LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I ass

I assume that was grey waste not cassette.

Tafraoute? Nope, the genuine item - yeuk! But it is/was some distance from the camping area.
Grey waste - well, depends where you were parked.........! I always took mine to flush the cassette.

But, and anyone who has been there will agree, it was never a problem so don't worry about it. We've all seen far worse.

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
"Grupo Terry" all set up and rarin' to go, with 7 members, 5 Morroco newbies so should be Fun!

Last chance anyone wishes to join us - be at parking outside Carlos' office by 1300 Monday 23 Jan.

Nov 19, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'm a newbie
We are in Tarifa (Camping Valdavaqueres) at the mo. Going across tomorrow on the 12 O'clock to Tanger Med. Look forward to meeting up with some/all of you later.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
There's always some enterprising Arab and I, for one, would encourage it. Always thought just emptying onto a bit of waste ground was really a bit too much and surprised we got away with it. Agree the French probably won't go for it though!

Something similar at Asilah last year - one of the guardians had built a proper waste disposal point, in a small hut he kept locked. For the princely sum of 5dh he would unlock it and provide half a bucket of water to rinse. Told me he would charge until he'd recovered the cost then it would be free. @abforfun is it still there?
Asilah has changed Terry, there is now a cafe/restaurant, electric for 2/3 vans if required and there is better cassette emptying facilities

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
"Grupo Terry" all set up and rarin' to go, with 7 members, 5 Morroco newbies so should be Fun!

Last chance anyone wishes to join us - be at parking outside Carlos' office by 1300 Monday 23 Jan.

On are way round the coast to Portugal, eventually.... and came across this thread..
We're sitting near fuengirola reading this thread and now looking at what we need to come with you....:eek:

We're seriously thinking about it....:cool:

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I have comfort ins, do I need a green card ? Does anybody know if I'll be covered in morocco, when I read this long thread earlier I recall someone mention comfort ana a green card not needed I think...?

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
I'm with Comfort and I have a green card cost £20
Comfort do not cover you for breakdown in Morocco either we use ADAC
I think don't quote me on this but you possibly could get a copy emailed to you and get away with a printed copy? Or possibly have it printed on green paper it's basically shows you have insurance in my opinion.
Also as a last resort you can get insurance as you enter Morocco at the port? No idea on cost tho or duration
Best of luck tho
Marc & Sam

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I'm with Comfort and I have a green card cost £20
Comfort do not cover you for breakdown in Morocco either we use ADAC
I think don't quote me on this but you possibly could get a copy emailed to you and get away with a printed copy? Or possibly have it printed on green paper it's basically shows you have insurance in my opinion.
Also as a last resort you can get insurance as you enter Morocco at the port? No idea on cost tho or duration
Best of luck tho
Marc & Sam

Thanks, I'll give them an email or call on Monday.....

Are you the same Mark & Sam that I have just read reviews on campercontact along the coast of Morocco ?

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks, I'll give them an email or call on Monday.....

Are you the same Mark & Sam that I have just read reviews on campercontact along the coast of Morocco ?

Good luck with the insurance I'm sure there will be others along to offer advice if you need more info,
Yes we are the same Marc and Sam
In campercontact, all down to my better half Sam

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I have comfort ins, do I need a green card ? Does anybody know if I'll be covered in morocco, when I read this long thread earlier I recall someone mention comfort ana a green card not needed I think...?

Comfort will cover you for Morocco, insurance wise, but you are supposed to have a Green Card. If you look back a couple of pages this was covered a few days ago so I won't repeat it. Again as already posted you can buy third party insurance as you enter Morocco - tgee posted his costs for last year.

As far as anyone is aware only ADAC do breakdown cover; you should be able to get covered by phone if you so wish but many don't bother. Comfort will tell you to get yourselves back to European mainland and keep receipts for your costs. In practice unless it's really serious, almost any town/village has a mechanic who can get you back on the road - last year one Funster had his front suspension rebuilt after hitting a pothole too hard.

If you haven't already done so, download a copy of my article in the Resources section (dark blue bar at the top) "Taking a Motorhome to Morocco". Everything you need to know there.

If you think you can get everything together in time you're welcome to join us but there's a couple more Funsters going over in early February.

Bob and Ibby

Free Member
Sep 29, 2016
Torre Del Mar Andelucia
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7870
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Terry
We have few issues with our van that have raised their heads this week
In light of this we need to get them sorted here on the Costa del Sol before crossing which makes joining you on Tuesday not possible
We will cross late Jan early Feb
Any funsters intending to do the same we will be happy to join you
Safe journey and hope to catch you up sometime in the near future
Cheers
Bob and Ibby

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Okay, hope it's nothing too serious and we'll see you somewhere in Morocco later. Keep your eyes on the thread @cos I know there's still a few hoping to cross later, maybe see your post and get in touch.

Aug 19, 2015
Windermere
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
15 years
Hi everyone, We re one hour north of Madrid staying tonight and hoping to reach Nerja tomorrow night for a couple of days (we know it well and want a few days r and r). We've frozen in France and now trying the Spanish version. Not met any other fun steers yet but hope to before crossing. If we don't find any, can we meet up on the other side (sounds spooky). Haven't figured how to get regular internet yet without paying lots extra on my iPhone but will. Do we ever just ring each other?
Sorry to be a Luddite.

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Morocco internet all explained on the Resource article.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We popped into Carlos's yesterday morning and booked on the 3pm crossing. We did a big shop at the carrefour. Note the parking at the side of carlos's office and opposite the site entrance of carrefour now has height restrictions. The service as usual from the office was great, and we got our present !!!. The ferry left on time, and got through morocco customs in about an hour.

Drove to assilah , the parking is slightly different to last year, as they are building a wall around the harbour, but just go to the usual place and the 'helpful' locals will guide you to the correct place.

We drove south through rain and thunder and lightning, via Marrakesh to essaouria, 445 miles but great road roads. The parking in the car park seems really busy but we are at camping sidi magdouf, wifi, and only £5 a night. It's on camperstop, but also busy, and I guess only a ten minute bike ride into town

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Hotelman, did you do that drive from Asilah to Essoura in one hit?
We are still at Tarifa, will prob head over in a few days, safe travels amigos,

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Horshamjack, yes, a long day 440 miles mainly motorway via Marrakesh, and then duel carriage way for the last 80 miles, if the weather was better we'd have come down the coast from Casablanca.

We've just bought a huge crab (35 d) and a bag of fresh sardines (10d) on the fish quay here in essasouria, and paid 20d at a small stall at the end of the pier to have them cooked, brilliant lunch, shame because a bottle of Chablis would have been perfect !! , but don't pay any more than that, and also refuse to pay the 1d for a plastic bag for the sardines !!,

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
There is a very good off licence in Essaouira in a side street quite close to the city wall. Also Carrefour have a alcohol dept behind closed doors.

If you didn't buy a plastic bag for the sardines, did you put them in your hat tight git.:rofl:

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We have enough booze to open an off licence, and I saved 1 d by refusing to pay for plastic bag,( just like at Tesco's) the fish seller sent me on my way, with the plastic bag, because he didn't want to lose a sale !!

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
25 litre cartons of vino Tinto, 4 litres of gin, 18 litre bottles of San Miguel, 36 cans of San Miguel, 120 cans of kronenburg, 3 bottles of champagne, and three quarters of a bottle of baileys, oops sorry now only half a bottle swmbo is drinking it. And, I forgot, 20 bottles of 8% dutch beer from the micro brewery under the windmill in Amsterdam, sorry now only 19 , and 4 litres of don Simone sangria !!

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Where's the party going to be then?

We're now at Algeciras, outside Carlos' office with our group. He's had a large concreted area constructed just for his clients just 50 metres back from the old one, which was Carrefour overspill and now has height barriers on it. There are 44 large bays marked out - no facilities of course - and tonight it's pretty well full. He's obviously making money and looks very well on it too! Got our group discount and a goody bag each so everyone is happy, except me. A little worried that we've been given a group reservation covering all of us for the 09.00 sailing tomorrow but he assures us that we'll be given individual documentation at the port. Will report back, but now an earlyish night - early start in the morning!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
25 litre cartons of vino Tinto, 4 litres of gin, 18 litre bottles of San Miguel, 36 cans of San Miguel, 120 cans of kronenburg, 3 bottles of champagne, and three quarters of a bottle of baileys, oops sorry now only half a bottle swmbo is drinking it. And, I forgot, 20 bottles of 8% dutch beer from the micro brewery under the windmill in Amsterdam, sorry now only 19 , and 4 litres of don Simone sangria !!

A true FUNster.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
IMG_4780.JPG

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Your van must dragging its arse along the road!
Thats nearly as much as I pack into our van when we return from our winter trip!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Safe trip all. Missing the adventure again this year but keep posting so I can follow yours.
Maybe 2018 for us..

tgee

Free Member
Oct 9, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer s660
Exp
Since 2009
To all who are interested in this thread it is sad to report that arriving at Mustafa's it was sad to be confronted by his son to convey of his fathers passing six months ago of a heart condition.

Last year we spent more than two weeks with the Mustafa's (respray and other work) and got to know the family quite well. His elder daughter was at University, his son was still at school while his three year old daughter was toddling.

His son said that the business now passed to him and he was keen to keep up the garage tradition. The same people working for his father are still present and I am allowing them to try and resolve some recurrent starting problems that I have previously had with the van and some additional work on the batteries etc;.

The above mentioned son who left school this/last year now has the business to take care and I have posted recently that I was sceptical about mechanical work carried out on behalf of his fathers work. However, in the circumstances it seems only fair to give his young son a chance to build a reputation over time like his father.

I apologise for the length of this post but it is for information only. Of course, I will report on results of the work carried out in respect of value, quality and service received.

God rest Mustafa's soul!

Sep 4, 2013
North Hants
Funster No
MH
Chatsworth CV40
Exp
Motorhome since 1997 Camping since 1990
To all who are interested in this thread it is sad to report that arriving at Mustafa's it was sad to be confronted by his son to convey of his fathers passing six months ago of a heart condition.

Last year we spent more than two weeks with the Mustafa's (respray and other work) and got to know the family quite well. His elder daughter was at University, his son was still at school while his three year old daughter was toddling.

His son said that the business now passed to him and he was keen to keep up the garage tradition. The same people working for his father are still present and I am allowing them to try and resolve some recurrent starting problems that I have previously had with the van and some additional work on the batteries etc;.

The above mentioned son who left school this/last year now has the business to take care and I have posted recently that I was sceptical about mechanical work carried out on behalf of his fathers work. However, in the circumstances it seems only fair to give his young son a chance to build a reputation over time like his father.

I apologise for the length of this post but it is for information only. Of course, I will report on results of the work carried out in respect of value, quality and service received.

God rest Mustafa's soul!

This is so sad. Spent some time in the garage but was also invited into their home. They even shared some food with us when we were there. Lovely family and Mustafa will be sadly missed. R.I.P.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
RIP Mustafa.
We knew him, his wife and son well having visited him numerous times over the last five years (sometimes even when we didnt need work doing!). Mustafa was always helpful, cheerful and just a nice person to know.
We never had any complaint about work he carried out for us.
Sad, sad news

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back