will like his present with instruction on the 15 th :thumb:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Unit arrived a few minutes ago so I've started the manual printing (thanks Trikeman) and just about to put it on charge whilst I have a coffee and read the booklet in the box.

Latecomer to this interesting thread, I'm about to order one and pleased to see they're still £62.99. Just thinking, it must come in a bloody big box if Graham's gonna read the booklet in there. :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Just ordered one as the power pin has fallen out of my tomtom go 910.

Donated it to a friend as I would like the bigger screen.

Can't wait till friday.

While I was at it I ordred one of their 10" quad core tablets :Doh::ROFLMAO:

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi there
If anyone is still watching this thread and has not already sorted out their satnavs I have written/compiled a manual to compliment the official version.

It's all done in picture/screenshot easy to follow steps; it is in *.pdf format so that you may print it out as a booklet.
FREE for Funsters

Downloaded the guide and browsed through it today, thank you very much, an excellent, easy to follow guide. I agree with previous posts that it must have taken you an absolute age to compile. Well done.......Derek.

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Just got back from a +1000 mile lakes and Scottish tour and the old Chinese truck satnav didn't put a foot wrong, and we really did go to some deep off route places in search of adventure.

Never had one thing go wrong with the old gal and when you think of the of the really remote roads and places with no reception of any kind (except the satelites) then you see the value of them. Highlighted several low bridges, weak bridges and even 'tight' route warnings.

Best £60 odd I have ever spent.

Trikeman. :winky:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi there

FREE for Funsters
Thanks Pwilmo. :thumb:

I've downloaded the manual, which appears to be very comprehensive. Thanks for taking the time to compile it's contents in such an informative way, and for the opportunity to access it. Initially, adding music and TTS voice looks a bit daunting, so I'll be reading those sections a couple of times more, before "having a go". :winky:

Good work, and thanks again. :thumb:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Just downloaded the manual looks very good sussed out some bits myself but very helpfull

David

Brendan

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 25, 2012
Here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Hi there

FREE for Funsters

I've just downloaded the manual and it looks very comprehensive, should keep me busy for a while. Many thanks.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Have just received the download for this sat nav from pwillmo - :thumb: wow what a great job you done and very helpful too, that must have taken some time in man hours:roflmto:... All i can say is to anyone who has one of these truck sat navs you should be looking at this manual as its so easy to understand and user friendly - Many thanks to that man :Cool::thanks:

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Sat Nav

I have also downloaded PWILLMO's file. A major piece of work which enables even I to understand and follow.

It never fails to amaze me what talents are available on this site. I do think it is an age thing and represents lifetimes experience.

Very appreciative of your generosity. Thank you.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
When I was working I wrote a fair number of user manuals so I know both what makes a good one and how much effort goes into making it a good one.

Many thanks Pwilmo, one heck of a fine job.

Bebe

Free Member
May 22, 2013
Spain/East Yorkshire, Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2001
Hi there

FREE for Funsters

Many thanks for this. I did as you suggested and couldn't get it at first, my ipad didn't want to know but I've downloaded it now. Somehow it has appeared in my iBooks and is sitting in there and I can read it and refer to it. So I am well pleased. Everything so much clearer for me now and would like to thank you so much. These are very easy to understand, even for me as I am not very knowledgeable with this sort of thing. So thank you most sincerely :thanks2::thanks2: I can't wait to try it out properly now. Brilliant and well done for this ... I can now read it comfortably too. Very, very happy, thanks :thumb: can you tell? :Smile:

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
I would like to purchase one - can someone tell me where to order it from cheers, I have also seen a thread about a reversing cMera attachment for this sat nav - does it work?? :thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I would like to purchase one - can someone tell me where to order it from cheers, I have also seen a thread about a reversing cMera attachment for this sat nav - does it work?? :thumb:
Hi Daz n Tina,

This is the seller whom most of us on here purchased from.
Sorry, I can't help with the reversing camera attachment, as I don't use one. :winky:

Cheers,

Jock.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Broken Link Removed

even cheaper same system

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Broken Link Removed

even cheaper same system

That looks to be a similar system but with car only GPS (i.e. as Jock asked, no truck features).

I've seen a similar Truck system on eBay at around £48 or £49 - but it isn't clear if it is the same total package (i.e. including MicroSD card, 12v socket adapter and same spec tablet & software)? If it is then the price is good.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
I have ordered this one,

Broken Link Removed

Hope I have got it right.

Brisey

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
i will mail the seller and find out for ya if its ok for truck i didnt notice it was car but then remember im the guy who bought a cheap inverter not looking to see its bloody 24v not 12v :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
just had mail back you r right jock thats for a car and not for truck however this is the 1 they sell for trucks

Broken Link Removed

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
just had mail back you r right jock thats for a car and not for truck however this is the 1 they sell for trucks

Broken Link Removed
And it's from the same reliable seller that most of us used, so not a problem to exchange, if not quite right. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
thanks pwilmo for the sat nav extra's great info will use asap :thumb:

CJB

Free Member
Feb 26, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Downloaded the manual yesterday, it is very clear and easy to read full of great information.

Many thanks for all our hard work in creating this.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Looking at the specs of the 2 models the one ukbill highlighted does not have Bluetooth, AV In or an additional 8gb tf card included. Other than that the hardware spec appears to be the same.

The truck features are part of the sat nav software and maps, both of which can be updated.

John

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Just downloaded and printed Paul's manual. As others have said there's some work gone into producing that, and talk about local, I can almost see my house on Page 8 :roflmto:

Thanks, it makes the satnav even cheaper with this as an add on. :thumb:

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Going through the setup on mine now with Paul's info on the pc ( ta mate ) Screens aren't coming up exactly the same but somewhere near. Put in the van dimensions and as someone suggested, set in a destination without having updated the maps first to see how it got on, it eventually came up with a route but then a message came over that telling me to update the maps, fair enough I suppose, but me and computer technology aren't the cosiest of bedfellows, it's never plain sailing :Doh: Gonna have a coffee then come back for round two !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back