Some really basic newbie questions - Chausson Flash 10 (1 Viewer)

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Help much appreciated please -

If using Elsan blue or Thetford liquid in loo, when, how much and how often do you use?
If using the above, can the cassette be emptied down a normal household loo if necessary?
If using bio fluid or those little washing capsules, how often, how much and when?
Chocks and levelling blocks - can you position them when on your own? Makes or recommendations please? Any advice on using?

Thanks very much.

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
faraway remember if you have a gas refillable system to turn off the boiler before entering a garage forecourt.

Kev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I currently have "Fire Angel" for both. The ST-622 for Fire and Separate Co alarm. Both have 7 year battery life and the smoke alarm is the "Toaster" version, so it doesn't keep going off when you cook.:xdoh:

Same here. Ours are just fixed on with sticky pads. They do fall off.

I personally don't, but you certainly can do. Your unit must be "Approved" for use "in motion", but most importantly your gas system must be approved for use in motion by either a secumotion valve or similar crash v/v, burst / crash pigtails or the gas bottles themselves must have the burst v/v in them.

I was going to say the Chausson has diesel heating and then I read on and saw this:

Thank you, that is very useful. I will leave the boiler off but as the blown air is diesel, that should be fine if necessary.

You can leave the diesel heating on when driving :) It keeps the rear-seated passengers warm as the cab heating isn't really good enough to get through to the back. Our new van has gas heating with a cut off valve thingie both as fitted by Adria and also a back-up fitted when we had the Alugas system fitted. Usually we turn it the gas off when travelling but do forget from time to time. The gas does need to be off when at a filling station and when going through tunnels so it is good practice to turn it off unless you need heat for passengers in the rear travel seats :)

Upvote 0

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
I use washing up liquid and the jet wash always have for years, all the main dealers use a jet wash, i have never had any problems

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Could anyone with Chausson Flash 10 or similar experience give me an idea of how to make up the bed using the seats please? I can lower the table etc, just how do the seat cushions fit together:)

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
SANEF Tag
We have a SANEF Tag for when we use Autoroutes. We generally use it when on our way down to Burgundy for the summer and if we are heading off long distance from there. We normally wend our way back on country roads though.

We find the Tag very useful, especially in high season when queues at the Toll Booths can be long on popular roads. However, the main advantage for us is that, as we have a RHD drive vehicle, the toll cash/card machines are on the "wrong" side. Also they never seem to be at a good height to reach from the cab. The Tag means you don't have to bother.

To sum up - if you are going to use Autoroutes frequently the Tag is probably a good idea. If you only use occasionally it wouldn't really matter much.

Whatever else you do though...........Enjoy your motorhome!:xThumb:

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Could anyone with Chausson Flash 10 or similar experience give me an idea of how to make up the bed using the seats please? I can lower the table etc, just how do the seat cushions fit together:)
Haha ! @The Wino is right . I only had to do it once as I'm a solo motorhomer and always used the drop down bed. Just try and fill the gaps somehow and have plenty of alcohol to make you sleep well ! x:-)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Haha ! @The Wino is right . I only had to do it once as I'm a solo motorhomer and always used the drop down bed. Just try and fill the gaps somehow and have plenty of alcohol to make you sleep well ! x:-)

Thanks, just that I have a guest this time!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Habitation power issues. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but... The motorhome is mostly on EHU at the moment, so everything should be charged. Yesterday morning I took it off the EHU and during the day went in and out a few times, putting belongings inside. In between times, I had the alarm set as well. I did very little power wise during this period other than a light on sometimes for a short while. The fridge is running on gas and I had the diesel blown air heater on for about an hour. Last night, I had the main light on for a short while, then the strip led light above the bed for less than an hour. I also lowered the bed and the alarm was in sleep mode all night. This morning, the lights etc are working and the motorhome started no problem, but the bed went up part way before the red light came on and it then went up further but very slowly as if the power was running flat. If I turned the bed switch off and waited a minute or two, it went up a bit more.

I also have two solar panels and a battery master.

I also checked the levels on the control panel this morning and the levels for the habitation battery (I have 2) were much lower than I would expect after one night (one green and the rest amber/red). Am I doing something wrong, is something using too much power or might it just be the bed?

Sorry this is a bit long....

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
The bed takes a bit of getting used to check the battery level with the meter on the panel probably fine

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Thanks. On the EHU, the bed worked fine. I'm not sure what you mean by "check the battery level with the meter on the panel probably fine"

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
there a battry button on the panel above the door when you press it it shows the level of the hab or vehicle battery theres a lit symbol below to show which is indicated (can't remember which it shows first) its near the one you press to show the approximate!!!!! water level.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Thanks again. I did press that and on the scale of lights there was only one green then amber and red. When on EHU there are about another three greens.

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Was the indicator lit to show it was the hab battery? Sounds like your battery is about 1/2 charged (it won't read correctly I think when on hook up as the charge affects the battery reading)

I suspect you have a battery 2/3 through its life and the normal vaguaries of the bed!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Yes it was the hab battery showing. Mmmm, I hope its not going to die on me - I leave for Spain shortly!

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
The bed should go up and down smoothly but a little slower on battery . I had problems but only had 1 battery and no solar. I used to turn the engine on when moving the bed. Another funster told me to do that !

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Eberspacher diesel heater noise. I don't mean the ticking sound but the actual sound when it is running, i.e. a very noisy fan/wind sound. Is it possible to make it quieter for use during the night?

Upvote 0
Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
The eberspacher is a little noisy (like a small jet engine) when it first starts, but once up to temperature, the fan slows down and it is consequentially much much quieter. Silencers on both the air inlet and exhaust also help with reducing noise

Cheers

Trevor

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
It should be quieter once it gets up to temperature as it operates at different speeds depending on what the thermostat says it needs we also take a small electric heater to use at night on hook up but hardly use it. If you have a thick quilt you can reach the heater control from the bed and warm the van up before you get out of bed!!!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Many thanks to you both, glad to know it improves as it gets warm. I like the idea of warming first before getting out of bed

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
The other thing we have done is block the ventilation to the grill. It obviously then can't be used but we seldom use it and the draft whistles through the holes when its windy and makes it a lot colder. I removed the vent and cable tied some kingspan insulation to the back of it now its a lot warmer (but not chausson approved so take it off for the hab service each year!!!).

David

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Thanks David. I've put in a combo microwave so can't block that one!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
I've had a Gasit 11kg bottle fitted and filled. I have been using the fridge on gas almost continuously now for about 6 days and the gas level indicator still shows virtually full. Is that right (which would be great) or is it suddenly going to drop down?

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
It will read almost full for ages then suddenly drop when about 1/3 full it the looks like its empty when it isn't!!. I recon ours would last about 3 to 4 weeks of fridge and hot water ans cooking (the heating is diesel of course) but never let it get thet low so would be interested to hear your results!!. I recon about 40p a day for gas.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Thank you, I suspected it might suddenly give me heart failure! I'll let you know how things go...

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back