Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Teruel. Disused railway line was lovely, and the town was as well
Most people just stop at the Aire and miss the town, we were surprised what a nice town it is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
When they put that A23 through there i think they spoilt it.
Used to be my prefered route. The old 234

Nov 15, 2023
North London
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SP Aut
Exp
Since 2008
View attachment 872645View attachment 872646
The first one is for nerve pain. The 9.5/10 shooting through the body pain that makes you wince. Only apply it to the source of the pain as it will hurt your insides using it all down your leg (in my case) as it is the size of a lip balm for a tenner however it works almost immediately.

The second 2 I use on anything soft tissue which is causing me pain. Eg my quads and glutes get it every night (calves most nights) because of the cycling (I literally only walked very small distances for 4 months prior to coming away) I think when I started to walk again I was walking properly and this caused ligament pain in the ankle (as I hadn't borne any significant weight on it for 4 months) and they took away the pain (with a tens machine and cold compresses at different times). The cream is my favourite at the moment but there is nothing inferior about the lotion.
plantar fasciitis
I had for 35 years and used normal hemp cream on it couple of years ago and now I only bother with it if I remember which is a couple of weeks.

I also replaced all the pain killers immediately with a CBD oil. The jury is still out on that one as I was using so many different methods I couldn't say it did anything. I used to take 2-3 drops before sleep but haven't bothered since coming away.

A footnote to say I am not a medical practitioner I am only saying what worked for me. I should be on a 6-24 month nerve end recovery plan. It's now day 49 and all the pains are under control and my left quad (whole leg to start with) is the only place left where it is numb and that is diminishing.
I came off the amitrytriptelyne last night so now no prescribed meds

View attachment 872644
Thanks for this I will try to get some. I am trying to not take the full dose off Naproxen & co-codamol but the pain sometimes gets too much. I have arthritis in my fingers and some joints have fused I am having a steroid injection in my left hand soon to stop some of the pain…inherited problem.
My feet are mashed as having one fused toe & bunion joint means extra pressure on the other foot and yes plantar fasciitis so I would love to topically numb the pain. I have a nice boot to wear and splints for my hands at night to relieve some pressure .

Being an ex Imelda Marcos my walking boots are my best friend😭😭
I do remember lots of CBD shops by N322 road near Benidorm which may be of interest.

I may take my bike now as you have given me hope and some nice routes for my 2 year old miniature poodle and me to try - though not as far as it’s manual but looking forward to the thermals.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Thanks for this I will try to get some. I am trying to not take the full dose off Naproxen & co-codamol but the pain sometimes gets too much. I have arthritis in my fingers and some joints have fused I am having a steroid injection in my left hand soon to stop some of the pain…inherited problem.
My feet are mashed as having one fused toe & bunion joint means extra pressure on the other foot and yes plantar fasciitis so I would love to topically numb the pain. I have a nice boot to wear and splints for my hands at night to relieve some pressure .

Being an ex Imelda Marcos my walking boots are my best friend😭😭
I do remember lots of CBD shops by N322 road near Benidorm which may be of interest.

I may take my bike now as you have given me hope and some nice routes for my 2 year old miniature poodle and me to try - though not as far as it’s manual but looking forward to the thermals.
Used to be the 332 through Benni :LOL: :LOL:;)

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
If you like old aeroplanes the aeroplane cemetery in Tudela is just north on the old N234 and the lovely town of Albarracin.
We ve been told about albarracin as a beautiful town and are unsure of direction of travel on return. It is marked up on my map so has possibilities.

Get the cream ordered off Amazon and it arrives tomorrow. If you don't have an account speak to friends and family.
The other thing for arthritic type issues is a tincture of propolis. Get the highest percentage and 3 or 4 drops per day rubbed in. I made my own (I kept bees) with a distasteful Austrian 80 per cent schnapps. Sorted out my dad's arthritis.

I ve got shed loads of naproxen and codeine phosphate with me that I haven't used. I got off that stuff immediately. Just tried to hide the pain rather than seek to make better (in my view) and they cause further issues which you have to take more tablets for. There's a flower that begins with B I took instead of ibrupofen which is better long term. That's available on Amazon as well. I LL find it later

Last edited:
OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Screenshot_2024-03-09-07-04-24-09_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
The town of Segorbe during siesta on an overcast day

Inclement weather and not knowing when, for how long and how hard it would rain left us with little to do so an afternoon easy cycle up the road to Segorbe from Geldo was the plan we executed.
The cycle way is partitioned off most of the way... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/segorbe.435/

Nov 15, 2023
North London
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SP Aut
Exp
Since 2008
We ve been told about albarracin as a beautiful town and are unsure of direction of travel on return. It is marked up on my map so has possibilities.

Get the cream ordered off Amazon and it arrives tomorrow. If you don't have an account speak to friends and family.
The other thing for arthritic type issues is a tincture of propolis. Get the highest percentage and 3 or 4 drops per day rubbed in. I made my own (I kept bees) with a distasteful Austrian 80 per cent schnapps. Sorted out my dad's arthritis.

I ve got shed loads of naproxen and codeine phosphate with me that I haven't used. I got off that stuff immediately. Just tried to hide the pain rather than seek to make better (in my view) and they cause further issues which you have to take more tablets for. There's a flower that begins with B I took instead of ibrupofen which is better long term. That's available on Amazon as well. I LL find it later
Thanks will order some cream and try it.
Yep that’s why I am trying to not take the full amount of naproxen and co-codamol

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Geldo to Estivella via verde with cake

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Segunto

We left Geldo which we have decided is a spot on Aire. We abused the free water and dump so fully self sufficient forb4 nights (without curry)
Travelled down to Segunto which is about 6km inland from the med.
Found the Aire and nothing wrong... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/segunto.437/

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Nature reserve of Alhambra (or part of it)

Looked for something a bit different today other than Valencia.
We went off south on the bikes, no real bike tracks on the maps but they are there !
We just sort of followed the road out til we got to a chained off piece of road but cyclists... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/el-palmer.440/

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
The puppet thingies we think are called Ninots. Some of the 100s they will burn on Tuesday night (19th)

We had the app to assist us as to the locations of these Ninots that will all be burnt Tuesday night. Some are still being built.
Paula even managed to be ready to leave at 0900 and off we set ..... Til my front tyre was flat. Quick change of... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/valencia-fallas-the-street-designs.441/

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
The puppet thingies we think are called Ninots. Some of the 100s they will burn on Tuesday night (19th)

We had the app to assist us as to the locations of these Ninots that will all be burnt Tuesday night. Some are still being built.
Paula even managed to be ready to leave at 0900 and off we set ..... Til my front tyre was flat. Quick change of... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/valencia-fallas-the-street-designs.441/
Watched some of them burnings puttet things in Alicante a few years ago.............fun.
There is also a festival where the local communities get together at a given location and make as much noise as they are able. It is judged and an award is given for the loudest. Also witnessed that a couple of times, again in Alicante.

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Watched some of them burnings puttet things in Alicante a few years ago.............fun.
There is also a festival where the local communities get together at a given location and make as much noise as they are able. It is judged and an award is given for the loudest. Also witnessed that a couple of times, again in Alicante.
We are off inland for another bike ride tomorrow and Sunday just to see if we can burn our forearms some more.
Toss up between seeing the burning or some nice spots I found inland again for few days after

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Another lazy day for us in Granada. Driving down to the little village in the morning about 7ks away for walkabouts then back to site to chill.
Day after our old stomping ground El-Campello near Alicante.
Keep enjoying.
Nice walking weather today, sunny and 23c in the afternoon, chilly in the morning.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We went to the Fallas day of burning in Valencia. Chickened out by 2pm and took refuge in a hotel until time for the coach back to the campsite. I didn’t like the atmosphere and noise at all.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
We went to the Fallas day of burning in Valencia. Chickened out by 2pm and took refuge in a hotel until time for the coach back to the campsite. I didn’t like the atmosphere and noise at all.
You wouldn't like the noise festival then :LOL:

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I can understand that. Don't think it's for everyone. The noise from the 2pm fireworks was astounding.
We made sure we got in and out by 1300 today. Huge crowds.

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Just a quick query to readers.

I note there are about 35 viewers of the thread whilst it is at the top of what's new.
When it gets to the bottom there are 10 or so.
I can't believe that it's possible to read this thread for more than 20 seconds unless completely new to the thread as you just click the link to read the journal

However, after a day of various numbers reading the thread at different times there are only 30 views of the newest journal entry which doesn't quite make sense to me. The older journals within this journal are about 100 and my previous journals which have been there a year are into high hundreds last time I checked.

Is anyone doing anything different to clicking on the link ? Just interested

Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
Just a quick query to readers.

I note there are about 35 viewers of the thread whilst it is at the top of what's new.
When it gets to the bottom there are 10 or so.
I can't believe that it's possible to read this thread for more than 20 seconds unless completely new to the thread as you just click the link to read the journal

However, after a day of various numbers reading the thread at different times there are only 30 views of the newest journal entry which doesn't quite make sense to me. The older journals within this journal are about 100 and my previous journals which have been there a year are into high hundreds last time I checked.

Is anyone doing anything different to clicking on the link ? Just interested
I just click the link.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back