LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
It is a quality bit of kit, I thought the price was ok for a 15w wireless charger, the reviews are brilliant and I also get a two year John Lewis warrantee.
Don't worry Langtoftlad….its only money.:)
What's that saying...?
A fool and his money... :cool:
Anyway, I'd get back down to JLewis and get some cash back...
Link Removed

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
What's that saying...?
A fool and his money... :cool:
Anyway, I'd get back down to JLewis and get some cash back...
Link Removed
This is the fallacy with regard to John Lewis Langtoftlad before jumping to the Yorkshire war cry you should take yourself into a John Lewis store...:eek:
I didn't say how much I paid did I. John Lewis price including a two year warrantee and the best service money can buy was £26.50. Would you care to rescind on your Yorkshire War Cry.:cool:

The Returnee

Free Member
May 28, 2017
Togo
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
In 1983 I drove from England to Lomé
Three good apple yoghurts and one not so good.
I was wallowing in self-pity Sunday morning, about being so far away from my moho, so reached for the last Apple yoghurt, it being a feel-good treat.
Devasted. Over it now, but it didn't half take the shine off breakfast. It should have been a fresh, creamy, light green colour, of course.
I got two free ones in exchange...
upload_2018-10-22_12-19-26.png

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Unfortunately a new windscreen. It’s being fitted on Thursday morning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Welsh Wizard

Free Member
Jul 24, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2016
I went to the show at the NEC and for some God unknown reason why bought ten quids worth of Continental Sausages. Umh I now know I'm getting old:mad:

May 9, 2018
South Oxon
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Fiamma bike rack, ordered from John Cross at the NEC. Warned that it could be the best part of a month before it's shipped, but received the shipping notification the next day. Next to order some sikaflex to install it.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
...the only link you could find because JLewis no longer stock this item... :cool:
Regardless, being Belkin branded, IMO you paid at least double what you needed to pay for a Chinese manufactured item...
But if you're happy then Yee Ha.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Fiamma bike rack, ordered from John Cross at the NEC. Warned that it could be the best part of a month before it's shipped, but received the shipping notification the next day. Next to order some sikaflex to install it.
Did you get your funster discount?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Its arrived ... my new Gumotex kayak is here and hubby's blown it up as well as the old one ... same size etc, but the new one won't pack down as small due to the different material so the allocated space in the camper will be too small for it so it'll have to be reorganised ... again! :rolleyes:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
...the only link you could find because JLewis no longer stock this item... :cool:
Regardless, being Belkin branded, IMO you paid at least double what you needed to pay for a Chinese manufactured item...
But if you're happy then Yee Ha.
Just as well we are not all the same Langtoftlad or we wouldn't have a single high street to shop in. Do prices keep you awake at night....

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Just as well we are not all the same Langtoftlad or we wouldn't have a single high street to shop in. Do prices keep you awake at night....
Neither does having a high street - dreadful dreary places mostly.
I'm envious of your ability not to have a care about money though :rolleyes:.
Do you really enjoy paying twice as much as you need to for all your purchases?

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
We paid for our van shower tray to be fixed. Somehow... it developed a crack while we were away in Spain. Think it may have been caused by overindulgence in the food dept and weight gain, not me, him! Anyway a nice chap from Speedcoat has fixed and sprayed it and it looks fab, also comes with a lifetime guarantee so we can stuff our faces when we go away again.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
damn, didn't think to ask! But got a show discount which made it cheaper than anywhere else I could find. It probably just worked out the same (hopefully!)

I tried to get Funster discount from Johns Cross at the NEC last week, but they said that they had heavily discounted for the show and that there was no magin left, so I tried sweet talking them and the hard up pensioner line, but no joy.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I tried to get Funster discount from Johns Cross at the NEC last week, but they said that they had heavily discounted for the show and that there was no magin left, so I tried sweet talking them and the hard up pensioner line, but no joy.
Hmmm... I have been told no discount cos the item was on line ( was a couple of years ago mind )
Perhaps someone would like to come forward and explain just WHAT is discounted and when ???

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Hmmm... I have been told no discount cos the item was on line ( was a couple of years ago mind )
Perhaps someone would like to come forward and explain just WHAT is discounted and when ???

I have bought several things from Johns Cross via their website and got the 10% discount using the Funster discount code
At the NEC they were heavily discounting to attract show going punters to part with their cash and as a result they said that they could not double discount for Funsters.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Had a right old spend this week. Bought a 1200w pure sine wave inverter, new 20m flat hose on a cassette, new Freesat receiver for the van ( it only picks up French TV at the moment on Astra 19) SR Mecatronics led panel ( to enable me to pick up Astra 28 +14 other sats),
2nd 11kg Gasit Bottle with adapter to join to the first bottle, a new Karcher window vac ( great for clearing windscreen condensation on cold mornings) a pair of Merrill hiking boots and a North Face Mcmurdo 2 jacket.
Broke now.........

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We have space for 2 x 13kg gas bottles and while I am waiting to fit our 2 Gasit bottles, I am using standard 13kg propane bottles. The first one I bought in France, from Carrefour, was €33, €5 of which is a refundable deposit when I return the bottle.
So while we are touring around the UK, it is getting colder and we wanted to ensure we don’t run out of gas before we get home to fit the Gasit kit, so I bought a Calor Propane bottle and had to buy a new pigtail, because the fittings are different.
Price of Calor Propane bottle?

£75!!!!!!!!!! :Eeek:

Pigtail was another £9.95

And to add insult, you don’t get all the deposit back on the bottle as you do in France, I’ll be lucky to get £7.50 when I return it.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I see the mother in law is already on the wall

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun