Free Member
Sep 3, 2016
Reading
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
Since 2004
No idea why I can't put an amazon link in here - it just surrounds it with [MEDIA] tags :-(

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
AAAARRRRRGGHGHGHGHGGHHG .... I can't ruddy win!!!!

Ordered the below kayak on 10 October, buying the last red one they had, all well and good ... I've been following the 'tracking' with DHL looking to see when it is likely to be delivered but the info was never updated ... hmmmmm ... emailed the company on Monday but other than an acknowledgement that they'd look into and get back nothing back from them, so emailed again today, eventually got a response that bloody DHL, for some unknown reason, had returned the parcel to the company, who had accepted it back and this had automatically refunded me ... so here's me waiting for a kayak that was never ever gonna arrive! :mad:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....

Consequently I've been trying to see how I can re-order it as it was the last red one they had but until it goes back on the website as being 'in stock' I can't! They have given me another £10 off voucher to replace the original one I used but sod's law is gonna mean that someone is gonna buy the red one when it's put back on the site before I can ... :eek:

I am NOT a happy bunny! :(

Decided to treat myself to a new inflatable Gumotex kayak ... ordered this beauty: :D2

Only kidding ... whilst I love the green but I went for the slightly more subtle red:

There's nothing wrong with my existing Twist at all and the Twist is a brilliant little kayak but seeing as hubby sold his I've 'upgraded' to the full Nitrilon Twist version. Our 2 little dogs now want to come for a paddle with me which means the inside of the kayak often gets wet from one of them jumping in/out on the shoreline and on/off the boat further out at times (she's a nutter for water!) so the only reason I'm changing is that my old Twist is a different material (still ruddy tough though) which means it does take a little time to dry whereas the Nitrilon one can just be dried off with a cloth and put away immediately so is ideal for us as we don't necessarily stop at the place where I go for a paddle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
AAAARRRRRGGHGHGHGHGGHHG .... I can't ruddy win!!!!

Ordered the below kayak on 10 October, buying the last red one they had, all well and good ... I've been following the 'tracking' with DHL looking to see when it is likely to be delivered but the info was never updated ... hmmmmm ... emailed the company on Monday but other than an acknowledgement that they'd look into and get back nothing back from them, so emailed again today, eventually got a response that bloody DHL, for some unknown reason, had returned the parcel to the company, who had accepted it back and this had automatically refunded me ... so here's me waiting for a kayak that was never ever gonna arrive! :mad:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....

Consequently I've been trying to see how I can re-order it as it was the last red one they had but until it goes back on the website as being 'in stock' I can't! They have given me another £10 off voucher to replace the original one I used but sod's law is gonna mean that someone is gonna buy the red one when it's put back on the site before I can ... :eek:

I am NOT a happy bunny! :(

I just bought the red one.....:p

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
bought on the way back from lincoln show but finished fitting them today 3 new roof lights. One had a small crack and none of the flyscreens worked . Cant remeber who put on here about using white spirits for removing the black sealant but it worked ,thankyou

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'm now a VERY happy bunny!!!!! :D

I've been waiting for the red Gumotex Twist 1 to go back in stock at AddNature, the place I originally purchased it from (see above post #8105), but it's still not in BUT hubby told me that Ebay have 10% of virtually everything today so I've just bought one off there direct from Germany ... saving over £30 on it ... well chuffed ... thank you AddNature for cocking up my original order! :D

(y)

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I'm now a VERY happy bunny!!!!! :D

I've been waiting for the red Gumotex Twist 1 to go back in stock at AddNature, the place I originally purchased it from (see above post #8105), but it's still not in BUT hubby told me that Ebay have 10% of virtually everything today so I've just bought one off there direct from Germany ... saving over £30 on it ... well chuffed ... thank you AddNature for cocking up my original order! :D

(y)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Well, further to my earlier post about the van and house fridge, the van fridge is fixed, but the house unit is non-repairable.

So this week I've bought a new fridge/freezer.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Took delivery on my new Clarke CM500L today..
Took 5 of us to get to the workshop, and although now assenbled is still sitting in the middle of the floor.. Gonna have to get some more bodies round tomorrow to make the final placing

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Bought 2 new phones, Redmi 6 octa-cores, £95ish delivered from Gear Best - mine arrived today so hubby's sulking as I won't let him play with it! :D

Also just bought an rear air-assisted suspension kit for our camper, £279 off ebay less 10%, so £251 ... will fit it when we get back from Spain in the new year. The suspensions works great as it is but as we intend to keep the camper for a long while might as well put this on now and enjoy the even better ride it will give us. (y)

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Have been on a bit of a splurge this week.
On top of the Cadac 2 Cook 2 and the loo ventilator kit bought at the NEC show earlier in the week, I have bought and fitted 2 Thule Omni-vent fans to replace the roof vents in the motorhome kitchen and bathroom and a Thule wheel step so I can reach to clean the underside of the overhang above the windscreen.

thule wheel step.jpg

and now thanks to @Minxy Girl I'm in deep do do, as I bought a couple of digital tyre pressure gauges and a Victron SmartSolar controller of of fleabay with the 10% off voucher.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Have been on a bit of a splurge this week.
On top of the Cadac 2 Cook 2 and the loo ventilator kit bought at the NEC show earlier in the week, I have bought and fitted 2 Thule Omni-vent fans to replace the roof vents in the motorhome kitchen and bathroom and a Thule wheel step so I can reach to clean the underside of the overhang above the windscreen.
Like the Thule wheel step - not spotted that before - now on Mr Wombles Xmas list :)

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Much cheaper to buy a small plastic folding stool and use it anywhere

Aah !, health and safety Peter, health and safety. :LOL: Standing on a step or step ladder leaning over and therfore applying a sideways force is not a good idea as I have found to my cost by the step I was on sliding out, followed by me face down across the bonnet and sliding off onto a heap on the floor while stretched out trying to clean the bit farthest away. Being on gravel as we are at home only goes to made it a lot more dodgy.

With this wheel step I can lean right across and the grip tape gives a good sure footing.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Aah !, health and safety Peter, health and safety. :LOL: Standing on a step or step ladder leaning over and therfore applying a sideways force is not a good idea as I have found to my cost by the step I was on sliding out, followed by me face down across the bonnet and sliding off onto a heap on the floor while stretched out trying to clean the bit farthest away. Being on gravel as we are at home only goes to made it a lot more dodgy.

With this wheel step I can lean right across and the grip tape gives a good sure footing.
Paul, whats wrong with a bit of gravel rash every now and then ..................... never did me any harm .............. :D2

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

I have this wonderful image of you doing a 'splatted fly' impression on the front of your MH! :LOL:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'm still (just!) athletic enough to be able to stand on the top of the tyre and reach from there. A Moroccan windscreen washerman taught me that one.

The Returnee

Free Member
May 28, 2017
Togo
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
In 1983 I drove from England to Lomé
OK guys and girls: something for everyone. These are fresh in at my local supermarket. I particularly like the subtle advertising with the young lady. I doubt that they would be phased at Kleenex's rebranding recently. I confess: I didn't buy either.

Attachments

• Tea 1.jpg
    Tea 1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 132
  • Tea 2.jpg
    Tea 2.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 133
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I do like a bargain, got a spare wireless phone charging pad from John Lewis. Belkin 15w fast charge, works really well. Left it downstairs so anyone can plonk their phone on it....(y)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
How much :eek: !!!
Mind you Belkin always overprice their kit :rolleyes:.
It is a quality bit of kit, I thought the price was ok for a 15w wireless charger, the reviews are brilliant and I also get a two year John Lewis warrantee.
Don't worry Langtoftlad….its only money.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back