Some really basic newbie questions - Chausson Flash 10 (1 Viewer)

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Help much appreciated please -

If using Elsan blue or Thetford liquid in loo, when, how much and how often do you use?
If using the above, can the cassette be emptied down a normal household loo if necessary?
If using bio fluid or those little washing capsules, how often, how much and when?
Chocks and levelling blocks - can you position them when on your own? Makes or recommendations please? Any advice on using?

Thanks very much.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Concertina. They seem to have a groove on a metal piece the width of the blind that you can curl your fingers around to pull on, but they seem to keep jamming.

Try a bit of spray furniture polish (Pledge beeswax works well) on the runners :)

For the loo it could be water from the top of the blade running down the cassette. Try drying the blade before you remove the cassette and see if that helps :)

We love a good mucky loo thread!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
On another note - The back and rear sides got muddy two days ago. What is recommended to wash the motorhome and how best to do so - me only! Can they go through a car wash if it fits?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Thanks Puddleduck - I'll try that once I locate the blade:)

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Thanks Puddleduck - I'll try that once I locate the blade:)

The blade is the thing that goes over the hole when you pull the lever on the side of the bowl ....... you know, the thingie that allows the effluent to go (or not go) from the bowl into the cassette.

If you wipe dry that part with a bit of loo paper before you take the cassette out it might make a difference. Any water on the blade can run down the cassette from under the flap when the cassette is on end. :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Thanks, I thought as much as I've seen about high pressure damage etc.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Ah, thanks Puddleduck, will try that. Shows my level of extreme newbie ignorance:)

Upvote 0

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Toilet Tank
Depends on the model of the toilet.
But the blade is the big flat piece of plastic on the bottom waste tank
that slides open to drop everything through.
It can be slid off when you have the tank out for emptying.
if you remove it sideways then give it a good clean
the rubber seal on the tank and the blade can be lubricated with a special lubricant from any motorhome accessory shop
however I have used vasseline and found it works well, others may say different. The vaseline grease helps form a watertight seal
Kev

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Thanks Kev, everyone is really helpful - much appreciated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
I wash mine with a high pressure car wash However I am careful around windows and seals.
Use common sense and keep the lance at a sensible distance

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
If doing a hand wash of the motorhome exterior, what products are recommended for wash, rinse, shine, polish etc?

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On another note - The back and rear sides got muddy two days ago. What is recommended to wash the motorhome and how best to do so - me only! Can they go through a car wash if it fits?

DO NOT PUT IT THROUGH A CAR WASH. Do not let the car wash people use a jet wash on it. Jet washes can be used if you are very very very very careful.

I use a hose, a bucket and one of the cleaning products marketed for use on plastics. There are quite a few around and of you ask at a decent motor factor explaining it is for use on a motorhome / caravan they should be helpful. One of the branded makes is Fenwicks. The one I have is in a bottle that attaches to the hose. Also do NOT use washing up liquid. There is a detailing section on the site that will tell you all you need to know about cleaning - and more :)

Some people swear by the dry wash but I am very wary of it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Thanks again Puddleduck, will have a look at plastics cleaners. Your system sounds a bit like a paint spray gun

Upvote 0

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
faraway we knew absolutely nothing about vans when we got our first one and had masses of advice from people
and had people sell us some great items they no longer needed
You will find that camper vanners motorhomers really are a group when encourage and look after each other

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
I'm seeing so - on my first drive recently, two motorhomers drove past and waved - nice feeling:)

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
thetford market a maintenance spray for cassette toilet seals, however it is really only silicon maintenance spray. can be bought for ÂŁ4 from places like halfords or similar shops

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Thanks, will have a look for that.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Its a 2012. Sorry, yes on the rooflights..........

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Right! I've just emptied the loo for the first time - using a home loo. No real problem, but when I turned it up into "carrying" direction, i.e. tube uppermost, it seemed to drip quite a bit of water from the other end (no comments please!!). It also seemed to drip more when I pressed the orange button which I assume is the one for air and to make it flow more easily. It actually emptied without problem when I was rinsing and did not press that button. Is this normal?
I worried about this for a time before I realised it was dripping the flush water left in the top bowl. If you open and close the 'twist' knob on the cassette as you pull it out, this excess water will drop into the cassette.

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
OTE="faraway, post: 2118731, member: 45517"]Its a 2012. Sorry, yes on the rooflights..........[/QUOTE]
Didn't have any problems with those.

Made a horrendous mistake once with the toilet cassette. Took it home in the car boot once to empty it. Got waylaid at a friend's house for an hour. IT LEAKED! I'd had it upright in the back of my tiny Aygo. Luckily the boot was well lined with old carpet etc for the dog and underneath it all there was no sign of any seepage but I couldn't get rid of the smell for weeks! Yeuk!:envy:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Considering a Milenco levelling ramp set - how often would you need the larger quattro as opposed to the triple? Fair difference in price. One set consists of two ramps - do you need one set or two? (One website says you need two sets for a motorhome).

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
If travelling to or through France, is it easier/better to get a Sanef Liber-t automated toll tag, or just to pay cash at each toll?

Upvote 0

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
As to choosing ramps its a difficult one
all depends where you park. Bit like how long is a piece of string
I have noticed our new van is nose down by about 2"
so will need to run up on to ramps possibly more often than we have in the past.
Sometimes we make do
Sometimes Sue gets tired of hanging on to me to stop rolling out of bed. (her excuse)
Some people are quite happy with a gentle list
others like to be bang level
If I was buying from new I would get a pair of ramps that solved any situation.
Even if they cost a bit more

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back