Some really basic newbie questions - Chausson Flash 10 (1 Viewer)

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Help much appreciated please -

If using Elsan blue or Thetford liquid in loo, when, how much and how often do you use?
If using the above, can the cassette be emptied down a normal household loo if necessary?
If using bio fluid or those little washing capsules, how often, how much and when?
Chocks and levelling blocks - can you position them when on your own? Makes or recommendations please? Any advice on using?

Thanks very much.

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
As for tolls on motorways in France.
We have been to France many times and much prefer to use the N roads they are well maintained
and they allow you to see more of the towns.
A motorway anywhere is pretty similar to any other. If you are in a rush they are great
But we rarely rush anywhere.

On a motorway you miss so much of the character of the area you are travelling through

Upvote 0
May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
On a motorway you miss so much of the character of the area you are travelling through
Sometimes that is the reason for taking them :)

Probably best to check what exising threads there are on some of these subjects, many of the answers can be found using the search function

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Considering a Milenco levelling ramp set - how often would you need the larger quattro as opposed to the triple? Fair difference in price. One set consists of two ramps - do you need one set or two? (One website says you need two sets for a motorhome).
Although not Milenco, I only have triples with mine. I park in the new Forest which is very bumpy and uneven and have never been on ramps and still been uneven. Just a little shuffle will start to level you off, then ramp it the final bit. (y) If you can fit a Tri level indicator in the cab somewhere; mine is on the passenger seat rail, this will let you know roughly before you fine tune with ramps. I do have 2 sets, but that is because I took the fiamma yellows from my folding camper and the dealer through in the cheapo triples. I did role off the ramps the other weekend and cracked one of them but it still held the 3660 Kg MH fine. When I replace I will still only get triples. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We have the same van have quatro ramps usually only need the first 3 levels but nice to have the 4th if necessary and nice not to have to go right to the end other times!!! and they just fit in the side locker nicely to store.We just pay at the booth in France althiugh having hired a car with a tag its a lot more convenient. Can't see us getting a tag for the m/h as we dont use motorways in France a lot and we're tight!!

Upvote 0

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Faraway you are more than welcome
Thanks are really not needed

I will pm my address for you to send £ instead :LOL:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Don't forget to hold the little yellow button in on the cassette when emptying to prevent splashing.
I used to have a Flash 10 so happy to answer any newbie questions!

Hi

I would be grateful if you are able to give me an idea of how to convert the seating to a lower double bed please. I thought that the table would go low enough but seems the seating is lower than the table! Any advice appreciated.

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Never tried but I think the table is lowered to act as the bed base (it fits between the seat fronts they have a protruding ledge it sits on then just re-arrange all the cushions there's an infill cushion you should have as well.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Thanks. That's what I thought but the table only lowers to above the seat cushions

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Hi

I would be grateful if you are able to give me an idea of how to convert the seating to a lower double bed please. I thought that the table would go low enough but seems the seating is lower than the table! Any advice appreciated.
The table should definitely lower down to the same level as the seats under the cushions . Under the table you should find 2 catches to loosen it so it slides both ways . Do this and as you lower it electricly just guide it sideways with your hands .

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Never lowered it all the way down are you sure you adjusted its position after un-doing the clamps underneath to make sure it didn't foul the cushions on the way down?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Do you/should you/not/ drive with water boiler and/or blown air heating on whilst driving?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Would appreciate a recommendation for good (and to approved standards) smoke alarm/carbon monoxide alarm. Thanks

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Would appreciate a recommendation for good (and to approved standards) smoke alarm/carbon monoxide alarm. Thanks
I currently have "Fire Angel" for both. The ST-622 for Fire and Separate Co alarm. Both have 7 year battery life and the smoke alarm is the "Toaster" version, so it doesn't keep going off when you cook.:xdoh:

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Do you/should you/not/ drive with water boiler and/or blown air heating on whilst driving?
I personally don't, but you certainly can do. Your unit must be "Approved" for use "in motion", but most importantly your gas system must be approved for use in motion by either a secumotion valve or similar crash v/v, burst / crash pigtails or the gas bottles themselves must have the burst v/v in them.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Many thanks. Do you have to attach them to roof or similar or can they be free standing?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
I personally don't, but you certainly can do. Your unit must be "Approved" for use "in motion", but most importantly your gas system must be approved for use in motion by either a secumotion valve or similar crash v/v, burst / crash pigtails or the gas bottles themselves must have the burst v/v in them.

Thank you, that is very useful. I will leave the boiler off but as the blown air is diesel, that should be fine if necessary.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Thanks, so I assume you have fixed them with screws?

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Thanks, so I assume you have fixed them with screws?
And the sticky pads that came with them.:xThumb: The base is secured in place and the unit twists onto the base. This allows me to remove the unit to clean and or replace when required. Also removing the unit stops the unit working and shuts off the battery - if you really need to save power on a 7 year battery.xroll:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Thank you! I don't really want to be making holes:)

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Thank you! I don't really want to be making holes:)
Sticky pads would be fine if you don't drive on 80psi tyres and use pi$$ poor roads which are more like farm tracks and make the Ice Road Truckers look like they are on skating rinks.:xlaugh: My smoke did take over 6 months to finally drop off the roof.:xwink:

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
You can leave the heating on while driving (diesel) not worth bothering with a special valve for the gas as it only works the cooker and water heater which soon warms up on site. Our CO and smoke detectors are on the bit of wood near the switch for the lights/water pump etc over the door on the way in nevetried bit I think it would unscrew fairly easily for access if required so could screw the backing plate there if required or bolt through if too flimsy. I wouldn't screw through without checking behind first if the screws are other than very short as its probably a void full of cables!!!. Maybe try sticky pads first although they might remove the veneer if you try and remove later.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back