LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Oh yes . We are sorry to hear your bad news, we hope you are not hurt. And sorry you will not be able to make it.

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Oh Kath, really sorry to hear this. Hope you are ok? x
I'm ok thanks. Fed up but ok. Went to have new leisure battery fitted. I have 2 but only 1 needed replacing. Electrician removed battery, sourced a new one for later in the day and told me to return 330-400. I drove less than a mile before the other battery caught fire. Don't understand electrics but am told that it looks like the electrician didn't isolate the terminals and they touched causing a major short out. Think its a right off but insurance assessor will have to do his bit.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi John Have paid and have my number but not on your list of attendees. Anyway unable to come now as motorhome went up in flames yesterday and is now in some recovery yard at Chesterfield. I seem to be fated with Thetford, 3rd time I've had to cry off
Kath
Really sorry to hear that. Hope everyone is ok

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
we had a disaster yesterday and one of our dogs nearly died, pretty badly injured in a freak accident. Phoned emergency vets last night and took him in this morning. He needs a followup appointment tomorrow to decide if he is fit to travel on to Thetford.
Fingers crossed he is ok and we will be with you Thursday morning. My feeling is he will be alright as he is mostly sleeping all the time, but thought it best to mention it just in case we have to cancel last minute

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
I'm ok thanks. Fed up but ok. Went to have new leisure battery fitted. I have 2 but only 1 needed replacing. Electrician removed battery, sourced a new one for later in the day and told me to return 330-400. I drove less than a mile before the other battery caught fire. Don't understand electrics but am told that it looks like the electrician didn't isolate the terminals and they touched causing a major short out. Think its a right off but insurance assessor will have to do his bit.
Oh no, I really feel for you but I'm so glad you're ok. Hope you get things sorted quickly and get back on the road soon, be it in a repaired Van or a new one x

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
we had a disaster yesterday and one of our dogs nearly died, pretty badly injured in a freak accident. Phoned emergency vets last night and took him in this morning. He needs a followup appointment tomorrow to decide if he is fit to travel on to Thetford.
Fingers crossed he is ok and we will be with you Thursday morning. My feeling is he will be alright as he is mostly sleeping all the time, but thought it best to mention it just in case we have to cancel last minute
Oh no, hope your dog is going to be ok :(

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Oh no, hope your dog is going to be ok :(
thankyou for your concern. He got tangled up in a lead and choked himself unconscious, but as he was choking, he was going mad tearing at his collar. this left him with torn ears, damaged front legs and a huge haematoma on the side of his face
the vet gave him pain killers anti inflammatory and antibiotic injections. he is feeling very sorry for himself at present

all the damage happened in just 5 minutes as we left the dogs unattended to move a trailer. All very distressing and a huge shock to open the van door to and unconscious dog and blood all over the place. but a little blood goes a very long way to make what looks like a crime scene

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Oh dear more bad news. We hope your dog recovers. And that we see you this weekend.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
thankyou for your concern. He got tangled up in a lead and choked himself unconscious, but as he was choking, he was going mad tearing at his collar. this left him with torn ears, damaged front legs and a huge haematoma on the side of his face
the vet gave him pain killers anti inflammatory and antibiotic injections. he is feeling very sorry for himself at present

all the damage happened in just 5 minutes as we left the dogs unattended to move a trailer. All very distressing and a huge shock to open the van door to and unconscious dog and blood all over the place. but a little blood goes a very long way to make what looks like a crime scene
:(:(:(

Hope he recovers well.....

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
So sorry to hear your bad news Kath @kaybee ... Hope you are ok and are soon back on the road
Hi John Have paid and have my number but not on your list of attendees. Anyway unable to come now as motorhome went up in flames yesterday and is now in some recovery yard at Chesterfield. I seem to be fated with Thetford, 3rd time I've had to cry off
Kath

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Hi Have just subscribed, is there still space on the Thetford bash for one more?

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014

Omg, sounds horrendous! Thank goodness that you got to him on time.
As you say, a freak accident but makes you wonder how these things can happen.
Very upsetting for you.
Hope to see you at Thetford.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Off shortly to fetch MH from storage. Will be loaded with surf boards as well
Hi Have just subscribed, is there still space on the Thetford bash for one more?
Welcome, should be room for another, let's hope @Jaws responds to this

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I'm certain that if you turned up at the gate waving cash you will be OK. No restriction on numbers just a case of getting a number for the gate. GO ON, GO FOR IT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
well Ronnie has had the all clear to travel, just no walks for a couple of weeks. will be seeing you tomorrow, (you have been warned :rofl:)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Van ready but packed yet . We are trying for late Thursday. . Rose said and no hiding. And Do not let Lisa drink them all. looking forward to drinking your scotch. @DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Van ready but packed yet . We are trying for late Thursday. . Rose said and no hiding. And Do not let Lisa drink them all. looking forward to drinking your scotch. @DuxDeluxe
Too late Mike. I'm told that @Lisa has been practising by drinking yards of ale every evening. It will all be gone. I might save you some Aldi Glenratspiss for when you arrive ;)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Only got one bottle of pimms though....

Join us or log in to post a reply.