Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Lashed out and bought myself an early birthday pressy
Decided to upgrade my old Myford ML7 lathe

81E2BC2E-9009-4532-BB86-8BDE51BC3F3D-large.jpg
How do you fit that in your van? Will it squeeze into the garage or do you need a trailer/A frame?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
After about 15 years and maybe 100,00 sheets of paper ( used to print out all the insruction sheets for the kits I produced ) my old Epson finally died a death.. Print heads were all over the place !

So I shot to Currys and bought a new Epson WF-2750... On special at £79
Should see me out :)

Sportsnapper

Free Member
Sep 3, 2016
Reading
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
Since 2004
Cable threading kit in preparation for fitting the new over cupboard LEDs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
The new Echo Dot for the kitchen...

Not completely sure about the benefits of this whole "Alexa" thing - but it's a great little 'hands free' speaker...

Have you checked just how often this little thing contacts Amazon (The Google ones are as bad) they report EVERYTHING you search for play etc. and eavesdrops on your conversations - we found this out when ours kept answering things we had said WITHOUT the OK Google prefix

we got one for just that as a speaker but we have sound bars that work just as well and don't need WiFi access

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Nothing too exciting, I bought 4 MR11 warm LED lights to replace the 4 supplied tungsten reading lights in our van. The colour temperature is very close to what the tungsten lights were which pleased me no end :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A replacement seat post for Hubby's Brompton as it came with the extra long one (bike was bought second-hand), it was on offer from Evans Cycles at half price (£10), £11.99 delivered.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Have you checked just how often this little thing contacts Amazon (The Google ones are as bad) they report EVERYTHING you search for play etc. and eavesdrops on your conversations - we found this out when ours kept answering things we had said WITHOUT the OK Google prefix

we got one for just that as a speaker but we have sound bars that work just as well and don't need WiFi access
Yes - I've heard all about those reports but:
  • A lot of it is paranoia
  • It's in the Kitchen, there's just me so there's no "conversation" as such to eavesdrop on - except perhaps me talking to Kerry the greyhound!
  • As I said, I'm not convinced of it's usefulness, it's a new toy for me to play with - and the microphones can be disabled.
I'm quite impressed with the sound quality - but less so with the promised connectivity with Sonos. As yet it can't play synchronously with those speakers :(... It can voice control them but that's all, not play as the same 'multi-room group'.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
New 12v element for the van fridge. Came to fit it, wrong part, sent it back.
New 12v element for van fridge - hopefully the right one this time, delivery expected next day or so.

New thermostat sensor for house fridge/freezer. Came to fit it, wrong part, sent it back.
New sensor PCB board for fridge/freezer, delivery expected next day or so.

I'm not having a lot of luck with fridges this week!.

So I've bought a new satnav. Having fun playing with it and IT ALL WORKS! Yay!

BUT next week the gas service engineer is supposed to be letting me know if he can fix the central heating or if I'll need to have it replaced. Aarrgh!

Coverco

Free Member
May 6, 2014
Barnsley
Funster No
MH
Hymer B595
Exp
Since 2014
A0DA0076-8680-47E5-8204-B84023620CAC.jpeg Got tired of the silly pull out shower in my Hymer so bought a seperate shower valve and plumbed it in. Needed a few other bits and bobs but great improvement.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
New 12v element for the van fridge. Came to fit it, wrong part, sent it back.
New 12v element for van fridge - hopefully the right one this time, delivery expected next day or so.

New thermostat sensor for house fridge/freezer. Came to fit it, wrong part, sent it back.
New sensor PCB board for fridge/freezer, delivery expected next day or so.

I'm not having a lot of luck with fridges this week!.

So I've bought a new satnav. Having fun playing with it and IT ALL WORKS! Yay!
.... based on your fridge orders ... is it for the right countries? :D2

BUT next week the gas service engineer is supposed to be letting me know if he can fix the central heating or if I'll need to have it replaced. Aarrgh!
Not ALL of it surely! :confused:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
.... based on your fridge orders ... is it for the right countries? :D2

Not ALL of it surely! :confused:

Parts - part numbers quoted, but manufacturer decides to change so they obviously sent their "best guess"!

Central heating - yep, all of it. It's a 45 year old warm air system and he says the flue won't pass the safety checks next time. I'm sure he isn't angling for the work - he doesn't seem very keen to be honest - but he's been looking after it for years, there's not many around now who can/will. Best and easiest solution is to replace the whole lot although it's not quite as bad as it sounds, it's basically a self-contained unit but a new one would be more efficient and has a modern control system. We don't want a radiator system.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Right, get your popcorn out !!

Went to the show at the NEC show today and bought a Cadac 2 Cook 2 Pro.
Much as I love our Safari Chef 2, I think this will be better for us as it gives us more out door cooking options.

cadac 2 cook.jpg

Also bought an electric ventilator kit for our Thetford C260 loo to take a those nasty pongs away.
It's a doddle to fit taking only about an hour this afternoon when I got back from the NEC.
As well as the fan that starts when you push the flush button and automatically stops after a few minutes, the kit also comes with a new pcb board that now registers the cassette levels of empty, half full and full.

vent kit.jpg

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Right, get your popcorn out !!

Went to the show at the NEC show today and bought a Cadac 2 Cook 2 Pro.
Much as I love our Safari Chef 2, I think this will be better for us as it gives us more out door cooking options.

View attachment 261944

Also bought an electric ventilator kit for our Thetford C260 loo to take a those nasty pongs away.
It's a doddle to fit taking only about an hour this afternoon when I got back from the NEC.
As well as the fan that starts when you push the flush button and automatically stops after a few minutes, the kit also comes with a new pcb board that now registers the cassette levels of empty, half full and full.

View attachment 261946

Vent kit is also known as the A.G.E system
Arse Gas Extraction (n)

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I bought 2 coffees at the NEC yesterday£5.20 :whistle: However the girl forgot to give me my change of 80p it took 4 people to get me my change and six minutes wait.:confused:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I bought 2 coffees at the NEC yesterday£5.20 :whistle: However the girl forgot to give me my change of 80p it took 4 people to get me my change and six minutes wait.:confused:
Just think of the 'over 50 life insurance' policy you could have bought with that money ... tut, tut, tut. :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back