My E + P jacks will not deploy (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
just arrived at an overnight stop, luckily on 2 counts we are not too bad for level and the Jacks will not come down

It could be worse they might be down and not go up :LOL:(y)

we have had a couple of odd issues during our three years ownership where odd things happened, in all cases resolved by removing the main fuse count to 100 put back in and all has been OK

but not this time :( the symptoms are we get a quick triple flash of the green LED on remote then it goes out, tried a new battery exactly the same, tried the wired hand set got the same, removed main fuse, counted to probably not enough, put back all flashes but still same as above, but once pressed once the second time the LED does nothing

pulled fuse counted to 100, went for a walk with Lola, put back after probably 5 mins, reset, all lights flashed etc but still same as above

we have engine running and hand brake on as is required to work ours, it is now too dark to easily see in the locker outside and think I am just going to think myself lucky they are not stuck down (y)(y) then call Mick at SAP on Monday

Just wondered if anybody has had the same and got a quick (no tools) fix I could try :)(y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
My guess - the main fuse is blown
Have you got another fuse to replace it?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
what’s the fluid level ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
fluid level :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

will let Mick look at that (y)

my thought on the main fuse is that when I pull it out and replace it all the lights come on so it cant be blown (y)

appreciate the input though, :) I will follow on with what we find next week (y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
fluid level :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

will let Mick look at that (y)

my thought on the main fuse is that when I pull it out and replace it all the lights come on so it cant be blown (y)

appreciate the input though, :) I will follow on with what we find next week (y)
From memory there are two fuses
One BIG one for the pump and a smaller one for the controller

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi @DavidG58 have you tried taking the jacks up first, or is the beeping as soon as you switch on.

Martin

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Does your handbrake light come on on the dash to indicate your handbrake is on? As it could be the connection to the handbrake switch if it doesnt. It is easily disturbed.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Does your handbrake light come on on the dash to indicate your handbrake is on? As it could be the connection to the handbrake switch if it doesnt. It is easily disturbed.

could be as simple as that (y) light on dash does come on, but the remote doesn't stay alive along enough to see if that fault light comes on, which I have regularly seen being an auto gear box we don't use the hand brake :)(y)

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
luckily they are neatly parked where they need to be to travel (y) cant get the remote to come to life it bleeps flashes and goes off

I know nothing of your system... being a pauper... but on reading thread... has remote lost contact with system.. i.e... needs to be "paired"again....

Edit: Ooops! just spotted this... "tried the wired hand set got the same" ...

Have you tried looking at fault codes... manual or G@@gle?.. it seem the handset is trying to tell you something... imo..

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
could be as simple as that (y) light on dash does come on, but the remote doesn't stay alive along enough to see if that fault light comes on, which I have regularly seen being an auto gear box we don't use the hand brake :)(y)
Dont you need to have yopur handbrake on for the jacks to deploy?

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I am quite good a memory reading let's me down :LOL: I think everything is as we normally do, just nothing works o_O now on bottle of wine after 2 large G & T's will not notice the movement :)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I had a problem with the remote control on my yellow Fiamma ramps......

She kept telling me to stop before getting high enough up them.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I had a problem with the remote control on my yellow Fiamma ramps......

She kept telling me to stop before getting high enough up them.
Thats just a built in safety margin as the next default is over the top, you choose(y)

Martin

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Had the jacks deployed on mine and they locked out as I had forgotten to put handbrake on before starting engine.
When I finally contacted installer we decided that the best way was to do a complete reboot which meant disconnecting completely from battery and then reconnect.
Worked immediately never had a problem since.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Where all the main unit is, is there another remote but connected by wires? There was on mine. Might be worth trying that.
Think mick is at nec this week.

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
When mine would not deploy it was a faulty sensor relating to the hand brake so it was not relaying that to the system

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
@Speve how exactly did you disconnect?
@DavidG58 mine was connected in the battery box to the multi point connector just took off the appropriate lead and then reconnected all worked fine afterwards, just be careful not to short anything out whilst doing it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back