NEC Show October 2016 - New & Interesting? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you Womble We enjoyed it yesterday and all your points are brilliant wish we had had them when we first went 3 years ago!!
We found going out and walking outside the halls but still inside easier than struggling back through the halls to visit a stall we had missed!
The maps are great !
Actually the first year we didn't buy anything! But love the new Mr Ds smaller pot so may put that on my Christmas list!!
Glad all that typing was of use! :) Like your tip about going out of the halls to get to another area rather than fighting through the crowds (y) It's easy to miss so much without the map so we always circle all the ones (on the paper map) we missed on the first day to go back to the next day. We are definitely going to consider the 3L Mr Ds too as know it gets so many excellent reviews on here.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
See you there.. we are there Thursday & Friday too..
Hopefully it shouldn't be too busy (y) Have been before at the weekend & saw people almost climbing over each other :eek: to get into the popular motorhomes!

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Unable to get there this year but if anyone spots a discount code for Tyrepal please could they post as am looking to buy.
Thanks in anticipation.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Last year at the show tyrepal were offering a discount without need for code numbers so I bought one great bit of kit. Going to show tomorrow would be nice if new motorhomes had the same discount as tyrepal it will not happen but I can dream.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Very quiet on tue,,,nothing like last feb,,BUSBY,,,

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Went to show yesterday, but bad internet meant not putting some thoughts down until today. We are currently at Linwater site, just outside Edinburgh for a few days..

Firstly thanks to @Wombles and SMC for running the competition for the tickets which we were lucky enough to win. Even though it meant coming up to Edinburgh from Yorkshire via Birmingham, kind of the long way round!

So what we're show highlights for us?

We both really like the new Hymer Duo 534, which is on the DL range sized body so is only 2.2m wide and 6.99m long. Very similar in layout to the big Duo, with the reduction in length coming from a smaller kitchen.

I was hoping to post some pictures but internet on site seems really slow, and was hanging when trying to upload pictures.

We were impressed with the value for money that the tag axle Dethleffs give, they seem well screwed together and well thought out, and whilst not exact cheap did seem to represent VFM.

There were a couple of cracking RVs on Signatures stand. Unbelievable price of £122k - sounds a lot but there were plenty of other vans that were more expensive. Clearly the RV is physically big, but if you wanted to full time and spend a month or two in a fixed location I can definitely see the advantages of the American RVs

We also liked the new Chausson 611 Travelline. Very innovative with 4 captain style chairs, has doors on both sides and a large lounge at the back. The back lounge has a drop down bed, which means that you can use the 4 front captains chairs and access the two hab doors even if others have gone to bed. Price was £55k as shown, starting price £49k.

The Burstner Lyseo looked a cracking van too, prices starting at £49,500 too.

One thing that struck us repeatedly was an abysmal payload on many vans, particularly those where the manufacturer is trying to flog a sub 3.5 tonne van. One van (think it's a Bennimar) called Sonic Supreme 710SL was a joke. A given MIRO of 3.2t, and a payload of 299kg. Frankly almost impossible to use I think without overloading. As £94k to buy, it's just not good enough! Swimbo stopped me engaging the chap on the stand in conversation, probably just as well!

Final highlight for us were some new 4wd Trail-Breaker pop tops, based on Isuzu or Ford Ranger. They are prototypes at present, but very impressive and I hope the Company make a success of it.

Sorry for length of "report", a few pictures would have helped explain some stuff. Will put pictures on when I get home next week.

Attachments

• IMG_1791.JPG
    IMG_1791.JPG
    223.7 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Great use of the tickets @milliethehymer - thank you for the feedback about the Show (y) Prices sound higher this year already - not great for anyone planning to order :(
We will have an early start in the morning as want to get a full day there tomorrow - we are usually some of the last to leave at the end of the day - sad but true!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We cannot make it to Birmingham.
We have been told that there will be the launch of a new camera system that shows all 4 corners of the MH as if viewing from above. I have no idea who is selling it, but if anyone sees such a thing could they post the name of it please.
I think it is Roadpro, I talked to them about it at Peterborough, not cheap though.

Martin

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Slide-outs may be becoming a bit more common? Adria have one again this year so probably at the Show
Adria-Compact-Plus-SLS-pop-out.jpg

The 2017 Adria Compact Plus SLS

Adria-Compact-Plus-SLS-Exterior-2.jpg

I agree, I saw more slide outs on UK based MoHos than I've seen before.

One company, I don't remember which as I had memory overload by then, seemed to be offering, 'add your own slide outs and we'll build them' as an extra.

I like the Adria bed slide out, the layout was very similar to my older Adria Coral, the only thing lost appeared to be a slightly smaller garage and a metre of van length.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Following last nights post, have now tethered to phone and Internet is quicker, so pictures from the show below

IMG_1791.JPG
IMG_1810.JPG

Above is the new DL534 Duomobile from Hymer, with Swmbo looking very much at home....good job we love our MLi!

IMG_1795.JPG
IMG_1797.JPG

The 2 pictures above are the Chausson with the 4 captains seats and hab doors on both sides. Very nice

IMG_1799.JPG
IMG_1798.JPG

We also were implressed with the Burstner Lyseo which looked excellent for the money
IMG_1800.JPG

The above is a great example of manufactures taking the p1ss, payload 299kg!

IMG_1801.JPG
IMG_1802.JPG

Final 2 above rare the Trail Breaker pop tops, the double bed is over the car bit and where the pick up section would usually be is the living area.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Just been to to my first MH show at the NEC yesterday and had a great day. Amongst my favorites were the Auto Sleepers Corinium RB and Duo. Absolutely stunning vans. The Devon Conversions Aztec with the U shape lounge, very nice. Seems a lot bigger than it is.

Something which I can't get to grips with is the vans with the island bed with the huge garage below. You need crampons just to get into bed and the space between the bed and shower/wardrobe is such a tight squeeze. I would hate to spend almost a 6 figure sum and not be able to get into bed easily! Saying that most of these types (I never looked at all the vans at the show) were continental builds. Maybe the average age of continental buyers are a lot younger than the average British MotorHomer:whistle:

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Just been to to my first MH show at the NEC yesterday and had a great day. Amongst my favorites were the Auto Sleepers Corinium RB and Duo. Absolutely stunning vans. The Devon Conversions Aztec with the U shape lounge, very nice. Seems a lot bigger than it is.

Something which I can't get to grips with is the vans with the island bed with the huge garage below. You need crampons just to get into bed and the space between the bed and shower/wardrobe is such a tight squeeze. I would hate to spend almost a 6 figure sum and not be able to get into bed easily! Saying that most of these types (I never looked at all the vans at the show) were continental builds. Maybe the average age of continental buyers are a lot younger than the average British MotorHomer:whistle:

Horses for courses I guess. Prefer a large garage at the moment cos rather not have expensive mountain bikes externally hanging off the back of the van.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The trouble with island beds is that they take up a lot of space, never seen a problem with the height for getting in as they usually have steps around so that the head end is quite an easy step in, this then gives you the garage space, we like a transverse bed as it is economical with space but I know that many don't to the point where some builders are not even offering them.

Martin

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
The trouble with island beds is that they take up a lot of space, never seen a problem with the height for getting in as they usually have steps around so that the head end is quite an easy step in, this then gives you the garage space, we like a transverse bed as it is economical with space but I know that many don't to the point where some builders are not even offering them.

Martin
I had never considered an island bed for this reason, to be honest, I would much prefer a U shape lounge rather than a fixed bed of any type. I've never had much need for a large garage. Saying all that the Auto Sleeper Corinium RB is an island bed without a large garage but the space it occupies doesn't seem excessive. Maybe it's just an illusion because it has so much headroom. Would love one but it's way beyond our budget:rolleyes:

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!

Martin
Our sentiments exactly . We get far more overall space up front with a transverse bed with room for bikes out of sight. Did notice finding them is a bit more difficult. Not trendy anymore I guess:whistle:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The above is a great example of manufactures taking the p1ss, payload 299kg!
We saw quite a few with payloads below 350Kg, ridiculous.

We were looking for vans no longer than our current one (6.75 metres) but most had transverse, island or drop down beds which are a non-starter as far as we are concerned. The only one which came close was the Fleurette Magister 65 LD.

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Some great pics and feedback from the show. Wish I'd gone now. :(

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
One thing I never understood is you pay over £94K for the van above, it states 4+1 berths but only has seatbelts for 3 and a payload of 299kgs:rolleyes:

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
I spent big time at the show bought a cup of coffee, it was almost as expensive as a new van!

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
I spent big time at the show bought a cup of coffee, it was almost as expensive as a new van!
Just as well you never bought a burger:LOL:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We only whent to meet friends and have a coffee and nearly came out with a new van, "phew that was close"

Martin

rich g

Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
I prefer the larger lounge rather than sit in a railway carriage, and i don't see the point in an island bed taking up all that space,your asleep when you are in it.

:whistle:

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
What the Morelo Liner?

Spoke to Mike the chap that owns Premium the Morelo dealers and he said that Morelo had sold 5 since the Dusselldorf show.
None in this country though.
Very nice bit of kit the Morelo I like the Loft layout and spec.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Spoke to Mike the chap that owns Premium the Morelo dealers and he said that Morelo had sold 5 since the Dusselldorf show.
None in this country though.
Very nice bit of kit the Morelo I like the Loft layout and spec.

Yes they are very nice, and the Loft is very well packaged if you don't want anything too big.

It is a bit confusing having a "Premium" and a "Premier" but the Morelo dealer at Bawtry/Doncaster is Premier, (just mentioning it for everybody that's trying to find their web site for a look)

And I heard a rumour that they have now sold one into the UK but I don't know what delivery schedules are.

Martin

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Yes they are very nice, and the Loft is very well packaged if you don't want anything too big.

It is a bit confusing having a "Premium" and a "Premier" but the Morelo dealer at Bawtry/Doncaster is Premier, (just mentioning it for everybody that's trying to find their web site for a look)

And I heard a rumour that they have now sold one into the UK but I don't know what delivery schedules are.

Martin

Thank you for the correction Martin, as you say Premier.
Mike is very clued up on the Morelo's and spent a long time talking us through the range when we went to Dusselldorf even though it was busy.

I see Southdowns had a few new Concorde vans at the show, I did like the 850L they had on the stand, might be a different storey trying to deal with them if we decide to go with a Charisma!
Hopefully the euro will be better in the spring when we will be hopefully buying.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back