NEC Show October 2016 - New & Interesting?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Wombles, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Wombles

Wombles Funster

For anyone considering going to the Motorhome Show at the NEC 11-16 October thought it would be good to know in advance what new models or products that will be on display & any deals on offer.We have contacted some of the dealers to see what they have new for 2017 & if they can donate any free tickets available to go into a free prize draw (look out for the separate thread :)) for Funsters - so far we have one pair of tickets kindly offered offered by Alistair from SMC Motorhomes Newark (y)
    SMC say that "all new Frankia 2017 models will be on display , including rear lounge A-class the I740 Plus , a UK mainstay the i640SD big front lounge and front A-class bed and the Flagship Platin 8400 QD, with its self sufficient energy system, 4x solar panels, 3x leisure batteries , intelligent charge system and much more all based on the V6 Mercedes Benz 5.3T chassis with a7 speed auto geartronic gearbox.
    For Globecar we have a 2017 Line up. Right where you would expect to find us in the panel van section. With the new 2017 models and show deals not to be missed. Some models not displayed before in the UK. "

2. Wombles

Wombles Funster

3. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

We have a free awning fitting service at the NEC for all Fiamma awnings purchased from us, get in quick as due to the euro exchange rate, a lot of things from the EU are going up in price

Peter

• Like Like x 2
  4. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

I think you said somewhere else that "free fitting" was in leu of the Funster discount, or has that changed.

Martin

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Wombles

Wombles Funster

@Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Hi Peter - is Funster discount applicable if buying accessories from your Fiamma stand at the Show please?

6. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Funster discount is available 'discreetly' on the Fiamma stand for items purchased over the counter and taken away but not on the free awning fittings, costs a fortune to be at the NEC

Peter

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Thank you for clarifying this - we have heard how much stands at the NEC can cost :eek: It's a shame that these high costs means that it's not viable for new products being produced on a small scale to be on even the smallest & most remote stands.

8. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Slide-outs may be becoming a bit more common? Adria have one again this year so probably at the Show
    [​IMG]

The 2017 Adria Compact Plus SLS

[​IMG]

9. Jamwitt

Jamwitt Funster Life Member

My first van had awning fitted at nec by John cross excellent service and price highly recommend

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Just spotted that Mr D's will have a new 3L size cooker (£84.95) at the Show http://mrdscookware.com/ - that's now on our list to have a look at :)
    Looking at the website like the improvements - cast iron ring on internal base & carry handles - glad we didn't buy one before as always wanted handles on it & the add on carry bag seemed a bit over the top for in the motorhome & the ring must extend/improve cooking. Just need a good Show deal on it now?!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  11. eddievanbitz

eddievanbitz Trader - Funster

Van Bitz are in Hall 12 Stand number 130 We have the Dometic Lithium ion battery on the stand for people to look at and play with, mind you at £1500 we only expect to sell a few dozen ;)

We along with all Dometic dealers are offering free standard installation on Air Conditioning systems, booked in at the show.

We will also have the new WiFi App camera system where the camera is displayed on a Android or Apple device controlled by the app. The retail price of the kit is £299 and Dometic will be selling them at the show for £199

Other than those, we (Van Bitz) have lots of other offers but none apply to our MotorhomeFun chums as you all get 10% off all the time which is better than the offers we are giving to the general public (You know those sad people that haven't discovered Motorhome Fun yet (y))

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Isn't it the case that you will be supplying one gratis to a Funster to field trial over the next 10 years? :whistle::D

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Know that Duvalay sleeping bags aren't for everyone but their mattress toppers are the best quality that we have found so far & last year we got 25% discount off our whole order placed at the Show (y) We did ask if they could offer an online discount for afterwards but it was a Show only deal. For anyone considering ordering it might be worth checking at their stand - don't think there were any signs last year as we had to ask if any offers.
    Our son is sleeping well on his topper at uni (there is no such thing as padding or support with uni beds :() - we got a top of the range one thanks to the discount :) Duvalay also included free delivery rather than us take stock from the Show (again had to ask) & it did take about a month to get the order but luckily we weren't in a rush.
    Just checked the website & spotted the new Dinky Duvalay for 2-8 year olds http://www.duvalay.co.uk/Campervans/campervans-dinky-duvlay [​IMG]
    Looks like they have a good use for their offcuts of memory foam
    http://www.duvalay.co.uk/Home/Home-Memory-Foam-Pet-Beds
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  14. eddievanbitz

Great minds think alike

I'll be fitting a few to my RV and will test them

Someone had to do it!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  15. eddievanbitz

Hi Peter, how much do you charge for the free awning fitting? And is there a choice of colour and sizes with the free awnings?;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Wombles

Wombles Funster

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I won the bet with myself then :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

Im gutted ,we always look forward to the October NEC and were going to spend 2 days there this time .Last week my manager John was taken to hospital with suspected Meningitis ,had slurred speech and lost his balance but they have now discovered after various blood tests and CT scan that it is a viral infection in his head so he is still in hospital and also yesterday my eldest son Dan had a hip operation so hes off for 2 wks:mad: so im stuck here .Me and Jo are hoping to blag our way onto the temp site next Saturday so that we can have the Sunday at the show and leave Monday morning early to get back to work.nothing ever goes smoothly for me and Jo,work eh! who,d have it:rolleyes:
    Brian & Jo

• Like Like x 2
  19. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Details of Show offer on the new size cooker from Dave Knowles " I will be selling the 3L with cook book and Mr D's Top Pot for £110.00. From my web shop the price is £125.89 plus delivery which is £9.99 to UK mainland (excluding Highlands & Islands)."

20. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

@Brian and Jo i gave you the like for "work who'd have it" not your bad luck.

Martin

• Like Like x 1