Speeding tickets from across the water. (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Paid the fine on line. Sent licence off for whatever.
Any idea how long before they send it back to me?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Paid the fine on line. Sent licence off for whatever.
Any idea how long before they send it back to me?
not sure why you have to send the license off unless its to confirm your not scamming them by pretending to be someone else. 🤷‍♂️

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
More likely they will fill in the section that reports that they were not the owners at that time and pass it back down the line, of if they have any sense they will.
They won't because they won't be contacted In the first place. I was the registered owner of the vehicles at the time ,I received the fine and subsequent letters and binned them accordingly. Its highly unlikely they are then going to go back to dvla and send letters to anyone else. The one from Portugal was in 2019 and the one from Hungary was in February/ March in Budapest.

Neither will ever be paid , the Portuguese one I was told by the gnr at the time I wasn't receiving a fine just a warning ...he lied and 2 years later they sent a fine. Its been binned. The parking ticket in Budapest was from a parking spot miles from anywhere with no clear signage saying it was a pay online parking , it was binned there and then , epc then sent a letter sometime june/July which also got binned. I'm now not in the country till next April so any subsequent letters won't be received.

Different vehicle now and no intention to be back in Hungary in the foreseeable future, Portugal I may well be but Different vehicle and unless I meet a very particular gnr officer who can prove I'm the same person I doubt I'll ever hear anymore about it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 7, 2022
34390 Saint-Étienne-d'Albagnan, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
I saw a report on french tv today saying that people were getting tickets even though they did not exceed the limit. France did an experiment of dropping the speed limit on national roads from 90km to 80km.

This has now been reversed most places, but apparently some of the speed cameras have not been reset back up to 90km/h, and are still flashing and producing fines even though people are not breaking the law.

Apr 12, 2020
South Lincs....
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7095DF
Exp
20+ years. Previously Hymer B654 and Hymer S660 both c/w tow-bars.
Surely the top line is the MGW the next the max train weight, and the other two are axle weights.
Correct!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Sep 15, 2016
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
2015 Auto-Trail V600
Exp
8 years motohoming and counting
Currently in France in our high top pvc and got flashed by a speed camera pointing at me on the side of the N248. The limit was 80kph and having seen the radar area ahead signs a click or so before the camera I was duly watching my speed. As I approached the camera I was definitely only doing 75kph and was astonished that it flashed me.

Could it be that it picked me up way further down the road before I had checked my speed? I did stray over a couple of times and my satnav squawks at me if I do go over ( and I usually correct asap) so was I just unlucky that I might have been “just over” way before the camera could be seen?

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Currently in France in our high top pvc and got flashed by a speed camera pointing at me on the side of the N248. The limit was 80kph and having seen the radar area ahead signs a click or so before the camera I was duly watching my speed. As I approached the camera I was definitely only doing 75kph and was astonished that it flashed me.

Could it be that it picked me up way further down the road before I had checked my speed? I did stray over a couple of times and my satnav squawks at me if I do go over ( and I usually correct asap) so was I just unlucky that I might have been “just over” way before the camera could be seen?
May have thought you were HGV

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Got flashed several times last year. Turns out the camera thought i was a truck No ticket/fine issues.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Same with the caravan in tow. Flashed several times and wondered why as was much less than the limit.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I have posted this elsewhere but I wonder what ANPR cameras and associated computers make of our Polish vintage plate, which reads AAXXA followed by a depiction of a 1920s. Car

Does anyone with ANPR knowledge know the answer?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I have posted this elsewhere but I wonder what ANPR cameras and associated computers make of our Polish vintage plate, which reads AAXXA followed by a depiction of a 1920s. Car

Does anyone with ANPR knowledge know the answer?
Why not do a bit of 'personal' research and get flashed to see what happens! 😆

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

As said it thought you were a hgv
I got flashed a few times last week,all well under limit, due to having the roof box on.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Can you suggest which country would be cheapest Mel?😂
Dunno, never been done ... I move too fast for their cameras so they just get a blur! :LOL:

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
I’m in Italy……about 1400kms down south, I’ve been speeding 90% of the time…..and I’m still not going fast enough for the Italians……and I’m on this…..

IMG_2916.jpeg

Apr 7, 2022
34390 Saint-Étienne-d'Albagnan, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
Dunno, never been done ... I move too fast for their cameras so they just get a blur! :LOL:
You must be shifting, top gear did a test with a Gatso camera many years ago, i forget which car they used, but i think they had to do about 190mph past it for it not to get a picture of the car.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The only time I've driven a car on the Continent was about 30yrs ago
when I drove down the German Autobahns to Bavaria.

I was in a Cavalier screaming it's head off at about 80mph and the only things
I overtook all day were Lada's and lorries.

The German drivers almost to a tee 'held back' to allow me out and get back into
the inside lane. There was none of this 'Bugger you' (I wonder what the German
translation of that is), "I'm coming through."

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
The only time I've driven a car on the Continent was about 30yrs ago
when I drove down the German Autobahns to Bavaria.

I was in a Cavalier screaming it's head off at about 80mph and the only things
I overtook all day were Lada's and lorries.

The German drivers almost to a tee 'held back' to allow me out and get back into
the inside lane. There was none of this 'Bugger you' (I wonder what the German
translation of that is), "I'm coming through."

There is no road etiquette or manners in Italy……I’ve just joined in.😉

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back